Source: Chris Paul will not be a Hornet by the end of the weekend

smokes

Huge Member
My guess is he'll be a Laker or a Celtic prossibly..

Doubt he'll be a Celtic. Reportedly NO are not too interested in Rondo so they would need to get a third team involved. Could be GSW/LAL/LAC my money is on the Warriors and quite honestly it makes me sad to think that we could have had an even better team than the Warriors are going to have next week.

Paul1355

All Star
Looks like Clippers or Warriors

He wanted California as his 2nd option, he will get it.

We have to hope that next free agency has Paul and Howard on the market. Odds are that the two guys will be resigning with their teams.

I expect Shumpert to be really good, as long as he has some court vision he can be our PG for the future. All we really need is a big man. And we will have plenty of money to sign one.

As Knick fans, we should not worry.

We can hope that Paul and Howard will be free agents, but if they are not, whatever we can build around Amare and Melo with good talent.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I'd rather play Shumpert at #2 having Douglas #1 or Iman and Toney sharing time at #1 and Fields playing #2 (actually I'd love to see Ruatins getting some minutes at shooting guard, this guy was amazing in his college prime time, but he never really gets the chance in New York).

Paul1355

All Star
I'd rather play Shumpert at #2 having Douglas #1 or Iman and Toney sharing time at #1 and Fields playing #2 (actually I'd love to see Ruatins getting some minutes at shooting guard, this guy was amazing in his college prime time, but he never really gets the chance in New York).

didnt the playoffs prove to you that Toney Douglas can't play PG?
He has no court vision and jacks up more three point shots than most Point guards in the league. Toney has had great games with his shooting, but he is a small shooting guard, not a PG

Hopefully Shumpert shows he has better court vision.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Douglas is more of a combo guard who is forced to play at #1 and that's why I always thought he's stuck at this position, but as you mentioned we could move Toney at #2 and Shump at #1, because this is actually the reason why we drafted him, to be a backup point guard.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Impossible, but if that happens and we still can keep some of our young guys I will say someone within the franchise is a miracle-monger.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Maybe we still have a shot?

"Stephen Curry woke up Wednesday morning to a flurry of text messages from friends and family back home wondering about the trade talk surrounding the Golden State Warriors point guard.
"Seven text messages saying `Hornets, question mark,"' Curry said, chuckling.
With the latest round of NBA chatter surrounding the point guard, Curry said that he has been told by Warriors general manager Larry Riley and new coach Mark Jackson that he is "safe and secure" with the only franchise he has ever known.
At least for now.
The latest buzz with Curry involves New Orleans guard Chris Paul, who holds a player option for next season but has been reluctant to sign an extension with the Hornets and could opt for free agency in the summer if he's not traded. The Warriors have refused to part ways with Curry in any such deal because of his favorable contract and upside, and there's a more pressing need for an experienced center.
Nothing short of a blockbuster deal that nets the franchise considerable return will likely change that mindset.
"They want me here," Curry said. "Obviously, there's the business of basketball and there are things that may happen with a GM having to make a decision for the best interest of the team. When you have a guy like Chris Paul, who is a franchise player, that's something you really have to think about it with anybody on the roster. I understand that. I'm not going to be upset if they entertained that."
New owners Joe Lacob and Peter Guber have promised to make splashy signings and bold moves to revamp a team that has made the playoffs just once since 1994. The brass hired Jackson as a first-time coach, former agent Bob Myers as assistant general manager and respected executive Jerry West as a board member this summer."

Kiyaman

Legend
didnt the playoffs prove to you that Toney Douglas can't play PG?
He has no court vision and jacks up more three point shots than most Point guards in the league. Toney has had great games with his shooting, but he is a small shooting guard, not a PG

Hopefully Shumpert shows he has better court vision.

Both TD & Shump are defensive-PG that need an offensive-system to
work on their passing-skills with teammates. They played a lot of zone,
one on one, and 3-guard offense in college which directed their skills into
NBA combo-guards.

Before Toney Douglas shoulder injury he was eating up every PG with his
relentless defense....now we have Billups on the court leadership Knicks
teammates will start yelling-out all the high/low-screens set for TD when
he pressure the ball. If TD wouldve got a $100 dollars for every screen/pick
he ran into lastseason he wouldve made a fortune.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
If CP3 ends up on another team extending his contract, the Knicks should give a good offer to Deandre Jordan or decent offers to Tyson Chandler or Dalembert. Dwight Howard does not want to be in NY and Deron Williams wants to remain on the Nets. Maybe the Knicks can also try to persuade Marc Gasol to join the Knicks. If Lakers or Clippers get CP3, he will most likely extend his contract.

If CP3 is no longer available, Knicks must act fast.
Option on who to sign: PG and C
NOW
Marc Gasol
DeAndre Jordan
Tyson Chandler
Samuel Dalembert
J.J. Barea

Next Season
JaVale Mcgee
Steve Nash
resign Billups

knicksin60

Starter
If Chris Paul wanted to play for the Knicks he would talk to the NO FO, tell them that he wants to play for no team other than the Knicks and protest a trade to Golden State. Even with Chris Paul the Warriors would be the New Jersey Nets of the Western Conference and miss the playoffs for the next few years.The only team that I wouldn't mind seeing Chris Paul go to are the Lakers because when you win as many championships as they have you deserve to have the best players in the league on your team.