Knicks will sign Tyson Chandler, use amnesty on Billups

KingCharles34

All Star
Lets all take a minute to laugh at the Dallas Mavericks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirk and the Mavs thought they could get themselves another ring this year, but not without Chandlaaaa!!!! :lol:

Fukk u Mark Cuban

I dont even hate the Mavs, i just dont like Cuban

But anyways

Back to the Knicks....

Ummm if the saying "It's nothing personal, just business" means anything to you then you make that Amare for CP3 trade. Ill always root for Amare, he came here and embraced his role as the leader of the team. While i cant say he put in 100% effort on defense, he did on offense and in the locker room. He made us respectable again but you gotta leave personal feelings out of business decisions 99% of the time. That 1% involves family

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
why cant we just sign billups again for mle,?????????????????

that makes no sense......you have to be over the cap to use the MLE. most likely, Billups is being traded to Dallas in a sign-n-trade for Chandler. so how would Billups be available for the MLE?

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Lets all take a minute to laugh at the Dallas Mavericks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirk and the Mavs thought they could get themselves another ring this year, but not without Chandlaaaa!!!! :lol:

Fukk u Mark Cuban

I dont even hate the Mavs, i just dont like Cuban

But anyways

Back to the Knicks....

Ummm if the saying "It's nothing personal, just business" means anything to you then you make that Amare for CP3 trade. Ill always root for Amare, he came here and embraced his role as the leader of the team. While i cant say he put in 100% effort on defense, he did on offense and in the locker room. He made us respectable again but you gotta leave personal feelings out of business decisions 99% of the time. That 1% involves family

Amar'e and Melo didn't allow it to get personal when they both shook us down for max, so why should we show any loyalty back? I really don't understand this idea of any player who won't put a real shift in being praised like they're a god, yet much as I dislike him LeBron James gives 100% in every area of the game but he's called out on everything!

I don't buy it. I'd rather have a LeBron than an Amar'e attitude wise any day. I have no loyalty to him or Melo whatsoever because they are the same greedy and no D playing carbon copies of each other.

If they really wanted to "save us" they could have taken less money like the Miami super friends and for that much at least I'll always have more respect for the Miami 2.5.

Chandler, Melo & STAT. Hmmm. Add Steve Nash who may be an amnesty casualty and I'd take my chances against any team. You can also add Byron Davis to be our back up PG & SG. With the young kids developing behind Nash I really dont think CP3 is necessary to win a few chips...

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
that makes no sense......you have to be over the cap to use the MLE. most likely, Billups is being traded to Dallas in a sign-n-trade for Chandler. so how would Billups be available for the MLE?
idk i thoughtit was like we would waiver those players

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Chandler

I agree with the posters who have noted that New Orleans is highly unlikely to accept Amare' in a trade for CP3. Perhaps a third team, with younger assets that New Orleans might covet, could get involved, but I doubt it.

I do not see us getting CP3 under almost any scenario either this year or next year and thus believe that the move for Chandler is an indication that the Knicks have given up on that hope. I can understand Billups being a bit perturbed but he is going to get his $14.2M. Perhaps the statements that he is "irate" are designed to dissuade anyone other than the Nuggets from making a claim.

I will take Chandler this year over any likely attainable free agent next year. And if we also get Grant Hill, it would be terrific notwithstanding that we will be very weak at the point.

smokes

Huge Member
He averages 3.8 FG attempts per game. of course he has a high FG%. And since he has no offensive value, where is his other value on defense? Nowhere. The dropoff between Stat and Turiaf/Jeffries platoon is like the top of the Himalayas to the bottom of Death Valley. I'm sure somewhere out there for the MLE, there's someone a little higher than Death Valley.

But we need that MLE to get a PG. As you say Turiaf is not that good so who in their right minds is gonna trade him for a servicable starting PG?

Douglas/Shumpert are not ready for a starting role. IMO.

And to whoever asked why we can't sign Billups back, if you amnesty someone they go to lottery teams, highest bidder gets him.

CA7

Scoring Champ
lmao smfh we got Chandler/Stoudemire/Anthony up front now lets go get DJ Augustine who's useless on the Bobcats as a back up to Kemba 3 way deal

Knicks- Chandler and Augustine
Mavericks- Billups and B. Walker
Bobcats- Turiaf and Brewer

lmao smfh we got Chandler/Stoudemire/Anthony up front now lets go get DJ Augustine who's useless on the Bobcats as a back up to Kemba 3 way deal

Knicks- Chandler and Augustine
Mavericks- Billups and B. Walker
Bobcats- Turiaf and Brewer

I agree. Paul isnt needed. We just need a true PG that can knock down an open jumper, play some def, penetrate and dish. It doesnt have to be the best PG in the league...

KingCharles34

All Star
I hope Billups goes to MIA to see Bron and Wade react as both are calling for the ball for the final shot then Mr. Big Shot fires a 28' 3

mafra

Legend
I totally didn't see this one coming... but we've all been shouting for the front office to go get this roster a center. Sure, there were a few decent options next year, but most of them are restricted (so now lock you could snag one).

