Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58

Thread: Knicks lead pursuit of T. Chandler

  1. #1
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default Knicks lead pursuit of T. Chandler

    Knicks Lead Pursuit Of Tyson Chandler
    Dec 08, 2011 1:06 PM EST


    The Knicks have jumped ahead of the Warriors in pursuing Tyson Chandler, according to sources.

    If New York reaches an agreement with Chandler, they will amnesty Chauncey Billups and then attempt to trade Ronny Turiaf.

    Chandler could receive a four-year deal from the Knicks at $14 million annually.

    Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports (via Twitter)


    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Anyone else seen this? this is incredible news i love it, i would hate the fact that billups would leave but T.Chandler is more of a need at this point. add in Hill to the mix and a veteran PG maybe T.J Ford and were set for a run at this chip-THIS YEAR.

    1.? 6. Fields
    2.Hill 7. Douglas
    3.Melo 8. Shumpert
    4.STAT 9. Jorts
    5.Chandler

    Incredible i hope we land him, but ill miss billups

    sound off

  2. #2
    El Cacique portega1968's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    River Rocks, Port Rich (Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico PUNETA!!!)
    Posts
    1,611
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    Knicks Lead Pursuit Of Tyson Chandler
    Dec 08, 2011 1:06 PM EST


    The Knicks have jumped ahead of the Warriors in pursuing Tyson Chandler, according to sources.

    If New York reaches an agreement with Chandler, they will amnesty Chauncey Billups and then attempt to trade Ronny Turiaf.

    Chandler could receive a four-year deal from the Knicks at $14 million annually.

    Via Ken Berger/CBS Sports (via Twitter)


    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Anyone else seen this? this is incredible news i love it, i would hate the fact that billups would leave but T.Chandler is more of a need at this point. add in Hill to the mix and a veteran PG maybe T.J Ford and were set for a run at this chip-THIS YEAR.

    1.? 6. Fields
    2.Hill 7. Douglas
    3.Melo 8. Shumpert
    4.STAT 9. Jorts
    5.Chandler

    Incredible i hope we land him, but ill miss billups

    sound off
    funny how you slotted Jorts into that rotation... pure wishful thinking my friend (Jeffries will be the first backup up front... sadly)

  3. #3
    ★The Floor General★ Knicks4Life_1985's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Fairfax,Virgina
    Posts
    910
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I was about to post this bastards beat me to it lol. I was thinking is this some kind of sick joke.. But if it is what is needed I agree do it! The leadership we lose from Billups would be brought back if we can steal Chandler from Dallas. I would hope this would help us secure CP3 but if not **** it. We would be presumably set at the 5,4,and 3 positions for the foreseeable future.


  4. #4
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    This Will happen for multiple reasons.

    1. They could of took Billups off the books with the 3 mil buy out back in June. They picked up his option which means they plan to keep him as an important trade piece for the trade dead line.

    2. IF we sign Chandler, than we'll NO cap space for Cp3 unless we got rid of Amare or Melo.

    3. We would NOT use our amnesty on Billups because it comes off the books next year that would be a waste. Instead we'd save it for Amare incase his knees implode and we can get rid of his contract.

    Think people Think! Any knick fan shouldn't want this trade to happen or for us to waste our amnesty. For those reasons I think this is BS.

  5. #5
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Best frontcourt in the NBA sounds good to me. Now we would need Fields and Shumpert to overachieve.

    Any room leftover after signing Tyson Chandler for Wilson Chandler?

    P.S. Carlos Arroyo might be a decent minimum to pick up for the short term.

    Arroyo
    Fields
    Melo
    STAT
    CHandler

    Not too shabby!

  6. #6
    Member InGodsHands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Tyson Chandler has received an official offer from the Warriors worth more than $60 million over four years, according to a source.
    Chandler is an unrestricted free agent after spending last season with the Mavericks.
    In order to sign Chandler, the Warriors will likely need to amnesty Andris Biedrins.
    Golden State is hoping to receive a commitment from Chandler on the first day of free agency on Friday.

