Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Evolution is a fact..

Veteran

Repost.

Hypothetically speaking, if all land on earth became uninhabitable, and humans were forced to take to the seas, at what point would we mutate to survive?

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Repost.

Hypothetically speaking, if all land on earth became uninhabitable, and humans were forced to take to the seas, at what point would we mutate to survive?
    Probably never. Sudden, drastic changes in the environment in the past have typically resulted in massive extinctions.

*Edit: I could be wrong but I get the feeling you are focusing on mutation too much and thinking of mutation like the X-Men. Mutations can be slight variations within a species (e.g. blue eyes, dimples, baldness, etc.) and do not have to be sudden, gross differences in an individual (e.g. human baby born with fins and gills).
    Last edited by LJ4ptplay; Dec 11, 2011 at 16:29.

Originally Posted by Knicks4lyfe
    Repost.

As LJ stated a catastrophic change such as you mentioned would most likely lead to extinction. Mutation occurs very slowly and often with subtle changes that would not be able to save us in your scenario.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

^ Is that Eddy Curry?

Originally Posted by metrocard
    LMFAO wtf?

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    Neither of you, or even Dr Jobe Martin, understand gradual change over an immense period of time, leading to speciation. All of you only think in instantaneousness. Someone who thinks this way has no possible way of comprehending evolution. You think what exists now popped into being and did not change over time. Billions of years, or even a few million years is incomprehensible. You only think in lengths of lifetimes or generations. Until either of you can understand tiny variations gradually expressed over an immense period of time, there is no point in debating.

To answer your question though, Homo sapiens (i.e. humans) first existed approximately 35,000 years ago.

Again, if you understood speciation over immense periods of time, instead of thinking that one day there were no humans and suddenly the next day there were humans, the question of incest and mating with apes wouldn't have even been asked. It is a silly question.

Knicks4lyfe is in a cult denomination that believes a human's lifespan is more than just a blink of an eye in comparison to the Earth's age.

That's why the egoists in their denominations(Judge Rutherford, Charles T. Russell, etc.) made numerous false Armageddon predictions. They think their birth is more significant than the billions of other births, and that if they were born in year "X" that it must mean more than the people born in previous decades and centuries.

How do you explain electricity? Hydroelectric power is supposedly a current drawn from falling water. Over the last 100 years people have taken billions of showers. How many of us have been electrocuted? Oh yea, and those electron things are TINY. There is no way something we cant perceive is responsible for starting a car, or lighting up the garden. YOU CANT EXPLAIN THAT.

Originally Posted by amazinz5
    How do you explain electricity? Hydroelectric power is supposedly a current drawn from falling water. Over the last 100 years people have taken billions of showers. How many of us have been electrocuted? Oh yea, and those electron things are TINY. There is no way something we cant perceive is responsible for starting a car, or lighting up the garden. YOU CANT EXPLAIN THAT.
    in my opinion, and i stress, my opinion, the theory of evolution is the biggest lie to ever be taught .... there is no proof for it at all. It is just an excuse for people to deny the existence of God

Originally Posted by wian
    in my opinion, and i stress, my opinion, the theory of evolution is the biggest lie to ever be taught .... there is no proof for it at all. It is just an excuse for people to deny the existence of God
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Why would an almighty God who can create life use a process called Evolution to create the world ? Doesn't make sense to me. As if he would need to put that process in place. And while we are at it, if people believe that God used Evolution to create the world, and we then stating that the book of Genisis in the Bible is a lie as it clearly teaches creation? It doesn't make sense at all and its not consistent .....

I dont know if many people on here know, but Charles Darwin originally believed in God but turned away from God and made some pretty dubious lifestlyle choices. He married his first cousin for starters and from memory, i think 3 of his 10 children died shortly after their birth due to severe disabilities, so why would you want to believe someone who followed these lifestyle choices anyway? Clearly the bloke didnt have his head screwed on the right way...

Sadly, he was also directly influenced by a God hating person by the name of Thomas Huxley who was the person who influenced his decision to publish his Origin of Species Book. He was quoted as saying.... "'We objected to morality, because it interfered with our sexual freedom so we leapt at Darwin's theory. "

The mathematical chances of Evolution creating the universe in my opinion is ................ Zero.......

that's a question. watch out your post

Why would an almighty God who can create life use a process called Evolution to create the world ? Doesn't make sense to me. As if he would need to put that process in place. And while we are at it, if people believe that God used Evolution to create the world, and we then stating that the book of Genisis in the Bible is a lie as it clearly teaches creation? It doesn't make sense at all and its not consistent .....

I dont know if many people on here know, but Charles Darwin originally believed in God but turned away from God and made some pretty dubious lifestlyle choices. He married his first cousin for starters and from memory, i think 3 of his 10 children died shortly after their birth due to severe disabilities, so why would you want to believe someone who followed these lifestyle choices anyway? Clearly the bloke didnt have his head screwed on the right way...

Sadly, he was also directly influenced by a God hating person by the name of Thomas Huxley who was the person who influenced his decision to publish his Origin of Species Book. He was quoted as saying.... "'We objected to morality, because it interfered with our sexual freedom so we leapt at Darwin's theory. "

The mathematical chances of Evolution creating the universe in my opinion is ................ Zero.......
    Whatever floats your boat.