This move is brilliant. You get the top defensive C (other than Howard) in the NBA. The perfect compliment to 2 stars. He'll rebound, play defense, run the floor and finish around the rim. He just beat the Heat!

On top of that, you're flexibile to do so many things. AND, at the same time, you're not leaving your flank exposed... so if the music stops next July and we're left without a max player, we wont be crying in our soup.

Phil Jax can bring his offense and let Carmelo be his Kobe/MJ. Or, we get Nash and let D'antoni stay aboard to run his SSOl.

We might be able to deal for Paul, or get something for Billups-Turiaf-Jordan. We can add Grant Hill, and then add another 2 pieces next free agency.

Hill
Anthony
Amar'e
Chandler

That's a tall four dudes right there. Hope Douglas-Shumpert can be our Ward-Childs.

Add a B-Davis to that mix? WTF! WOW.

Then, we still can compete next year and not cry if we miss out on Deron/Paul.

However, I guess the only way we get Paul now is via trade.

BUT, if it comes down to it. Wouldn't NO prefer Amar'e to Bynum or Rondo?

Paul
Hill
Anthony
Jeffris
Chandler

Would we prefer this?

KingCharles34

All Star
"Alex Kennedy Said Billups Wont Be Able To Choose His Team, He'll Go To The Highest Bidder Under The Salary Cap, Which Most Likely Wont Be Great Team"

Now we see why Billups is heated, the Cavs are about to snatch up him. 65 milli for 5 years :lol:

Too bad the Celtics dont have more money, they like old washed up has beens :lol:

Red

TYPE-A
is it me?

Yo!

Is it me or did n!ggas forget?

Did you forget that Amare at a time single handedly carried multiple franchises?

Broke P. Ewings record for most 30pt games.

HE WAS BEASTING! Short of being a top defensive presence, Amare was a candidate for MVP! MVP hello!?

Without Garnett, Amare is the BEST PF in the East. The Best
Melo the 2nd best SF, top scorer.

Amare had heart... did you forget? Those homo's who passed up because they couldn't stand the heat in NY.

Those special types that show up in the playoffs...

Chandler is not of that ilk! Yes I Red clammored for a big, a rebounding compliment to Stat & Melo, not a Chandler who is limited and streaky while we sacrifice the new face of our franchise.

Amare is the best PF, Chandler can be replaced. Why would we do that knowing Stat can take the heat and son Bosh while at it?

No. Absolutely not. We are this close. We could hang with any team in the east healthy as is... all we need is a player(s) to get us over the top. If Amare was old, breaking down, etc... I can see it, but because of a minor back injury as if Chandler isn't injury prone...?

No thanks.

Please convince me otherwise. Because Melo can be Dirk, and just add chandler and we become the Mavs? Nope.

So why the shift in loyalty as if there are no options?

smokes

Huge Member
I totally didn't see this one coming... but we've all been shouting for the front office to go get this roster a center. Sure, there were a few decent options next year, but most of them are restricted (so now lock you could snag one).

This move is brilliant. You get the top defensive C (other than Howard) in the NBA. The perfect compliment to 2 stars. He'll rebound, play defense, run the floor and finish around the rim. He just beat the Heat!

On top of that, you're flexibile to do so many things. AND, at the same time, you're not leaving your flank exposed... so if the music stops next July and we're left without a max player, we wont be crying in our soup.

Phil Jax can bring his offense and let Carmelo be his Kobe/MJ. Or, we get Nash and let D'antoni stay aboard to run his SSOl.

We might be able to deal for Paul, or get something for Billups-Turiaf-Jordan. We can add Grant Hill, and then add another 2 pieces next free agency.

Hill
Anthony
Amar'e
Chandler

That's a tall four dudes right there. Hope Douglas-Shumpert can be our Ward-Childs.

Add a B-Davis to that mix? WTF! WOW.

Then, we still can compete next year and not cry if we miss out on Deron/Paul.

However, I guess the only way we get Paul now is via trade.

BUT, if it comes down to it. Wouldn't NO prefer Amar'e to Bynum or Rondo?

Paul
Hill
Anthony
Jeffris
Chandler

Would we prefer this?

Indeed I was really hoping we wouldn't go for Paul and have a totally one-dimensional team with no size.

This is possibly one of the best moves in recent NYK franchise history if it all goes down as it should.

But NO won't be interested in Amare, and we shouldn't be interested in trading him.

You can get by with a decent PG but you can't get by with no inside scoring whatsoever, which is what we'd be left with if we traded away Amare for a PG.

mafra, LJ, Kingstarbury, cusegirl, OldTimer and prob a few others all deserve +rep for having a realistic outlook on how to improve this franchise and not just LOLOLOLOLCHRISPAUL

Last edited: