Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where do u stand on the NBA Lockout issues

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

I have no real stand, I honestly have to say I don't care who gets the better deal I just want there to be a season. Its to bad we the fans can't do anything about this. Wish we had a say.

Default Millionaires vs Billionaires

I'm on the side of the owners, they laid out the bucks for the franchise, the players are a bunch of athletes whose lives are run by money-hungry agents who do next to nothing to make millions of dollars on behalf of their athletically-blessed clients. These players have not worked hard for what they have, other than working out, exercising, and being in shape, and even then, in the case of Eddy Curry, that is not happening. That fat f*ck is one of the main concerns of these talks, how the union is asking for guarantees and long term contracts and the opportunity to make multi-millions for players who do not perform. The players are making TOO MUCH MONEY, the owners are charging more for tickets, concessions, etc to keep the bottom line profitable. If a majority of the NBA franchises are not making a profit, why should their players make multi-millions? This league is full of uneducated player/agent a$$holes who waited until the last minute to come to the bargaining table, and now they've destroyed the season, for the only people who matter, us, the fans, who pay the outrageous ticket prices, insane concession prices, t-shirts, pay cable fees, etc. We're the big losers here. As much as I hate to say it, the government needs to get involved to put these owners and players and agents in their place, and force them back down to the reality of who really makes this sport go round. The people. The 99%. THIS SUCKS BIG TIME and I'm sick of it. btw, I hate James Dolan for being one of the major idiots that put the NBA in this predicament, so I'm not on his side by any means. Where is Clyde to make his voice heard? one of the best players in NBA history only made $200K per year, you don't hear him complaining...

Please, someone, bring basketball back asap. Summer league, gone. pre-season, gone. First month of basketball, gone. How is this season, if it ever comes to fruition, going to be players performing at their best? as a team? this season is already a joke. thank you David Stern, for not making it happen, you f*cking f*ckhead!

what a diatribe, but someone asked.

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I'm on the side of the owners, they laid out the bucks for the franchise, the players are a bunch of athletes whose lives are run by money-hungry agents who do next to nothing to make millions of dollars on behalf of their athletically-blessed clients. These players have not worked hard for what they have, other than working out, exercising, and being in shape, and even then, in the case of Eddy Curry, that is not happening. That fat f*ck is one of the main concerns of these talks, how the union is asking for guarantees and long term contracts and the opportunity to make multi-millions for players who do not perform. The players are making TOO MUCH MONEY, the owners are charging more for tickets, concessions, etc to keep the bottom line profitable. If a majority of the NBA franchises are not making a profit, why should their players make multi-millions? This league is full of uneducated player/agent a$$holes who waited until the last minute to come to the bargaining table, and now they've destroyed the season, for the only people who matter, us, the fans, who pay the outrageous ticket prices, insane concession prices, t-shirts, pay cable fees, etc. We're the big losers here. As much as I hate to say it, the government needs to get involved to put these owners and players and agents in their place, and force them back down to the reality of who really makes this sport go round. The people. The 99%. THIS SUCKS BIG TIME and I'm sick of it. btw, I hate James Dolan for being one of the major idiots that put the NBA in this predicament, so I'm not on his side by any means. Where is Clyde to make his voice heard? one of the best players in NBA history only made $200K per year, you don't hear him complaining...

Please, someone, bring basketball back asap. Summer league, gone. pre-season, gone. First month of basketball, gone. How is this season, if it ever comes to fruition, going to be players performing at their best? as a team? this season is already a joke. thank you David Stern, for not making it happen, you f*cking f*ckhead!

what a diatribe, but someone asked.
    This is exactly how I feel man!
    I share your frustration brah!

Government getting involved ain't gonna happen though, this ain't Russia in the 80's......though I'd love it to happen, but our government has **** all to say when it comes to sports leagues.

I'm really frustrated, watching old games from 07-08, 08-09 and 09-10.....but it ain't the same without Melo and STAT....we were losing all the time back then, so not very funny to watch those old DVDs.

But there is NOTHING we, the fans, can do.

If there ain't no season till December, they can all go to hell and I hope NBA is done as a league/ organization.

Veteran

Cool

I want the season to start asap....but what would the NBA turn into with
    a hard cap, super luxury tax, $3M MLE, a 7% reduction in players salary,
    with a salary-cap that may average under $70M the next 10 seasons?

With the above type "hard-cap" I do not see top level draft picks
    (Griffin, Love, Evans, Jennings, ect.) being able to leave their poor
    coaching/management lottery teams when they become unrestricted
    FA.....unless they except the low $$$ MLE.

Fans want to see premier star-players in the World Series, or Super-Bowl,
    or the NBA Finals. Texas vs St. Louis had low rating in the World Series.
    Do u really have to do the math on which teams would have the highest ratings in a NBA Finals......
    Grizzlies vs Bulls Finals
    or Lakers vs Heat Finals

I disagree, look at the current champions - the Mavs, in the 90s they have never had a winning record, but in the first season with Nowitzki on the roster and Cuban as their owner, they have reached a record of .646 and haven't fallen under .610 in ten consecutive seasons. Or look at the Cavs with LeBron, why wouldn't the Clippers go the same way to the top with Griffin?

Veteran

Thumbs up Owners hiring dum GM's is 70% of the problem

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    I disagree, look at the current champions - the Mavs, in the 90s they have never had a winning record, but in the first season with Nowitzki on the roster and Cuban as their owner, they have reached a record of .646 and haven't fallen under .610 in ten consecutive seasons. Or look at the Cavs with LeBron, why wouldn't the Clippers go the same way to the top with Griffin?
    I'm not sure on what u disagree on......all the hatred on the Heat (esp.
    Lebron) sold-out 90% of the away-game arenas they played in.
    No NBA team came close to the high ratings of a Heats game lastseason.
    Hatred in sports has always sold billions in ratings.
    Between u and me.....Lebron & Wade "outstanding" 4th quarter performance
    the past 8 seasons is why the two reached the $50M endorsements per year.
    Did u notice the change in their performance in the 4th qtr. of the Finals?
    Pat Riley is still a genious in the NBA!

