Knicks lead pursuit of T. Chandler

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I don't know what to think. This is wild and crazy.

Question? Who do we get to play PF? Sign Shawne Williams to spread the floor?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Honestly we don't know what's going to happen, we all thought we're looking for a medicore center willing to sign a one year minimum contract and now kaboom! We're pushing to sign Tyson Chandler, maybe our next move will be to make a run to land Chris Paul or maybe we have another point guard we're close to sign. I know trading Amare sounds great, but mention that he's Dolan's and D'Antoni's guy and they could successfully block any trade involving Amare going one way or another...

portega1968

El Cacique
You're right! Let's be honest both Amare and Billups are not worth the money we're paying them. Getting rid of them to sign PROVEN center Chandler and arguably the best PG in the game today? I'm all in baby.

Paul, Melo and Chandler are easier to complement than Amare in the mix with Melo. Not many PGs and Centers compared to the abudance of power forwards that can take Stat's place.

Somehow, I smell Phil Jackson lurking in the background. This would be a move he would call for.

Last edited:

la2ny

Starter
I know the Melo-Amare pairing didn't just magically fall into place last year, but we knew that from jump. Tossing STAT out for CP3 isn't the best idea to me. Now I know a team built around CP3 and Tyson got to within a game of the WCF in 08, and that was w/o a Melo caliber player, but I don't really think that will be good enough to get past the Heat or to win a title. Now if this was to somehow enable us to fill the roster out easier then sure, but I don't think it will.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Dallas wants cap space so maybe we can send Billups and Turiaf for Chandler and Beaubois as our PG and C then we can use the MLE and trade a guy like Toney Douglas

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
Dallas wants cap space so maybe we can send Billups and Turiaf for Chandler and Beaubois as our PG and C then we can use the MLE and trade a guy like Toney Douglas

That is an awful trade for the Mavs. So they should trade their best young player and S+T their center for an aging PG and a injury prone backup? No chance they include Beaubois.

CA7

Scoring Champ
That is an awful trade for the Mavs. So they should trade their best young player and S+T their center for an aging PG and a injury prone backup? No chance they include Beaubois.

Yeah but it opens up the possibility to pair Deron Williams and Dwight Howard with Dirk Nowitski and Cuban has said he wants to be a player for 2 max guys in 2012 meaning D12 and D-Will I'm not letting Roddy Buckets stop me from doing that and D-Will is from Dallas and would def go there and Dwight would follow to play with him and Dirk

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Everything changes every second and my point is: we deserve this roundabout after the neverending lockout... :lol:

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
Yeah but it opens up the possibility to pair Deron Williams and Dwight Howard with Dirk Nowitski and Cuban has said he wants to be a player for 2 max guys in 2012 meaning D12 and D-Will I'm not letting Roddy Buckets stop me from doing that and D-Will is from Dallas and would def go there and Dwight would follow to play with him and Dirk

They would just offer Chandler S+T'd for Billups and Turiaf then. No reason for them to include Beaubois.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217142/Denver_Discussing_Turiaf_Trade_With_Knicks

looks like the knicks are talking with denver about turiaf. maybe we can get some good bench players from them. what do you guys think about getting andre miller for turiaf?

.......you do know Andre Miller is a much much better player than Turiaf, right? Why would Denver do that trade? They just traded Felton for Miller this offseason. Do you think Turiaf is as good as Felton?

pat

Starter
I didn't follow the whole Chandler story. Can one of you guys give me a brief summary of why exactly he might not be on the Mavs roster next season?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I didn't follow the whole Chandler story. Can one of you guys give me a brief summary of why exactly he might not be on the Mavs roster next season?

Two Words: Cap Space.

Dallas is doing everything possible to retain cap space for 2012 FA bananza. This is why we could get Tyson in a S&T for Billups and some minor pieces since his contract is coming off the books this year.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Because he demands more $$$ than Cuban wants to offer him. You know how it works, I've got my ring already and all I want to do now is to go for more big bucks...

Alan Hahn just tweeted: getting indications that Tyson Chandler to Knicks is foregone conclusion. But nothing tells me Amar'e is on trading block.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Turiaf would probably go their for a 2nd rounder which we'd probably use along with Cash to go after Dan D'Antoni's boy Ramon Sessions

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
.......you do know Andre Miller is a much much better player than Turiaf, right? Why would Denver do that trade? They just traded Felton for Miller this offseason. Do you think Turiaf is as good as Felton?

why do you think they traded felton? he wanted the starting spot but denver is commited to lawson as their starting pg. do you think andre is going to like to be backup? of course not! it might be a good move. do you think turiaf is as good as felton? what kind of question is that.

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
If we do indeed sign chandler, how much space is left if billups contract is not under our salary cap anymore? Can we go after and trade some pieces for felton?

Felton
shum or feidls maybe neither if there gone in a trade for felton.
melo
stat
chandler

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
why do you think they traded felton? he wanted the starting spot but denver is commited to lawson as their starting pg. do you think andre is going to like to be backup? of course not! it might be a good move. do you think turiaf is as good as felton? what kind of question is that.

Obviously not, so why would Denver trade for a guy who is WORSE than Felton?

Andre Miller is in the last year of his deal, and the Nuggets still need a backup PG. Why would they trade a better player who has missed fewer games in his career than Turiaf did last year? That makes no sense for the Nuggets.

The Nuggets did the trade because they loved Andre Miller when he was on Denver and Karl likes him, the Blazers did it to get a younger PG for the long-term.

Last edited:

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
Obviously not, so why would Denver trade for a guy who is WORSE than Felton?

Andre Miller is in the last year of his deal, and the Nuggets still need a backup PG. Why would they trade a better player who has missed fewer games in his career than Turiaf did last year? That makes no sense for the Nuggets.

i just threw it out there. you never know. getting a pg with a expiring contract is good for the knicks. maybe add some other pieces. a lineup that consists andre, fields, melo, stat and chandler sounds interesting to me.