  7. #7
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Chandler over Paul. sorry but he fits our need more. I would love to have Paul and i'd be great but Chandler would vastly improve us and leave us in a better position than Miami-yea i said it- and considering Hill is likely to come as well all we really need is PG, and they wont be required to do much other than pass. Douglas can fit as a filler PG for a season until we sign an affordable one. Paul looks like a wish at this point so we gotta be realistic. Chandler coming would put us in a position to make a run this year!

  8. #8
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    This Will happen for multiple reasons.

    1. They could of took Billups off the books with the 3 mil buy out back in June. They picked up his option which means they plan to keep him as an important trade piece for the trade dead line.

    2. IF we sign Chandler, than we'll NO cap space for Cp3 unless we got rid of Amare or Melo.

    3. We would NOT use our amnesty on Billups because it comes off the books next year that would be a waste. Instead we'd save it for Amare incase his knees implode and we can get rid of his contract.

    Think people Think! Any knick fan shouldn't want this trade to happen or for us to waste our amnesty. For those reasons I think this is BS.
    While I see your point and it is not the ideal use of our amnesty I think we should pull the trigger if we think CP3 is not a possibility. Chandler is probably second only to D12 as the perfect fit for a C on this roster and the window to grab him will be gone shortly.

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Oakman88
    This Will happen for multiple reasons.

    1. They could of took Billups off the books with the 3 mil buy out back in June. They picked up his option which means they plan to keep him as an important trade piece for the trade dead line.

    2. IF we sign Chandler, than we'll NO cap space for Cp3 unless we got rid of Amare or Melo.

    3. We would NOT use our amnesty on Billups because it comes off the books next year that would be a waste. Instead we'd save it for Amare incase his knees implode and we can get rid of his contract.

    Think people Think! Any knick fan shouldn't want this trade to happen or for us to waste our amnesty. For those reasons I think this is BS.
    What won the championship for the Mavs?

    Was it Jason Kidd/ JJ Barea or was it Tyson Chandler stopping Lebron and Wade from driving to the hoop?

    The Center is the most valuable position in basketball, IMO.

    Point guards can change a team, yes Chris Paul, D Williams, Steve Nash, Rose, etc can all do this but a center forces you to shoot outside shots. A center can dominate in the post.

    A center changes the whole team on both ends of the floor and a PG usually just helps with organizing the offense.

    Paul can give us steals and a fast paces offense.

    But would you rather have CP3, Melo, Amare and a bad center?

    Or Melo, Amare, Chandler....because then any PG can just feed these guys and we would dominate defensively.

    Look at Rondo, he is great because of his defense but his assist numbers are at 11 assissts per game because of his supporting cast.

    Any PG will have high numbers with a lineup of Melo, Amare and Chandler.

    Shumpert should excel with his athleticism, if he has court vision you can slide him in there. We can get Ramon Sessions in a deal, someone with court vision, etc.

    Imagine

    Sessions
    Grant Hill
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

    Championship is calling

  10. #10
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    What won the championship for the Mavs?

    Was it Jason Kidd/ JJ Barea or was it Tyson Chandler stopping Lebron and Wade from driving to the hoop?

    The Center is the most valuable position in basketball, IMO.

    Point guards can change a team, yes Chris Paul, D Williams, Steve Nash, Rose, etc can all do this but a center forces you to shoot outside shots. A center can dominate in the post.

    A center changes the whole team on both ends of the floor and a PG usually just helps with organizing the offense.

    Paul can give us steals and a fast paces offense.

    But would you rather have CP3, Melo, Amare and a bad center?

    Or Melo, Amare, Chandler....because then any PG can just feed these guys and we would dominate defensively.

    Look at Rondo, he is great because of his defense but his assist numbers are at 11 assissts per game because of his supporting cast.

    Any PG will have high numbers with a lineup of Melo, Amare and Chandler.

