Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011

Thread: 13 Days And Counting..........Knicks @ Nets December 17 2:00pm - Preseason G1

Does anyone have a link on the replay?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

If you'd prefer HD quality, tomorrow there should be a torrent available on Davka.

Thanks dude!

Question Mark

Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    Fields sucks ass folks!

This guy looks like at 15th DNP man out there....roster filler nothing more.

Our backcourt is complete trash apart from Shumpert and maybe Bibby.

We need two new guards before the season starts or we're screwed....

1 preseason game, dude. A game in which Taz Balkman leads all scorers and Brooke Lopez gets more than 5 boards.

Calm.

Shumpert looked amazing. He is FAST, too. He brought passing, team defense, shot creating skills and patience. He was touted as a very confident individual before he got out there, after that, he's coming in to this season friggin' beaming!

I must say, Douglas looked a little lost. I think he's feeling the pressure. Next game he'll be more determined and in the flow.

It was real cool finally seeing the Knicks again. Oh how I longed for some ball(pause).

Was really impressed by the Shumpshots and Shumpers Shump was draining. Dude looks real nice on D too. All in all, It's back fellaz!!! Im ready for Xmas

Is the capture from MSG or YES?

MSG

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s

1 preseason game, dude. A game in which Taz Balkman leads all scorers and Brooke Lopez gets more than 5 boards.

Calm.

Shumpert looked amazing. He is FAST, too. He brought passing, team defense, shot creating skills and patience. He was touted as a very confident individual before he got out there, after that, he's coming in to this season friggin' beaming!

I must say, Douglas looked a little lost. I think he's feeling the pressure. Next game he'll be more determined and in the flow.
    Maybe he looked a bit lost, but all in all we had very few turnovers. I only finished watching the game a few minutes ago and my impression is that he didn't do anything spectacular but all in all he was solid.

Also I cannot say that Fields was that bad. He does what he does: he rebounded well, was solid on defense and he put the ball into the open man's hand. He is going to hit his threes sooner or later. Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water on two humble role players who are willing to do whatever it takes to make this whole thing work.
    Although I agree with you guys that Shumpert's skill-set looked impressive, I have to say that he shot too much for a rookie in his first pre-season game, especially since some of his shots were ill-advised.
    Melo's passing game looked better than I expected. I didn't like the STAT interview. Shooting the ball more from the perimeter is not such a hot idea. I can see his point, but Breen is absolutely right: he will have a hand in his face more often now that he is playing the four.

Default Balkmania

this game was a showcase for Balkmania coming off the bench BEFORE Girafferies.
    the Tazmanian Devil did it all, everything you want from a 3/4 bench player.
    offensive rebounds, scoring in the paint, energizer! (and +8 on the +/-)

the Shumpanzee was one cool cookie, playing NBA ready. 16 points, +14 (+/-).
    well-deserving of 6th man role, or even starting 2 if Laundry doesn't show up.

Jorts deserves to be in rotation, his 3 was major, and he didn't seem as lost as the Giraffe,
    although neckface had a +13 (+/-) in 17 minutes.

I would've liked to have seen Jerome Jordan get on the court, but whattya expect first p-season game?

I like what Chandler is bringing to the Knicks in the form of communication and team spirit,
    the 2-hour training camp special was interesting. however, STAT remains this team's captain,
    and it's hard to say anything after 1 week of camp and 1 game, so much gellin' to do.

I like Wood-son's coaching presence moreso than Antoni's non-playmaking persona already.
    doesn't seem to be a yes-man like the other greaser-geezers.

very disappointing first game for Toney D, does NOT look PG ready.
    The Bib may very well earn starting PG, if he starts hitting some 3's.

oh look, Red Baron the Hernia King is now a Knick. let's see if he actually plays a game this season,
    or just another bust.

Just a pre-season game folks, but it was great to see NYK basketball again.

Originally Posted by pat
    I didn't like the STAT interview. Shooting the ball more from the perimeter is not such a hot idea. I can see his point, but Breen is absolutely right: he will have a hand in his face more often now that he is playing the four.
    Agreed, and what Clyde said was also true about him not changing his game to be more perimeter oriented but rather augment his game and just use it when needed. Hopefully Dantoni realizes this. If not, i'm sure Woodson will.

The guys Stat goes up against form now on will be better equipped to guard him. No more using his quick first step against slower centers. This is why I beg and plead for this dude to develop a back to the basket game. He likes to look like Melo on the perimeter but we don't need that from him too often.

Veteran

Seriously when STAT said he was a "stretch 4" I felt a cringe. We didn't bring Amar'e Stoudemire into Madison Square Garden to play on the perimeter. I hope Mike Woodson addresses that - should be OK, since Woodson has a pretty good track record given that he has guys like Al Horford and Josh Smith on his resume.