Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the Amare from last year?

Nyk Logo Where's the Amare from last year?

It has been reported by Alan Hahn that Amare won't be at the MSG training center until Wednesday or Thursday. Melo has been there since the doors opened last week and TD and some of the other guys are there today. This is probably no big deal to most of you but I feel like the season has already been cut short and there isn't much time for training camp so if you're a leader then you should be there day 1.

Once again this is my personal opinion but I think this is a slack move on Amare. Lead by example. You should have been working weeks ago, so now that things are back in order you should be at the practice facility working with your team from day 1 no matter who else is there.

Superstar

Good points..I feel ya, he prob should've been here by now...Looks like he's committed to finishing his workout program in FLA. I wonder if it has anything to do with Melo & Chauncey refusing to join up with him in Florida, wanting instead to have the team unite in NY. Who knows man...Maybe some guys blew off his birthday party at that new seafood place a week or so ago and he's pissed..I know Iman was there, he wrote about it in his blog. LOL.

In my opinion Amare thought that it doesn't make sense to move back to NY to have several workout sessions with Anthony's or Billups' personal coach. STAT is finishing his mini training camp with Thomas in Florida and I understand he's willing to show up at the Knicks facility when our coaching staff becomes available...

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    It has been reported by Alan Hahn that Amare won't be at the MSG training center until Wednesday or Thursday. Melo has been there since the doors opened last week and TD and some of the other guys are there today. This is probably no big deal to most of you but I feel like the season has already been cut short and there isn't much time for training camp so if you're a leader then you should be there day 1.

Once again this is my personal opinion but I think this is a slack move on Amare. Lead by example. You should have been working weeks ago, so now that things are back in order you should be at the practice facility working with your team from day 1 no matter who else is there.
    Yet guys dont want Melo and say he's selfish........man that boy is ready I know Melo's game better than anybody I cant wait til Christmas

Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    In my opinion Amare thought that it doesn't make sense to move back to NY to have several workout sessions with Anthony's or Billups' personal coach. STAT is finishing his mini training camp with Thomas in Florida and I understand he's willing to show up at the Knicks facility when our coaching staff becomes available...
    This doesn't make sense. He was "talking" about having a mini training camp for months. Now that the TEAM facility is open, he continues to work away on his own? Things have already been delayed so why not kick things into gear as soon as you possibly could? Finishing your own personal training away from your team is not showing leadership qualities.

For the record, I know Amare has been working out and getting in top physical shape. This is not meant to bash him but I just want him to care like he did when he signed his contract last season.

I think Amar'e had put in a game plan to workout and is executing it. messing with it would probably set him back some. I was glad to hear he was working out and inviting knicks to join him there, before anyone else on the team was even into it.

I gotta say tho, Melo seemed to really put in some extra work this off season. He's looking lean and mean this year. I expect big things from him.

I'm not worried about Amar'es Leadership qualities at all. The guy proved he had the heart last year and i'm sure he'll be back doing his thing this year.

Amare asked every teammate to join his workout camp in Florida before it was known the lockout is nearing its end. It seems the only Knicks fellows that joined him there were Iman Shumpert and Shawne Williams.
    I'm not asking you where the other Knicks have been or who's been working harder during the lockout, I just understand Amare has been in a training mode for several weeks now and we should let him finish his schedule.

Stoudemire, who has a house in Fort Lauderdale, has spent most of the summer training at FIU and spending time with Thomas, the former Knicks president and coach. Stoudemire even began attending classes with FIU players and has recently assumed the nickname “Renaissance Man.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Amare asked every teammate to join his workout camp in Florida before it was known the lockout is nearing its end. It seems the only Knicks fellows that joined him there were Iman Shumpert and Shawne Williams.
    I'm not asking you where the other Knicks have been or who's been working harder during the lockout, I just understand Amare has been in a training mode for several weeks now and we should let him finish his schedule.

Stoudemire, who has a house in Fort Lauderdale, has spent most of the summer training at FIU and spending time with Thomas, the former Knicks president and coach. Stoudemire even began attending classes with FIU players and has recently assumed the nickname “Renaissance Man.”

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I hear you but lets be real, Amare has not spent MOST of the summer training at FIU. Just check his twitter for all the celebrity events he's done all summer (mostly in the NYC area). I believe within the last few weeks he's stepped it up with the training. No issue, just sayin'.

I don't know, as far as I remember most of his celebrity activities (talk-shows appearances, fashion events or commercial shootings) took place especially in September and October, so it is possible that he spent most of the summer in Florida...

Superstar

Im not worried about it. This was an unusually summer. Long break between seasons and his back injury. He probably had a schedule and wanted to stick with it as much as possible. He is very disciplined in his workouts. He looks bigger in my opinion. Im not worried.

Melo just tweeted: @Amareisreal Where u at. Lets Go!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought it was ironic.

Amare tweeted: Weakness is pain leaving the body. #workoutcomplete Section 80. High Power.

Amare tweeted: Weakness is pain leaving the body. #workoutcomplete Section 80. High Power.
    That can be tweeted from a halal food stand man lol. Plus he got the quote wrong lol. It's "Pain is weakess leaving the body"

Can't wait to see my guys back on the court though. This waiting period sucks ass.

Dude amare has been doing two a day work outs for the last 2 to 3 weeks in miami and his back looks 100 percent.

too much of a microscope right now with the lock out, that most are over reacting, meanwhile we forget last year amare was working out hard in phoenix before training camp opened, and no one had an issue about it.

these players work out all over the country, just because he isnt in new york doesnt mean he isnt preparing

and Amare did try to push his training camp with his players

but chauncy billups and carmelo nixed the idea stating that there wasnt enough time to get every one to travel to a certain location, being that they were taking care of their personal stuff before the official training camp opens.

follow allan hahn on twitter hes an amazing source of info.