Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: It's that time again

  1. #1
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default It's that time again

    Allen Iverson

  2. #2
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Don't worry, no 1 star jokes

    But I dont like AI on this team, i wish him good luck on another team

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,965
    Rep Power
    18

    Unhappy For real....here we go again

    Here we go again....another season without a starting center.
    We been in need of a starting center/SG, and all our front office priorities
    has been focus on were adding superstar players at positions we already
    had star role-players at (PF, SF, PG). Never focusing on the Center/SG spot.
    In 2004 & 2005 we gambled big time on taking the Chicago Bulls starting
    Center & SG (Curry & Crawford), those two dices kept crapping-out on us,
    and our front-office did nothing to replace these two crap-out dice.
    There have to be Basketball Gods that had pity on the Knicks.... b/c we
    lucked-up bigtime in the 2010 2nd round draft in selecting a 6.7 PF-Landry
    Fields who we did not know also had SG skills (Big Thanks to the Basketball
    Gods!). We also selected (paid for) a 7.0 center Jerome Jordan in that draft
    who was the perfect piece to train with Fiba Mozgov in practice, but we sent
    Jerome Jordan overseas to save-face so we could sign our first selection in
    the 2010 draft Syracuse (BUSTER) Rautins.

    Now we have 3-super-stars in our starting lineup at PG/SF/PF....with
    the use of a full MLE to sign a starting center FA to a 4 year contract.
    Why are we focus on given just a one year contract?
    Why are we focus on adding another max contract next season?
    Why are'nt we focus on building a system with the right tools in a starting
    lineup this season?
    I always thought the MLE were specifically for the missing-pieces on a team.

    The Knicks stand-in GM Grunwald going full speed toward signing one of the
    top-five FA centers with a 4 to 5 year deal of the MLE would give the Knicks
    a 40+ win season in 66 games, plus Grunwald would earn a 4 year contract
    as the Knicks GM.

  4. #4
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Here we go again....another season without a starting center.
    We been in need of a starting center/SG, and all our front office priorities
    has been focus on were adding superstar players at positions we already
    had star role-players at (PF, SF, PG). Never focusing on the Center/SG spot.
    In 2004 & 2005 we gambled big time on taking the Chicago Bulls starting
    Center & SG (Curry & Crawford), those two dices kept crapping-out on us,
    and our front-office did nothing to replace these two crap-out dice.
    There have to be Basketball Gods that had pity on the Knicks.... b/c we
    lucked-up bigtime in the 2010 2nd round draft in selecting a 6.7 PF-Landry
    Fields who we did not know also had SG skills (Big Thanks to the Basketball
    Gods!). We also selected (paid for) a 7.0 center Jerome Jordan in that draft
    who was the perfect piece to train with Fiba Mozgov in practice, but we sent
    Jerome Jordan overseas to save-face so we could sign our first selection in
    the 2010 draft Syracuse (BUSTER) Rautins.

    Now we have 3-super-stars in our starting lineup at PG/SF/PF....with
    the use of a full MLE to sign a starting center FA to a 4 year contract.
    Why are we focus on given just a one year contract?
    Why are we focus on adding another max contract next season?
    Why are'nt we focus on building a system with the right tools in a starting
    lineup this season?
    I always thought the MLE were specifically for the missing-pieces on a team.

    The Knicks stand-in GM Grunwald going full speed toward signing one of the
    top-five FA centers with a 4 to 5 year deal of the MLE would give the Knicks
    a 40+ win season in 66 games, plus Grunwald would earn a 4 year contract
    as the Knicks GM.
    Obviously, the Knicks are certain (through back channels) that CP3 wants to play here so they have no choice but try and make the neccessary arrangements to get him here. You don't discover that the best PG wants to play for your city and ignore it.

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,965
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Here is something that is very important to the Knicks Franchise....

    What do Billups have to offer the Knicks?
    1) On the court strategic coaching
    2) Co-existence on both sides of the court from all teammates
    3) A strong team-leadership the Knicks lockerroom been missin since 1999.
    4) A developing tutorship to the young backcourt players TD, Fields, Shump.
    5) A real offense/defense "system" with roles for all the Knicks teammates,
    something the Knicks has been missin since the 1999 season.

    Having two seasons of oldman Chauncy Billups player/coach/leadership would
    prepare the Knicks roster to go full speed toward the FINALS.

    I am not knocking Super-Stars CP3, or Melo, or Amare, its just the Knicks been
    in dire need of a player with Billups type of experience to put the Knicks Jig-saw
    puzzle back together.

  6. #6
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    PRACTICE?!?!?

    I'd much rather have Billups here at vets minimum then get AI here....

    All said and done tho we'll have cp3, melo and amar'e. Allen Iverson isn't needed, tho i think he'd be good for a team like the Heat to pick up...

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,965
    Rep Power
    18

    Lightbulb The New Orleans Hornets are for-sell

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Obviously, the Knicks are certain (through back channels) that CP3 wants to play here so they have no choice but try and make the neccessary arrangements to get him here. You don't discover that the best PG wants to play for your city and ignore it.

    Why do so many people keep forgetting CP3 is the Franchise Player
    to help the NBA (Stern) find a buyer for the New Orleans Hornets.
    If the NBA do find a buyer for the Hornets this season it will be on the
    strength of CP3 staying to receive a lucrative contract, plus the new
    owner will go all out to pursue FA D.Howard.

  8. #8
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Eddie Curry?

    I am curious about Eddie Curry. He was supposedly in great shape -- for him -- a couple of months ago. I hope he can hang on with some team. He is apparently a very decent guy but also a comulsive eater.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; Dec 05, 2011 at 16:48. Reason: Typos

  9. #9
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Doo da doo da dooooo

  10. #10
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default



    Stop talking about AI we as the fans need to think bigger....


  11. #11
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames


    Stop talking about AI we as the fans need to think bigger....


    Do you think Melo and Amar'e could work in the triangle?

  12. #12
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Dude, if you'd bring a two times NBA champion with the New York Knicks back to the franchise Amare and Carmelo would be forced to play whatever he wants them to play. That would be epic, Phil and Ewing on the bench and Clyde commentating, I feel some swishing and dishing in my pants...

  13. #13
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    If you think Douglas is better than him now you're crazy.

  14. #14
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,193
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    If you think Douglas is better than him now you're crazy.
    dude AI wouldn't fix the knicks problems with MDA as coach. Hell AI would probably go off on D'antoni for letting roleplayers shoot like thats they're job.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,011
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wargames
    dude AI wouldn't fix the knicks problems with MDA as coach. Hell AI would probably go off on D'antoni for letting roleplayers shoot like thats they're job.
    I would love that.

Similar Threads

  1. Explaining Evolution And Why GOD is NOT LIKELY
    By KnicksFan4Realz in forum Hangout
    Replies: 296
    Last Post: Jan 23, 2013, 16:16
  2. Top 5 Favorite Movies Of All Time
    By Giants89FLY in forum Hangout
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Aug 26, 2012, 23:08
  3. what does the bible really teach?
    By Knicks4lyfe in forum Hangout
    Replies: 302
    Last Post: Apr 12, 2011, 02:32
  4. Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2010, 21:10
  5. Favorite Time of Year
    By Ewing33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 03, 2006, 19:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •