Melo Stood To LOse $5.8M If He Signed As A FA

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
BUMP.

Luckily for Melo, we didn't trade for him to win games.

Have we seen what we need out of this guy from mental standpoint?

Anyone checked in on how well Gallo's doing?

Oooooooooh. I can't wait for someone to start abusing me.

Wargames

Starter
?You can?t compare our team to Denver?s team,? Anthony said. ?They got five starters from that trade. Denver?s a hell of a team. They?re one of the deeper teams in the NBA right now.

FML & FTW :barf:

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;197426 said:
BUMP.

Luckily for Melo, we didn't trade for him to win games.

Have we seen what we need out of this guy from mental standpoint?

Anyone checked in on how well Gallo's doing?

Oooooooooh. I can't wait for someone to start abusing me.

It's an interesting dichotomy:

Gallo to Melo

Lee to Amare

Again, though, I can't really fault Melo, so much as Dolan.

Melo didn't play the poker match that poorly; Dolan, however, played it like a bloated donkey who couldn't wait to shit his bed.

Dolan playing right into DEN like a rote sucker, is what has left us with this aftermath, which makes Melo look like the guy who punched us in the balls.

Think of it like Melo pulling a rubber band in one direction....DEN pulling it in the other....and then us, deciding to where to cut the rubber band, and decide which direction, and with what velocity the band snaps in....

At the end of the day, this was always, ultimately, about DEN and us. You're a billion dollar franchise, you negotiate like a mensch and like you deserve a billion dollar NY franchise. You don't rely upon a ****ing player to do your job for you.

Melo did more than enough, IMHO. Yes, it would be *great* if a player acted with true intelligence and business resolve...but cmon, that just can't be expected, and it's really not necessary if you aren't run by a complete fool and cocksmoker.

And nobody saw Dolan's meddling coming, not Melo..or Walsh.

petescud

Starter
Funny thing was all i heard leading to this trade was we had denver by the balls as Melo wanted NY... I think they had it backwards. I miss the old team. I like Melo, but i liked our old team better. I like players that don't make buku bucks (hey i live in tampa now...lol) and give 100% every night

CA7

Scoring Champ
I blame Dolan

1. He traded like 3 days before the deadline, he should of waited

2. He didn't realize what Jersey was doing they never had their eyes on Melo they just wanted to drive the price up for New York

3. He becoming to Al Davis and Jerry Jones like he needs to let his management do what he hires them to do

Anyway I see why you guys are blaming Melo even though none of this is his fault, D'Antoni can't coach him thats pretty much it. He's the type that thrives with a team full of role players who cant get their own and rely on each other. You guys cant tell me that as much as you talk about basketball you couldn't take this Knicks team the way they are constructed and make it work.

D'Antoni is a 1 trick pony and got lucky Steve Nash carried his ass

iSaYughh

Starter
Don't mean this as a dig, either...to anyone....

But the same way almost nobody else saw, supported, and vehemently articulated Gallo's worth as much as Rono and I from the beginning to the very end...even during the period where he looked the worst and his worst was blamed on MDA.....

And given how tethered the people who didn't believe in Gallo, are the same ones (largely) who have been most against MDA from the very beginning...

And given how as recent as *last season*, the people most ardent against MDA....were proven *WRONG* in their beliefs of how well he could coach our team, and the success we could have *last year*, with real metrics of success/fail (and that it's on record on this forum)....

(and something 8's said, which is SO true...which is: reality and what actually happens, trumps what you may or may not like about a coach or his style)

Perhaps judging MDA as such a tremendous fail upon this short season, with a new roster, and the worst back court in the NBA...is a bit....reactionary and hyperbolic?

Because, this early season is really the only time you can look at our performance...say it underwhelms where we should be...and tether it to MDA as a coach.

Otherwise, you're looking at a Coach of the Year who has perpeturally exceeded expectations, coached rookies to all-stars, made OK players all-stars, and all-stars HOF'ers and MVPs.