There are mountains of evidence supporting evolution and some people don't want to believe it because they either a.) are ignorant of the facts or b.) don't want to believe it because believing in the existence of God makes them feel special.

When you put the facts up against the bible, the bible fails every time. The only reason evoultion is still a theory is because we cannot travel back in time and the rules of the scientific method used to change "theory" to a "law". It is accepted as fact by 99% of the scientific community. The theory is used today to develop our vaccines. Are you suggesting the entire scientific community is just using it as an excuse to deny the existence of God?

Your statement is a very ignorant one.

Bingo! The Book of Genesis is a lie and therefore the Jewish and Christian God does not exist.

Einstein married his first cousin too, I believe he had his head screwed on the right way. He also developed the Theory of Relativity, which is still called a theory but has been accepted by most of the scientific community as fact (most parts, it is a multifaceted theory). Do you believe astrophysicists are using E=mc2 as an excuse to deny the existence of God? Study the data, not the messenger.

Your theories are interesting. Can you provide your data to support your mathematical model? Has your data been published in any peer reviewed scientific journals?

Originally Posted by LJ4ptplay
    There are mountains of evidence supporting evolution and some people don't want to believe it because they either a.) are ignorant of the facts or b.) don't want to believe it because believing in the existence of God makes them feel special.

When you put the facts up against the bible, the bible fails every time. The only reason evoultion is still a theory is because we cannot travel back in time and the rules of the scientific method used to change "theory" to a "law". It is accepted as fact by 99% of the scientific community. The theory is used today to develop our vaccines. Are you suggesting the entire scientific community is just using it as an excuse to deny the existence of God?

Your theories are interesting. Can you provide your data to support your mathematical model? Has your data been published in any peer reviewed scientific journals?
    I love it how the evolution community hides behind this...... "Oh, i have a degree, so i am educated and all wise and powerful, so i must know how the world began ! " What a joke. Its the evolutionists that probably allow and disallow things to go into the science journals in the first place, with the sole purpose of indoctrinating the masses mind you..... And there are plenty of scientists out there who believe in creation and intelligent design to be honest. More scientists every year are believing that God exists over believing that it all happened by accident or chance, which is what evolution is. Sad thing is , if you believe in evolution, you have nothing to look forward to, you have no purpose in life as you are in fact, a "Cosmic Accident.." Whereas if you believe in God, you have a purpose a chance for eternal life which i would rather believe... Evolutionists have a habit of changing their theories every year to suit themselves as they dont have the answers to explain things. They change like the wind, but a true Christian is consistent with what he believes as he has hope and faith...

Also, what are these so called facts that disprove the bible? Name them would you please.... I don't believe the bible lies... Sorry. And i bet you cannot provide a mathematical model to support evolution either because there isn't one.. Evolution is not science. It is not factual. Its just a theory... Its a religion to those who believe it, like creationism. What ****s me to tears is the people out there that mask evolution as science against religion when it isn't science at all. Creationism is just as much science as evolution is..

In actual fact, There is more evidence to support a world wide flood in Noah's time than to support evolution if you study the evidence properly..

I would rather believe that God created the universe than to think we came from a rock, which is what evolutionists believe when it all boils down to it. Imagine that, coming from a cosmic soup as you call it, or a rock.... What an insult to intelligence

the only evidence that Darwin came up with was to support Micro Evolution, which God has allowed in the diversity of the Genetic code for each species. For example, each species can have different attributes such as different hair colour, different skin colour and eye colour, different body shapes and sizes. etc. But at the end of the day, a human is still a human. It isnt evolving into a Dog !!! Micro Evolution is not proof for one species changing completely from one thing to another. There is no evidence for this occurring at all. I challenge anyone out there to find me actual proof of this occurring. All of this so called evidence to date is either a hoax, or proven to be false...

Incidentally, If you plant a tomato seed into the ground, will it ever in millions of years turn into an apple tree? If you kept the seed in a packet for millions of years and get someone to plant it again then, will it have changed to a different plant? I think not.... Did you know that each human body contains over 90 trillion cells , and the DNA in each cell would be over 2 metres long if it was de-coded and unravelled. Very, very complicated stuff if you ask me, so how could it evolve by accident or chance ? There is hundreds of thousands of nerve endings in the human spine which cannot be seen with the human eye that operate each individual part of you whole body, relaying messages from the body to the brain which each have a specific function and task. Once severed in the case of becoming a quadriplegic for instance, they can never ever be put back together again. How could this possibly evolve? People are just plain ignorant if they don't understand how complex the human body is.... Explain to me if evolution occurs over millions of years how a caterpillar turns into a butterfly in a matter of weeks completely from one animal to another, which evolutionists are adamant that should take millions of years? I think God used this example to show just how nuts the theory of evolution really is. lol !

If you want to believe that a banana can change into a dog over millions of years, which is essentially what an Evolutionist believes as everything on the Earth supposedly came initially from Cosmic Soup or a Rock, well you can believe that, but i personally think its nuts...
    Last edited by wian; Apr 17, 2012 at 06:34.