    Shumpert should excel with his athleticism, if he has court vision you can slide him in there. We can get Ramon Sessions in a deal, someone with court vision, etc.

    Imagine

    Sessions
    Grant Hill
    Melo
    Amare
    Chandler

    Championship is calling
    We can't afford Ramon sessions. Thats the thing if we go through with this our cap is shot. IF Amares knees go bad again than we ares tuck with his HUGE contract and inability to make any moves because of being raped by the cap. I get your logic. But this would be a great starting 5 with NO DEPTH. I just think we should be wiser. Many of us knick fans are getting greedy. We were so happy to get Amare and build around him. We got two super stars and instead of wanting to build around them, we are now saying bring in even more high level talent at the expense of other parts of the team. Mavs also had a really deep bench, and that is what also won them that championship. Signing battier was to reinforce the heats bench which was a problem.

    Trust me wisest move would be to save our amnesty for when we really need it. Find a serviceable big who can bang and bail out amares sorry defense, and get a Nash like PG who can run Damntoni's SSOL

  11. #11
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Paul1355 perfect couldnt have said it better myself. i hope by tomorrow Chandler is officially in NY if we could get Arroyo at the minimum just someone to run the point with experience we'd be in prime position to finish atop the entire eastern conference( yea that good! ) and we could make a serious bid at a championship the entire outlook of the team will have changed to defense and we could defend efficiently. Plus we could still score in bunches (stat&melo need i say more)

  12. #12
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Trades Picking up steam.

    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Billups' still in dark on Knicks next move with him: amnesty, trade into cap space...or: Possible sign-and-trade with Dallas for Chandler?
    Quote:
    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    The Mavericks could possibly let JJ Barea leave as a free agent, and split the point guard duties in compact season with Kidd and Billups
    Quote:
    WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
    Knicks have privately assured people that if they trade Billups instead of using amnesty on him, he's destined for a "good team." Dallas?
    Quote:
    ESPNSteinLine Marc Stein
    Source close to Tyson Chandler talks just told ESPN.com: "It's 98 percent sure that Tyson is going to wind up with the Knicks."

  13. #13
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    WOW!

    In the latest twist of his expected departure from the Dallas Mavericks, Tyson Chandler is closing in on a deal with the New York Knicks, according to sources close to the process.

    "New York is Tyson's first choice," one source told ESPN.com, confirming a Thursday report from CBSSports.com that the Knicks have jumped ahead of the Golden State Warriors in the race to sign Chandler.

    "It's 98 percent sure that Tyson is going to wind up with the Knicks."

    To create sufficient salary-cap space to sign Chandler, New York is expected to shed the contracts of Chauncey Billups and Ronny Turiaf, through either trades or the forthcoming amnesty clause.

    Signing Chandler, sources said, could free up the Knicks to offer star forward Amare Stoudemire to the New Orleans Hornets in a trade scenario for Chris Paul, who badly wants to reunite with Chandler after their time together with the Hornets.
    98% sure Tyson ends up with the Knicks. Crazy. I love STAT but CP3, Tyson and Melo is too good to pass up.

  14. #14
    Member Oakman88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    234
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I dunno man losing amare..not feeling that.

  15. #15
    Nein, Mann! Lercher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Chandler would be a perfect match for the Knicks, he has enough size and toughness and he brings his leadership attitude and championship experience into this team. Grunwald would be a genius bringing a proven defensive-minded assistant coach and the second best center in the league. Believe me folks, crazy things are about to happen tomorrow, it's been a long time I've got so excited about the Knicks.


Similar Threads

  1. Six Things To Know About The Knicks
    By moneyg in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Oct 01, 2010, 00:50
  2. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 09:39
  3. Knicks @ 76ers 1/24/09 7:00 PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jan 25, 2009, 22:15
  4. Knicks @ Suns 12/14 9:00 PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Dec 16, 2008, 21:35
  5. Knicks @ Bucks 11/21 8:30 PM ET
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: Nov 21, 2008, 23:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •