Greg Oden Jeff Foster Jordan and Turiaf

I'd love to see the Knicks go to battle with these bigs. You got to sign Oden to as little as possible for 2-3 years until he proves he's healthy. If he pans out we're set for 6-8 years, if not minimal investment.

Foster backs up JJ and Turiaf. Foster gets a lot of the grunt work down low. He doesnt need the ball to be effective on the court.

I think this would be a decent rotation (IF MDA USES THEM) to complement what STAT & Melo do on the court...

I didnt realize Oden had signed an 8 mill qualifying offer. WTH is Portland doing out there? They got a risky Oden and Roy and dont want to part ways with either?

I cant give Oden 8-9 mill a year unless its absolutely a one year deal...

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Yeah Oden is out, lol, but I actually kinda want to bring Foster in on a 1 year, saw someone mention Kurt Thomas too, I'd be down with either. Don't think either would make our rivals fans start crying, but they would quietly help in areas of need. Prob play 12-18 minutes per, focusing just on rebounding, defense and easy buckets, they are guys at a stage in their careers (and have been playing this way anyhow) that understand their value and can allow your Carmelo's and Stoudemire's of the NBA world to get their stats while they take the charges, give the fouls to deny dunks, box out well, etc. Weird because most years we're talking about big names or exciting talents, and we hafta realize this year we can't really be looking for a huge splash with another big FA year on the horizon, so I know Foster and Thomas don't sound exciting, but I'd be pleased with either to add depth. Hopping on another threads suggestion again... I want Ben Hansbrough ASAP to fill in for Roger Mason roster spot or Andy Rautins roster spot.

Hansbrough (sp?) would be a shrewd move. He handles the ball better than Rautins and Douglas. Not sure if he shots as well as Douglas thou.He may be questionable on defense, but when has MDA been concerned with that.

We need as many serviceable bigs as we can fit on the roster Thomas, Jordan and Foster should be a good starting point.