Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: We Got Trouble

  1. #1
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default We Got Trouble

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    SMH this cant happen this might set us back some

  2. #2
    Superstar WrongIslander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    579
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Rondo in Charlotte? I don't see it.

    I suppose stranger things have happened.

  3. #3
    Superstar Sage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    782
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    There's every chance our division rivals are trying to bait NY into making a trade and giving up pieces, a little bit like the Nets did last year.

    If we don't get him through FA, we don't get him.

  4. #4
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Originally Posted by Sage
    There's every chance our division rivals are trying to bait NY into making a trade and giving up pieces, a little bit like the Nets did last year.

    If we don't get him through FA, we don't get him.
    That's right! Thank Melo for that one.

    This is the first of multiple trade offers/scenarios that eclipses anything everything the Knicks could possibly offer for Paul.

    Isn't it obvious?

  5. #5
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Only problem is he doesnt want to go to Boston.

  6. #6
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    The scariest thing about this is this could be a move to put the Celtics in play for Dwight since they will have the cap room with Ray and KG coming off the books this year. Paul, Pierce, Dwight would be a tough group to beat.

    if it happens the plan shouldn't change in regards to cap space. The only difference is the Knicks will probably use the MLE this year on a player since they wont have to hold it seeking a max next year. Also I doubt the knicks ever use the amnesty on Balkman and simply hold onto him until he is traded or they can just let him go. Since they will want that if Amare or Melo ever become injured


    Anyhow Instead of using the room from Billups contract for space on Cp3 we use it on a players like Hibberts, Kevin Love, or Mcgee (and possibly De'andre Jordan if he doesn't sign). That along with the MLE from next will be a good team to bang with the heat, bulls, and celtics.

  7. #7
    Veteran Clyde & The Pearl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,463
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This article goes into a bit more detail. The thing that I find interesting is CP3 said Right now I'm in NY for Melo...

  8. #8
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Clyde & The Pearl
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    This article goes into a bit more detail. The thing that I find interesting is CP3 said Right now I'm in NY for Melo...

    lets make a bet, 100 dollars goes to the poster who lasts the longest with out commenting some nonsensical panic button post about an article containing rumors about chris paul.

  9. #9
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    The scariest thing about this is this could be a move to put the Celtics in play for Dwight since they will have the cap room with Ray and KG coming off the books this year. Paul, Pierce, Dwight would be a tough group to beat.

    if it happens the plan shouldn't change in regards to cap space. The only difference is the Knicks will probably use the MLE this year on a player since they wont have to hold it seeking a max next year. Also I doubt the knicks ever use the amnesty on Balkman and simply hold onto him until he is traded or they can just let him go. Since they will want that if Amare or Melo ever become injured


    Anyhow Instead of using the room from Billups contract for space on Cp3 we use it on a players like Hibberts, Kevin Love, or Mcgee (and possibly De'andre Jordan if he doesn't sign). That along with the MLE from next will be a good team to bang with the heat, bulls, and celtics.
    Pierce is still nice but that would be one of the GOAT trio's ever still at this point. Id take that over Lebron, Wade and Bosh. But CP3, Melo, and Amare would be even better at this point. Theres a good chance Pierce could be slower this year, he did just turn 34 in October.

  10. #10
    Veteran DontForgetDerekHarper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,263
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Pierce is still nice but that would be one of the GOAT trio's ever still at this point. Id take that over Lebron, Wade and Bosh. But CP3, Melo, and Amare would be even better at this point. Theres a good chance Pierce could be slower this year, he did just turn 34 in October.

    come on man

    every one has to know garnett was falling to pieces last year

    rondo was injured all year long with his elbow

    pierce cant produce like he did

    they have no center

    their bench is god awful

    jeff green is a never was

    and glen davis is a fraud.

    why would chris paul lock himself up with an aging franchise when he can have the world in his palm in NY.

    this isnt lebron playing with his buddies

    all of pauls buddies are on the knicks.

    NO CHANCE>

  11. #11
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,012
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    LOL This isn't happening. Come on, they can get better guards in return than Rondo.

  12. #12
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    come on man

    every one has to know garnett was falling to pieces last year

    rondo was injured all year long with his elbow

    pierce cant produce like he did

    they have no center

    their bench is god awful

    jeff green is a never was

    and glen davis is a fraud.

    why would chris paul lock himself up with an aging franchise when he can have the world in his palm in NY.

    this isnt lebron playing with his buddies

    all of pauls buddies are on the knicks.

    NO CHANCE>
    Well i never said that trio would last more then a year, and in the post i quoted i bolded Pierce, Dwight, and CP3. Garnett wasnt quite washed up yet last year either but he will probably be this year. 14 and 9 last year is still contributing, plus his defense. And as much as i hate it there were times where Pierce took Melo to school. Hes also taken Lebron to school, he wasnt a problem at all last year for the Celtics but he might have slowed down since then like i acknowledged, he is 34.

    Both Dwight and CP3 would probably leave after one year. I cant see them getting Chris paul, Dwight is a little more likely. If i was the gm of either one of those teams (Magic or Hornets) I would trade them before deadline for the best package offered like the Jazz did with D-will. I wouldnt trade a player to the team of their preference unless they had the best package to offer (no homo). And the Celtics, if they're smart they shouldnt hesitate to move their expiring contracts (KG and allen) for over payed but short term role players and draft picks.

  13. #13
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    653
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    C'mon son. You don't get that in Boston CP3.

    Secondly his Jordan brand would sky rocket in NY. Boston is a great sports town and market but it has no swag whatsoever.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,270
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Isn't the Hornets runned by the NBA? I doubt Stern will trade Paul because it goes against everything they stood for in the lockout. FA is the only way I see CP3 leaving the Hornets. If a trade is involved it will probably be A Rondo and Pual deal because both are talented and can help out a struggling franchise. But still, I doubt a trade of someone this valuable on a struggling team will happen, especially when "Stern" has a big part to play in it...

  15. #15
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    Isn't the Hornets runned by the NBA? I doubt Stern will trade Paul because it goes against everything they stood for in the lockout. FA is the only way I see CP3 leaving the Hornets. If a trade is involved it will probably be A Rondo and Pual deal because both are talented and can help out a struggling franchise. But still, I doubt a trade of someone this valuable on a struggling team will happen, especially when "Stern" has a big part to play in it...
    I dont think Chris Paul will make us a championsip team if we dont fill up that hole in the middle with a good rebounder/defender.

    I think getting Tyson Chandler and Jrich on this team with a scrub like Delonte West would give us a title this year!!!

Similar Threads

  1. Eddy Curry in trouble, again
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Aug 01, 2010, 00:35
  2. Nets & Heat in SERIOUS Trouble
    By flknickfan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jul 02, 2010, 22:52
  3. Religulous
    By LJ4ptplay in forum Hangout
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Nov 10, 2008, 14:10
  4. Jerome 'burger-king' James in big trouble
    By paris401 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Apr 11, 2007, 15:19
  5. cleveland in trouble
    By kriss childs in forum NBA
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Apr 05, 2004, 13:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •