Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!(tentative)

Fellow Knick Fans rejoice!!! Basketball is back! We literally have a few of weeks to get this team fully staffed and ready to go. Good for us is most of certain players have been active during all this hoopla. We need to implement all our defensive tactics asap. Our offense will come on its own. Also need to sign a BIG now! Round out the bench with solid vets and young talent and we're good to go into battle against the elite in the NBA. Cant wait for Christmas Day. So amped and pumped!

Let's Go !!!

Looks like i will be coming to the states after all next year!!!!

So good!

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo

Its good to be back..... With that said here is a link from Business Week about the rook Iman Shumpert... Apparently he was impressive physically enough during the lockout that Gatorade believes he needs to test their new product performance.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

on the flip they mention he suffers from muscle cramps.....

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    FYI

Jerome Jordan Is going to be our center this year write that down

Jerome Jordan Continues Consistent Play For BC Krka

Nov 22, 2011 7:07 PM EST
    Jerome Jordan had 12 points and six rebounds in 21 minutes in BC Krka's 84-65 win over Le Mans on Tuesday in EuroCup play.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], while playing 22.5 minutes per game overall.
    The Knicks hold the draft rights to Jordan.

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Any idea if they run an uptempo offense?

If not then predicting his role in an MOA offense is worthless.

I'll wait til I see him.

I'd bet on Shump before Jordan.
    Last edited by Red; Nov 27, 2011 at 07:37.

Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Good to see everyone back...

To go through your questions:

1. We need a big, but I'm not getting one this year to lose our chance and CP3 or D12 next year. Obviously I prefer waiting for D12 and just seeing what we have with the guys we drafted and getting a stop-gap C in the meantime.

2. Yes, it's do or die for Mike D'Antoni if we do not host and win a playoff series I think he's out.

3. Remains to be seen.

And I am going to pick up NBA2K as well ending MY personal boycott (I think it's 35 at Best Buy).

Also - can we talk about the new GM. We are so uncertain about this guy, he has not done anything for us yet. I think his actions this offseason will be interesting to watch.
    Give him time. I might have seen 1 interview with him, I didn't get much from it. What's his philosophy; his tactics; connections?

Originally Posted by Red
    Give him time. I might have seen 1 interview with him, I didn't get much from it. What's his philosophy; his tactics; connections?
    Definitely give him time. But I am not ready to fully trust his philosophy because I have not seen him in action yet.

here we go knickerbockers... lets sign a big and get after it... can't wait!

OOOOHH WEEEE!!

About time! I'm pretty happy that they managed to squeak out a deal so there would be NBA ball this year. I felt like the Knicks put in a lot of work to get to this point and to lose this year would be very detrimental to the team and their chances of success over the next few years.

Now that we'll be getting back to ball I think the knicks have a great chance to go far this year. Mike Woodson in as DC will make a great addition to our team. Iman looks to get his feet wet and should be a great defensive presence on the perimeter. Hopefully this guy can actually stop ray allen from lighting us up on the perimeter, Fields could do nothing to stop him in the post season. With time to gel, Melo, Amar'e and Billups should be much more effective this season. especially as this short season wears on, i think we'll see them start to really set up those great plays we're accustomed to seeing from them.

I'm still kinda upset that they didn't get this thing done in time, but i'll take 66 games over nothing.

Knicks have a few needs but not a lot of money to play with. Only offering 1-year deals to secure cap space for 2012.

From what i've seen of Jerome Jordan, he's hit or miss. Would be nice if we had a fuggin big man coach. Still, a true 7 footer would help us. Jorts/Turiaf/Jordan committee. Ratliff, Battie, Brown are the only halfway decent centers I think we could sign on a 1 year deal.

Kurt Thomas is an option too but his age and lack of shot blocking bother me. Plus he's only 6-9 and we need to get bigger.

Veteran

WOW we are gonna have hoops for Xmas!!!! I had almost given up hope!!! Great to be back!!!!