The Dallas Mavs previous owner before Cuban was an idiot who hired
    management dummer than him. Do u think Mark Cuban wouldve traded
    a young superstar Jason Kidd averaging 14 assist per game?

The Cavs silly management let Boozer slip out of their hands.
    I would not condemn a young superstar Blake Griffin to the NBA #1 cheapest
    owner with a stupid GM for the majority of Griffin NBA career.

In your previous post you claimed some young talents won't be able to leave the teams that have drafted them, becasue due to the hard cap no one could pay them enough $$$ (probably you meant the large market organizations). I agree that is not going to be easy to join a team that already has some max contracts on their roster, but I disagree those talented kids should even leave their teams. I mean all those quitters, rats or whatever we name them (LeBron, Bosh, Carmelo, Amare etc.) were not able to bring their teams a chip, so they decided to leave... Do you see Ewing leaving becasue the Knicks didn't get him a ring?

Veteran

Smile A season to support college Basketball

Who do u blame for the Knicks decade of losing-streak?

That is why I can not take the owners side in this CBA negotiation.
    Owner James Dolan was not the only idiot hiring these foolish GM's
    to run his franchise.

I would not be suprise if (owner) Dolan was a strong supporter of a hardcap
    with a super luxury tax included, wanting the players to get 47% of the BRI.
    incompetence is not something u lose over night.
    Whomever adviced Dolan on hiring the Knicks past 3 GM's (Dum, Dummer,
    and Dummy) had to be the same advisor to alot these other owners who lost
    money consistently through their GM's silly decision-making. LOL

Veteran

In your previous post you claimed some young talents won't be able to leave the teams that have drafted them, becasue due to the hard cap no one could pay them enough $$$ (probably you meant the large market organizations). I agree that is not going to be easy to join a team that already has some max contracts on their roster, but I disagree those talented kids should even leave their teams. I mean all those quitters, rats or whatever we name them (LeBron, Bosh, Carmelo, Amare etc.) were not able to bring their teams a chip, so they decided to leave... Do you see Ewing leaving becasue the Knicks didn't get him a ring?
    Do u know the reason why Ewing demanded to be traded?
    Do u know the reason why coach JVG quit during the season?
    Do u know the reason why Pat Riley quit the Knicks?

There are way to many poor manage teams in the NBA with
    poor coaching-staffs, and the Knicks has been one of those
    teams for the past decade.

I know that Dolan was the reason why Ewing demanded to be traded, I know he was also the reason why Van Gundy decided to quit, but despite all those negative things that happened around the Knicks and were caused by Dolan's decisions he's definately one of the owners who want a deal, probably even on players' terms:

"You can look at it and say the majority of owners don't want a deal," Mason told The Post yesterday from his Los Angeles home. "But there are owners eager to get a deal done. At this moment they are overshadowed by a contingent of owners who are trying to get everything they want in a new CBA." Asked if Dolan is one of the owners in the minority, Mason said: "Definitely. You feel excitement in the city. I know Dolan sees that, hears that. He's definitely one of the owners who's ready to get back to work.
    "There are a committee of owners, and their voice is going to be as one. But you know [Dolan] has put a lot into renovating the Garden and put a lot into the team. He had a lot of tough years and there's a lot of promise now. He wants to get back out there."

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

Both are greedy, and as this process has shown care for themselves so i dont support one or the other. Basically owners are complaining players are making too much money and they're all losing money by the millions and the players have too high of a split in the BRI. Players know that players such as mikey moore shouldn't be making 5+ mill. and that they have a the good side in previous deals. so they are being greedy in not wanting to relinquish that and making a 3% drop in the BRI is a huge concession on their end. so i say both sides have no ones but to blame but themselves for their mindset. simple as that. So STFU get on that negotiating table- i dont care if it kills them- and get a deal done. Its not about the players or the owners if you ask me. its about US the fans. so get the deal done for the sake of not losing those fans or damaging the reputation of the league by giving it the image as the league that goes into lockout mode every few years.
    Players your already losers in the deal and the more you wait and bitch around the worse of a deal your going to get. so best thing for you is hammer it out tomorrow and cut your losses early before your looking at a 57/43 split in the owners favor.

Veteran

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    Both are greedy, and as this process has shown care for themselves so i dont support one or the other. Basically owners are complaining players are making too much money and they're all losing money by the millions and the players have too high of a split in the BRI. Players know that players such as mikey moore shouldn't be making 5+ mill. and that they have a the good side in previous deals. so they are being greedy in not wanting to relinquish that and making a 3% drop in the BRI is a huge concession on their end. so i say both sides have no ones but to blame but themselves for their mindset. simple as that. So STFU get on that negotiating table- i dont care if it kills them- and get a deal done. Its not about the players or the owners if you ask me. its about US the fans. so get the deal done for the sake of not losing those fans or damaging the reputation of the league by giving it the image as the league that goes into lockout mode every few years.
    Players your already losers in the deal and the more you wait and bitch around the worse of a deal your going to get. so best thing for you is hammer it out tomorrow and cut your losses early before your looking at a 57/43 split in the owners favor.

u right! at the end of the day no money $$$ made

Just got in from work....waiting to here what little
    they have to say about today CBA negotiation....11-10-11

11.11.11, +6 hours here...

Veteran

11.11.11, +6 hours here...
    where u at

Netherlands, among all those towns some NY boroughs and neighborhoods are named after.