WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!(tentative)

la2ny

Starter
I know I've been missing for awhile, but I completely tried to distance myself from this crap. Finally they have a deal in place an it looks like it's gonna be a great Christmas for bball fans:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...F?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_lockout_ends-112611

:beer::peace::jump::jump::jump::jump::raise::raise::jump2::bang::happydrunks::thewave::peace:

155630_o.gif

Last edited:
I won't celebrate until I see the Knicks in Training Camp! Too much has happened......but yeah, for the moment itlooks good, let's hope it stays that way and Hunter doesn't throw it out the window agan...

Sage

Rotation player
Just heard the news that the lockout is over and a deal has been reached. Very exciting stuff.

Word is the season kicks off on the 25th Dec. Now it's time for the Knicks front office to start calling every FA center available. :-\

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
We are scheduled to open the season against Celtics. I hope we sign C since we currently have no one on our roster that can be effective at that position.

smokes

Huge Member
REJOICE! Now we can finally start talking basketball again! :gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I woke up, logged onto the board, checked the news and went bananas. Now we can finally talk some real basketball.

PS. almost forgot: THE KNICKS ARE BACK! :gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I won't celebrate until I see the Knicks in Training Camp! Too much has happened......but yeah, for the moment itlooks good, let's hope it stays that way and Hunter doesn't throw it out the window agan...

I concur!

So many times throughout this fiasco we've been lead to believe that all signs pointed to compromise.

There are still lesser items to be ironed out: lawsuit dismissals + ratification votes (which will be interesting) etc.

Considering how pedantic both sides have been throughout, I wouldn't be surprised if there were still some pricks - from either side - still keen to piss in everyone's coffee.

Can't help but be pessimistic after this poorly handled, greed fueled debacle.

If it's back to hoops, AWESOME! If not, would anyone be shocked?

Still, best news - true or false - for me in a while.

Red

TYPE-A
OK guys let's resume...

1. Free agents based on new cba

*we need a big
*to preserve space for CP3, D12, or DWill
*Depth

2. Mike Antoni

*Is it do or die?
*Where's the line in the sand (I.e. at least a playoff win or series win)?

3. Mike Woodson and the impact on defense

Begin...

Btw I think I might just go out and purchase NBA2K or a new Knick hat or something since my personal boycott may be over.

What up?

KBlack25

Starter
OK guys let's resume...

1. Free agents based on new cba

*we need a big
*to preserve space for CP3, D12, or DWill
*Depth

2. Mike Antoni

*Is it do or die?
*Where's the line in the sand (I.e. at least a playoff win or series win)?

3. Mike Woodson and the impact on defense

Begin...

Btw I think I might just go out and purchase NBA2K or a new Knick hat or something since my personal boycott may be over.

What up?

Good to see everyone back...

To go through your questions:

1. We need a big, but I'm not getting one this year to lose our chance and CP3 or D12 next year. Obviously I prefer waiting for D12 and just seeing what we have with the guys we drafted and getting a stop-gap C in the meantime.

2. Yes, it's do or die for Mike D'Antoni if we do not host and win a playoff series I think he's out.

3. Remains to be seen.

And I am going to pick up NBA2K as well ending MY personal boycott :) (I think it's 35 at Best Buy).

Also - can we talk about the new GM. We are so uncertain about this guy, he has not done anything for us yet. I think his actions this offseason will be interesting to watch.

jpz17

Starter
Yesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

and we get a break with much more cap room now. CP3 is a knick!

this also means Jpz is baaaaack. no mo lockout crap

Kiyaman

Legend
HotDamn....NBA is Fantastic

Awright! Awright! Awright! :thumbsup:
The Practice Gym is "Open" for rookies & players
The Free-Agent hype is ready to begin the season

Stand-in GM Grunwald is at the starting-line stretching for a
career race that could lead to a 4 year contract deal with
the Amazing Knicks (by signing two shotblocking bigmen, plus?)
to win 50 games out of a 72 game season.
:thumbsup: :gony: :thumbsup:

FYI

Jerome Jordan Is going to be our center this year write that down

Jerome Jordan Continues Consistent Play For BC Krka

Nov 22, 2011 7:07 PM EST
Jerome Jordan had 12 points and six rebounds in 21 minutes in BC Krka's 84-65 win over Le Mans on Tuesday in EuroCup play.
Jordan is averaging 20.6 points and 8.15 rebounds per 36 minutes this season, while playing 22.5 minutes per game overall.
The Knicks hold the draft rights to Jordan.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ues_Consistent_Play_For_BC_Krka#ixzz1epPNZru0

I wanna see Stern say the lockout is over with his own mouth before I jump all over the place... But if its true.. then I cant flipping wait!

YESSSS!!!!!! :gony:
Damn i really miss watching the Knicks, hopefully this site will go back to normal, I know I'm going to be more active now. Can't wait for our Christmas game against the Celtics!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Restrained enthusiasm for me.

I am very interested in seeing the details of the new CBA (i.e. Cap, free agent exceptions, grandfather clauses, etc). I am hearing the cap will be the same this year, $58 mil.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
I've been checking every day to see if they reached a deal. I was beginning to think the players and owners will never reach an agreement. Can't wait till the season begins.:beer:

Also very curious as to what the Knicks roster will look like before the season. We will see some action to rosters forming on December 9th, I'm hyped up.:gony: