Thread: First Look At Shump In O&B

Hybrid View

Default First Look At Shump In O&B

Please forgive me my unparliamentary language, but this kiddo is ****ing amazing!

Superstar

Nice with the dunks...Marshon Brooks was my guy in this draft coming in but I now KNOW we made the right decision with Shump. I realize that now 100%..Check out this video of Iman:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Taking his training super serious...Very impressive. This kid's got all the making of becoming a real good one..Crazy good work ethic..Looks like a steal at 17..I can't wait to see him play! NO DAYS OFF!!! SHUMP SHUMP'S GETTIN' READY, MAN!!!!!

Veteran

Thumbs up Shumpert earns another point

Keneth Faried was my 6th man to backup Amare & Melo.....but we
    been needing a SG since Allan Houston.

Shumpert got hops....but we need Shumpert to have the same talents as
    Terrence Williams....high team IQ, creative passing skills off the dribble,
    while creating stops on the defensive end of the court as a combo-guard.
    So far I have to go with Billups in noticing star potential in Shumpert.

ummmm.....where was this?

who hosted it?

and How did Shump get a full NBA Jersey during the lockout?

All my questions aside, my Boy is sick nice!!!!

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Keneth Faried was my 6th man to backup Amare & Melo.....but we
    been needing a SG since Allan Houston.

Shumpert got hops....but we need Shumpert to have the same talents as
    Terrence Williams....high team IQ, creative passing skills off the dribble,
    while creating stops on the defensive end of the court as a combo-guard.
    So far I have to go with Billups in noticing star potential in Shumpert.
    I'm right there with you. These highlight vidz are nice and all and I do love this pick but if someone could get their hands on an actual full pick-up game where we can see how he reads the game that would be great.

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    I'm right there with you. These highlight vidz are nice and all and I do love this pick but if someone could get their hands on an actual full pick-up game where we can see how he reads the game that would be great.
    Great point....with that said if you look at college video of this kid you will see he knows the game well.

He flirted with a quad. double in college and that takes knowing all aspects of the game

Plus the thing I like love about this kid is that he can tell you why he struggled at times in college, in his own words he said he tried to "do too much" and played out of his skill set, again in his words he said playing with Stat,Melo and Chauncy he will be able to just play within himself. Yet again in his own words "he wants to impact the game in other ways other than than scoring the ball"....very mature attitude for a rookie!

Now will we see rookie mistakes? for sure, we saw them from Feilds last year and every other rookie yet he has the IQ. and athleticism to be a nice player for years to come

Did we hit the jack pot and land the best player in the whole draft...not likely, but we landed a very solid player and probably goes down with Wilson Chandler and David Lee as one of our best draft picks in recent years.

Imagine if we landed Larry Hughes in his prime and this is what I think we got w/ Shump and unlike Hughes I think Shump is a lot more coachable and Hughes never had the athleticism Shump possesses.

Truthfully this video shows me nothing we have not seen before from Shump....what is telling is his interviews and that of his peers about him!

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

2 things;

1. WE GOT OURSELVES A BALLER! dudes the steal of the draft no doubt and i really think he's gonna be a valuable piece to our puzzle. gonna help us to the Chip and definitely could see him as a 6th man like the jet or a borderline allstar talent like that of a rip or so.

2. The jersey is fire!!! once the lockouts through and that number is official definitely copping that jersey.

p.s dudes my early favorite to take the dunk contest( if there is one )

I thought this would be thread-worthy but I don't have the rights to start one. Anyway Stump posted this on his instagram page and quickly deleted it.....looks legit.....and pretty nice as well [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Superstar

how did shump fall to 17? looking at the draft class as of right now there is only one clear cut player better then him and thats irving. k leanord and shump are on the same level as of today. and i think will take a major step from year 2 to year 3 especially with an official offseason.

Veteran

Originally Posted by knicksince 93
    how did shump fall to 17? looking at the draft class as of right now there is only one clear cut player better then him and thats irving. k leanord and shump are on the same level as of today. and i think will take a major step from year 2 to year 3 especially with an official offseason.
    I like Shump, he's a Keeper, but ......

Our 17th picks was suppose to be Kenneth Faried, and we were suppose to buy a 2nd round pick to select Isiiah Thomas .. these 2 players were in that draft-class, plus their skills/talent/and IQ are way above Shump (then & now).

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    I like Shump, he's a Keeper, but ......

Our 17th picks was suppose to be Kenneth Faried, and we were suppose to buy a 2nd round pick to select Isiiah Thomas .. these 2 players were in that draft-class, plus their skills/talent/and IQ are way above Shump (then & now).
    I like shump over faried.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2