Paul Won't Extend Asks to Be traded to Knicks!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Oh I hope this is true and we can put together a package to get him! As much as I like Fields and Iman I think they are gonners if we are to get CP3.

Chris Paul's agent has told the New Orleans Hornets that Paul will not sign a contract extension and wants to be traded to the New York Knicks, according to league sources, Yahoo! Sports reported.

Paul
But Hornets general manager Dell Demps, who has heard several trade overtures for the All-Star point guard, wants to meet with Paul and hear that from him, once lockout-related restrictions on front office contact with players are lifted, according to the report.

For his part, Paul, working out with his current teammates on Thursday, said his focus is with the Hornets. Thursday was the first day NBA players were permitted to use team facilities for voluntary workouts since an agreement was reached to end the lockout.

"I've got to be the happiest person in the world right now just to be back in the gym, getting a chance to work out with a couple of my teammates," Paul said.

Paul, who has been the object of rampant trade talk because he can opt out of his contract after this season, joined Trevor Ariza and Quincy Pondexter at the team's suburban training center. They were working out with Paul's personal trainer because they cannot work with team staff until the new labor agreement is ratified.

"I don't think about it, to tell you the truth," Paul said of the trade rumors. "I'm just ready to get out here and compete and hoop. This is what I do. I love it.

"I have a very tight circle and they know this whole lockout thing's been driving me nuts, so I'm just happy to get out on the court and compete. This is the way that I express myself, by playing basketball, so I can't wait to get out there."

New Orleans has only five players under contract. Emeka Okafor and Jarrett Jack have not arrived yet.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7...w-york-knicks-sign-extension-according-report

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Dwil and D. Howard might force CP3 into putting pressure on NO to trade him now or risk us snatching one of them up instead. I smell a big 3 in NYC!!!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Well as long as Anthony/Stoudemire/Shumpert/Jordan stay I'm fine add Paul to that and thats a legit starting 5

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Shumpert is not a 2, he is a 1.
Knicks picked him up to groom him as a 1, not as a 2.
While they may play him at the 2 sometimes (as like other guards), he is meant to be a 1.

Wait and see how Fields has developed. Cause he might be all that's left LOL.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Billups, Carter, Williams, Balkman and Turiaf can be traded if it is up to me + I could trade Brown, but I'm convinced Walsh didn't draft Fields, Rautins, Shumpert, Harrellson and Jordan for no reason. I think he believed at least some of these guys could raise to very valuable players and therefore I wouldn't so easily trade them. But, if any of them will be traded to New Orleans, than bring at least young Ewing back!

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
it would be great to get paul and all but im still worried about whatever cap space were left with...miami's big three signed for less money and left enough cap space to get ok players and if wasnt enough for them...they were still weak at center and point guard. from what i read we would have to drop everyone to pick up paul... what do we do with the center position? what about the 2? call me crazy, stupid or whatever but id rather the knicks sign good role players around melo and stat instead of signing paul and being shitty at the 2 or center...building a strong team around two star players instead of having three star players and crap makes more sense to me.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
it would be great to get paul and all but im still worried about whatever cap space were left with...miami's big three signed for less money and left enough cap space to get ok players and if wasnt enough for them...they were still weak at center and point guard. from what i read we would have to drop everyone to pick up paul... what do we do with the center position? what about the 2? call me crazy, stupid or whatever but id rather the knicks sign good role players around melo and stat instead of signing paul and being shitty at the 2 or center...building a strong team around two star players instead of having three star players and crap makes more sense to me.

Our big 3 would be better than Miami's and has more synergy...CP3 will turn STAT into an absolute monster and Melo is just, well Melo!

Get the big 3 now and fill spots over the next few years. Theses guys are all young so we have time to piece together role players who Im sure will love to come to NYC to play with our squad.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
I just read this, and had the same phenomenon occur in the sub-waist area similar to the time I met Meghan Markle. (look her up if you must)

No homo by the way, but I definitely had a

slick-2-o.gif

moment.

PG: Chris Paul
SG:
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: Amare Stoudemire
C:

That big three gels together much better than LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. I would make my number one target Anthony Parker who was a big part of those teams with LeBron. He also plays great defense and is the perfect compliment for a team such as this. I would also go after players like Grant Hill, Kurt Thomas, and most importantly Michael Redd at the veterans minimum. If healthy, Redd would be a lethal asset off our bench. I think this team could compete for a title this year and with another year to get a Center, they will def be good enough next year.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah that would be a great squad.

While a big part of me wants D12 on this team, I also just jizzed at the idea of a CP3-Amar'e Pick and Roll

This might be a dumb question, but would really appreciate feedback. I am not sure how it works. Can the Knicks do the following under the new CBA.

Trade Fields, Shumpert, Billups, Douglas, Turiaf, and First Round Pick for Paul.

Then use the full MLE on DeAndre Jordan? Then maybe sign Parker for veteran minimum. Can you imagine a team of

SG: Anthony Parker
C: DeAndre Jordan

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
This might be a dumb question, but would really appreciate feedback. I am not sure how it works. Can the Knicks do the following under the new CBA.

Trade Fields, Shumpert, Billups, Douglas, Turiaf, and First Round Pick for Paul.

Then use the full MLE on DeAndre Jordan? Then maybe sign Parker for veteran minimum. Can you imagine a team of

SG: Anthony Parker
C: DeAndre Jordan

Yes, but DeAndre Jordan will likely get MUCH more than the MLE.

All we need now is for New Orleans to cave and accept our offer. They may end up saying "We don't like the Knicks pieces" and just force Paul to take $20~ less in the offseason.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You can put me and my grandmother at the 2 and 5 and we'd get a plethora of open shots with those three together. We might not make many, but we'd get looks lol..

Between Paul putting constant pressure on the D, Melo's unguardability and Amare just being Amare teams wouldn't know where to start.

And don't be jackin my words Trill. I've been talking up the "synergy" those three would have for a minute now.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Music to your ears.

I vote, keep Shump over 1.6pts per in the playoffs Fields.

NO is gonna want a prospect at the 1 to replace Paul.

And yes I've been waiting for this for a while..

All the regs know where I've stood on CP3 to the Knicks.

He'll be the antithesis of what Marbury's acquisition to this team turned out to be. The kid has a heart of gold and grit not be matched. :peace:

Red

TYPE-A
NO is gonna want a prospect at the 1 to replace Paul.

And yes I've been waiting for this for a while..

All the regs know where I've stood on CP3 to the Knicks.

He'll be the antithesis of what Marbury's acquisition to this team turned out to be. The kid has a heart of gold and grit not be matched. :peace:

You don't think a case that Fields has more value than Shump right now can be made?

Fields led the Pac-10 in scoring and rebounds, avg 22pts which was 8th in the nation

Can play the 2 & 3

Was named to the All-NBA Rookie team

Has one year of NBA experience

And avg. 10-6-2 (pt., reb., ast) while shooting almost 40% from 3

Right now Landry should have more value than Shump.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
You don't think a case that Fields has more value than Shump right now can be made?

Fields led the Pac-10 in scoring and rebounds, avg 22pts which was 8th in the nation

Can play the 2 & 3

Was named to the All-NBA Rookie team

Has one year of NBA experience

And avg. 10-6-2 (pt., reb., ast) while shooting almost 40% from 3

Right now Landry should have more value than Shump.

I don't see how this is even debatable other than people have short memories and shorter loyalties. Fields choked in his first playoffs and towards the end of the season, before that he was looking like the 2 we've been crying out for and once again at this moment if we do get our superstar we're going to lose my favourite Knicks player that isn't on a mega wage.

Wargames

Starter
Yes, but DeAndre Jordan will likely get MUCH more than the MLE.

All we need now is for New Orleans to cave and accept our offer. They may end up saying "We don't like the Knicks pieces" and just force Paul to take $20~ less in the offseason.

That is whats gonna be their plan. Refuse to trade him until the very last minute with the hope that he would get scared and accept to extend with the celtics or the clippers.

The knicks should offer a combination of Billups, TD, and Turiaf so when its done the Hornets save 18 million going into 2012 that would allow them to get a max player. If they gut us (and knowing the knicks they will) then this turns ugly. In return they could dump the Ariza contract which is 3 years but would give the knick's another Defensive player to use in defensive situations. The beauty of this deal compared to Melo is if he officially asks for the Knicks meaning the Hornets can't rape us for extra players like the nuggets who basically did that so they could hurt the knicks going forward into the season.

Knicks line up

CP3
Fields/
Melo/
Amare/
K. Brown/

to summarize

then off the bench D could be

Williams
Shumpert
Ariza
Jorts
and Jordan

Then in 2012 use the 2.5 MLE on W Chandler (whose gonna be underpriced due to his whole china excursion) and draft another big.

The beauty of that is the knicks wouldn't be a luxury team until 2013 which would give them time to win a few championships and then renogotiate with the 2 of the star players to improve the team as a whole while avoiding the extra fee's of being in the luxury tax for more than 4 years.