Which current and former players do you think is a Knick at heart

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
or you just see them fitting as a Knick more than being on any other team?

Wilson and Gallinari probably the most to me. I get that vibe.

David Lee fits with the Warriors, and Nate is a character so he'll fit in anywhere. I'd always welcome them back in New York.

p0nder

Starter
Guys I would like to see back:

Kurt Thomas - hard nosed defense, great run with us earlier in career, would be fitting for him to finish out here.

Gallo - the godson of HC MD, relished the Big Game's, developed in front of us to be a good player, with a high ceiling.

Marcus Camby - would fit in great with STAT and MELO, big defensive presence.

D.Lee - grew to be a great character guy, lots of hustle, good rebounding instincts.

T-Mac. - I think he still got something left in the tank.

Zach Randolph - the guy is now a beast offensively and adequate defensively.

Guys i don't really want back:

Wilson; i just never got the vibe he was happy here?

Jared Jeffereis - good on defense, a liability on offense, it's like playing 4 on 5 ball out there with him on the court.

Nate - Just too much clowning. not enough maturity/professionalism. great talent if he can ever find a way to focus that energy.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Melo would be repeating "you know man, I'm happy to be here" in any other place and on any other team where he'd get his big bucks, especially if it were the Nets who would have landed him. Playing for the Knicks and being NY native doesn't make him a real Knickerbocker, there are plenty of users over here from outside NY that feel the Knicks much more than he does.
Amare feels the city and enjoys his celebrity life, but if it wasn't the Knicks that offered him a $100M he would be cool about that, there are more teams in the league that could take that risk and sign him.

If we're talking about recent times, Chandler and Gallo were the most true Knickerbockers over the last few years. Drafted by the Knicks they really showed heart for this team and I saw how sad (or screwed?) they felt when they had to move to Denver. Gallo is probably too proud to publicly say that, but in my opinion he'd love to play for the Knicks again and we all know how desperately Wilson wants to get back to New York.

p0nder

Starter
Melo fought to get to the knicks, his boyhood and hometown team. He played brilliantly in the playoffs for us and has shown a drive and determination to succeed far greater then we've seen from any other player over the last number of years, probably since pat ewing.

One guy that gets no love here is Al Harrington. I think he was a knickerbocker at heart. Loved playing in NY and wanted desperately to win and get to the playoffs. He was the one guy that had the circus act of a team looking for wins, looking at the playoff hunt, etc. I don't think he'd fit well with the team as it is now, but that guy had knickerbocker heart from the start.

You can tell that Gallo , Will , and even Mozgof were all true Knicks. We had to do what we had to do but I would welcome all three of these guys back ( as long as it can be done after next year ). Say what yall want but Steph also is a true Knicks. He is from my hometown and he still reps the us from China. If he came to the team in a different time/ era he may have been better off. We needed him and someone else who could lead the team not cancer's like Curry & Zach etc.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
You can tell that Gallo , Will , and even Mozgof were all true Knicks. We had to do what we had to do but I would welcome all three of these guys back ( as long as it can be done after next year ). Say what yall want but Steph also is a true Knicks. He is from my hometown and he still reps the us from China. If he came to the team in a different time/ era he may have been better off. We needed him and someone else who could lead the team not cancer's like Curry & Zach etc.

Can a mod or Rady delete my other account. I found out what the issue was at work, had to use a different web browser to post. Thanks!