Again, removing our opinions and perceptions of style and what "should be", and looking just at what is, and what has been.

:2cents:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Look what we gave this punk for such little return ALL SEASON.

Sound off KO.com.

WTF is wrong with this multi millionaire of ours?

iSaYughh

Starter
Crazy⑧s;215487 said:

Sound off KO.com.

Look dude, Melo just isn't cool with the NY scrutiny; his game is getting funked by us fickle fans, and putting too much heat on the guy to let his natural excellence flourish; plus, the guy just doesn't like playing for D'antoni or playing alongside Amare.

.....which is why he held multiple NBA franchises in limbo to fight like retarded cocks in a fight to force his way to NYC at any expense.

:couto:

The only one who feels worse and more aggrieved right than Melo is Dolan -- after all, the success of Lin came too late for him to package him and make him a Nugget!

TakMan

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;215487 said:

Sound off KO.com.

Much as I like all these debates and disagreements, I've gotta say that -money aside- I think people have been way too quick to point the finger, particularly for 'I told you so' purposes. We all witnessed it with that shitty thread comparing Stoudamire to a human pile of garbage. Obviously he's not, and it's obvious that Anthony is still a much better player than Gallinari, playing for a team without an identity. Seriously how many of the players we gave Denver still play a part in their setup? Chandler isn't; Felton isn't and he aint doing much more in Portland either. Mozgov is just a useful role player but nothing special. Gallinari has done well but he's entered a core that's co-existed for some time. Afflalo, Andersen, Harrington, Nene, Lawson, all make up a core of players who have had time to bond and develop chemistry. Look at the Knicks roster. Chandler, Lin, Davis, Smith, Novak, Harrelson, Shumpert, even Anthony are new additions. Ultimately it's Fields and Stoudamire who were on the team at the start of last season, and even they were only starting their Knicks career. Anthony's been absolute shit thus far this season; but we can't really be comparing this Knicks team to Denver. If the Knicks maintain their roster next season, the only mention Gallinari will be getting in these forums, will be in a 'remember the bad old days' thread. I understand people's frustrations with this team, but the biggest mistake to be made is to attempt to rip this setup apart. Let's have some f*cking roster consistency for a change. All winning teams have that in common. As far as the Knicks go, they have the best roster in the NBA hands down. Give them the required time to show it.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Much as I like all these debates and disagreements, I've gotta say that -money aside- I think people have been way too quick to point the finger, particularly for 'I told you so' purposes. We all witnessed it with that shitty thread comparing Stoudamire to a human pile of garbage. Obviously he's not, and it's obvious that Anthony is still a much better player than Gallinari, playing for a team without an identity. Seriously how many of the players we gave Denver still play a part in their setup? Chandler isn't; Felton isn't and he aint doing much more in Portland either. Mozgov is just a useful role player but nothing special. Gallinari has done well but he's entered a core that's co-existed for some time. Afflalo, Andersen, Harrington, Nene, Lawson, all make up a core of players who have had time to bond and develop chemistry. Look at the Knicks roster. Chandler, Lin, Davis, Smith, Novak, Harrelson, Shumpert, even Anthony are new additions. Ultimately it's Fields and Stoudamire who were on the team at the start of last season, and even they were only starting their Knicks career. Anthony's been absolute shit thus far this season; but we can't really be comparing this Knicks team to Denver. If the Knicks maintain their roster next season, the only mention Gallinari will be getting in these forums, will be in a 'remember the bad old days' thread. I understand people's frustrations with this team, but the biggest mistake to be made is to attempt to rip this setup apart. Let's have some f*cking roster consistency for a change. All winning teams have that in common. As far as the Knicks go, they have the best roster in the NBA hands down. Give them the required time to show it.
Agree with everything you said except the part about having the best roster "hands down".

If that's the case then its obvious who should go right?