WE ARE BACK IN BUSINESS!!!!(tentative)

tiger0330

Legend
About time, I am pretty sure the players gave in since they had more to lose in this with their only out a favorable judgement in their anti-trust case. That anti-trust case would have been a high risk move that would have cost most if not all of the season and pissed off the owners to give the players jack.

Let's cross our fingers and hope that the majority of NBA players are reasonable people and vote for this despite giving back so much of the last CBA.

Great news. I missed you guys.

Now we can go out and trade for CP3, D12. Sign Chandler, Barrea & Nene. :smokin: Just kidding. Got a little overly excited there for a moment...

la2ny

Starter
Lol, oh how I longed to discuss the Knicks chances at redemption, and a second time pulling off a miracle run to the finals after a lockout.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Glad to see the gang back! And so quickly.

My dad told me the news when I got home. I didn't know if he was serious at first so I asked him again. I was surprised. Totally didn't expect this today!

la2ny

Starter
You can imagine how I felt, I had gave up hope after the second time they cried wolf. Then yesterday, I read about them meeting needing a deal this weekend for Xmas games and I kept my hopes down. By 12 last night I was following Chris Broussard's twitter -___-. He tweeted something about a joint presser(dead giveaway for positive news) and I immediately went to ESPN an there it was, I went coocoo.

I seriously thought the season was toast. I didnt log onto anything NBA related for a few months I was so pissed. Glad it's back. Lets go KNICKS...

CoolClyde

thanksgiving knixmas

i'd like to give thanks to all the high-fivin', high-flyin' motherf*ckers!

melostatfields.jpg

:beer::gony::beer:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
If the season does start on December 25, I'll be one happy mother****er. Knicks-Celtics. Time to get some payback and prove that we can beat these guys.

I'll be wishing for a Knicks win this Christmas (and maybe a few chickenwings on Garnett for tripping TD in Game 1) :gony:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
If we acquire a reasonable center, if MW make our deffense work, if Melo and STAT will do their best and if our backup players make some numbers, we can beat the C's.
Many "ifs" but I hope they can work out those things.

Paul1355

All Star
We are scheduled to open the season against Celtics. I hope we sign C since we currently have no one on our roster that can be effective at that position.
Turiaf will start and Jordan/Jorts will be backups....we can deal with it for a little while but we should use the MLE on a center

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Fellow Knick Fans rejoice!!! Basketball is back! We literally have a few of weeks to get this team fully staffed and ready to go. Good for us is most of certain players have been active during all this hoopla. We need to implement all our defensive tactics asap. Our offense will come on its own. Also need to sign a BIG now! Round out the bench with solid vets and young talent and we're good to go into battle against the elite in the NBA. Cant wait for Christmas Day. So amped and pumped!

Let's Go :gony: !!!

elcol

Rotation player
Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Red

TYPE-A
FYI

Jerome Jordan Is going to be our center this year write that down

Jerome Jordan Continues Consistent Play For BC Krka

Nov 22, 2011 7:07 PM EST
Jerome Jordan had 12 points and six rebounds in 21 minutes in BC Krka's 84-65 win over Le Mans on Tuesday in EuroCup play.
Jordan is averaging 20.6 points and 8.15 rebounds per 36 minutes this season, while playing 22.5 minutes per game overall.
The Knicks hold the draft rights to Jordan.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ues_Consistent_Play_For_BC_Krka#ixzz1epPNZru0

Any idea if they run an uptempo offense?

If not then predicting his role in an MOA offense is worthless.

I'll wait til I see him.

I'd bet on Shump before Jordan.

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Good to see everyone back...

To go through your questions:

1. We need a big, but I'm not getting one this year to lose our chance and CP3 or D12 next year. Obviously I prefer waiting for D12 and just seeing what we have with the guys we drafted and getting a stop-gap C in the meantime.

2. Yes, it's do or die for Mike D'Antoni if we do not host and win a playoff series I think he's out.

3. Remains to be seen.

And I am going to pick up NBA2K as well ending MY personal boycott :) (I think it's 35 at Best Buy).

Also - can we talk about the new GM. We are so uncertain about this guy, he has not done anything for us yet. I think his actions this offseason will be interesting to watch.

Give him time. I might have seen 1 interview with him, I didn't get much from it. What's his philosophy; his tactics; connections?

KBlack25

Starter
Give him time. I might have seen 1 interview with him, I didn't get much from it. What's his philosophy; his tactics; connections?

Definitely give him time. But I am not ready to fully trust his philosophy because I have not seen him in action yet.

p0nder

Starter
About time! I'm pretty happy that they managed to squeak out a deal so there would be NBA ball this year. I felt like the Knicks put in a lot of work to get to this point and to lose this year would be very detrimental to the team and their chances of success over the next few years.

Now that we'll be getting back to ball I think the knicks have a great chance to go far this year. Mike Woodson in as DC will make a great addition to our team. Iman looks to get his feet wet and should be a great defensive presence on the perimeter. Hopefully this guy can actually stop ray allen from lighting us up on the perimeter, Fields could do nothing to stop him in the post season. With time to gel, Melo, Amar'e and Billups should be much more effective this season. especially as this short season wears on, i think we'll see them start to really set up those great plays we're accustomed to seeing from them.