Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: If Evolution is a fact..

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Very interesting stuff. I've been reading and watching about Neanderthals a lot lately.
    Just two years ago, another possible species of human that co-existed and possibly interbred with modern human species was discovered in a cave in Siberia. As of now, nothing is conclusive as only a single finger bone has been analyzed. DNA analysis of this bone show it to be not modern human (Homo sapiens) and not Neanderthal (Homo neanderthalensis). It has been preliminarily named Denisova hominin or Woman X. No genus or species has been assigned as more data is needed.

Another species of human that existed during the same time as modern humans is Homo floresiensis, also called "hobbit" as a full grown adult was only 1 meter tall. Homo floresiensis is still under review and is currently a subject of debate.

Interesting stuff. The Homo genus all together is an interesting subject.

Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Aug 12, 2012 at 08:50.

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Just two years ago, another possible species of human that co-existed and possibly interbred with modern human species was discovered in a cave in Siberia. As of now, nothing is conclusive as only a single finger bone has been analyzed. DNA analysis of this bone show it to be not modern human (Homo sapiens) and not Neanderthal (Homo neanderthalensis). It has been preliminarily named Denisova hominin or Woman X. No genus or species has been assigned as more data is needed.
    Nice! Thanks for that, LJ. Incredibly interesting stuff. The Denisovan mtDNA is almost double in base difference to modern humans than that of Neanderthals - Neanderthalensis @202, and Denisovan @385. An entirely separate strain of hominid with an estimated 1 million year prior shared common ancestor with Homo sapiens and Neanderthals. Hopefully these findings lead to others, and a better still understanding of human history and its forebears.

Such diversity stemmed from multi-migration out of Africa, yet only one hominid remains, and has managed to populate the entire planet, even as far as my home island, Tasmania. Indigenous Australians, Aboriginals, have a direct DNA link to Denisovan ancestry, and to think of the sheer distance between the 2 locations is mind boggling.

I find it absolutely captivating.

Such a shame that this thread has died out.

I miss watching the Darwinist and the Russellite go at it in these type of threads.

I will have a crack from the Creationist viewpoint yet again: Just my opinion of course:

So what stages of the "Religion of Evolutionism" do we have concrete Proof For yet Guys?

The Big Bang ? Where all the matter in the universe was crammed into a space smaller than a dot on a page and exploded to create the complex universe we have today over billions of years........... Sorry - No Evidence Yet.... Still just a theory at this stage....

Stellar Evolution ? ( How the Stars Evolved) No Evidence yet...

Chemical Evolution ? How Hydrogen and Helium happened to produce all the other complex elements - Pretty hard to happen when you cant fuse past iron..... Sorry - No Evidence

Cosmic Evolution ? No Evidence

Organic Evolution - (Creating life out of non living material ) - Certainly Not !!! After all, Evolutionists must have incredible faith to believe we Evolved from a Rock ! And that's what you believe when it all boils down to it....

Macro Evolution? ( The missing Link Where one species completely evolves into another species) No Evidence - All Hoaxes to date....No transitional forms discovered...... Still a fairytale.

Incidently, how did the Laws that Govern the Universe Evolve such as Gravity? I am waiting with baited breath on the answer to that one guys?

Micro Evolution? At last YES WE HAVE EVIDENCE!!! Something I Call "Bait and Switch by the Evolutionists........."

Whereby they Trick vulnerable students into thinking that Micro Evolution is concrete proof that all the other stages of Evolution are true. Sadly, all Micro Evolution is at the end of the day is a variation within a specific kind of animal or species to which God said would occur all along. So even though the term Micro Evolution isn't what i would call a good term, all it actually points out is a micro changes occur within all species, to which creationists believe also, but there is limits.... I mean, can a banana turn into a Dog? I think not in a billion years i am afraid....

But the Evolutionist somehow convinces students that because Micro Evolution Occurs , it is proof that all the other stages of Evolutionism is in fact true but sadly for them it is still a fairytale and there is no evidence... They seem to think that because Micro Evolution is true, we can somehow bundle that one up with all the other 6 stages of Evolution as proof that they occurred also.....

I suggest people read a book called the "Evolution Cruncher" written by Vance Ferrell. Its over 900 pages long and it extensively covers a broad range of issues in the Creation v Evolution Argument. Including The history of the Evolution Theory, Big Bang and Stellar Evolution, The Origin of the Earth, The age of the Earth, Inaccurate Dating Methods, Why raw materials on Earth cannot produce life, DNA and Protein, Natural Selection , Mutations, Fossils, Effects from The Flood, Vestigal Organs Etc

On another note:

How can Evolution do this:

The mallee bird lives in the Australian desert. In May or June,
    with his claws the male makes a pit in the sand that is just the right size:
    about 3 feet [9 dm] deep and 6 feet [18 dm] long. Then he fills it with
    vegetation. As it rots, it heats up. The bird waits patiently until the
    rains, which increase the heat to over 100o F. [38o C.] at the bottom of
    the pile. The bird waits until it is down to 92o F. [33o C.]. When the
    right temperature is reached, he calls for his wife; they mate; she lays
    one egg a day for 30 days; and then leaves. The male then covers the
    eggs with sand, and continually checks the temperature with his amazing
    thermometer bill for 7 weeks. He cannot let the temperature go up
    or down even one degree. If it cools at night, he piles on more sand. If
    it overheats in the day, he pulls off sand. At hatching time, the chicks
    break their shells—and crawl up through as much as 2 feet of sand!
    Arriving at the top, each one is fully able to fly and is on its own.
    Neither father or mother mallee bird gives it any further attention or
    training. When it grows up, it does just as its parents did.

Cheers
    Last edited by wian; Nov 24, 2012 at 04:49.

this is a pretty awesome thread, just another example of how cool and thoughtful KO posters and the entire Knicks Online forum is and can be.

power to the Homo genus. no homo.