Rumors that Knicks Will go After Baron Davis

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Source tells TKB that it ?sounds like? Baron Davis will be amnestied and the Knicks are ?in the mix? for him as a PG option.

I would love this move and it would allow us to keep STAT while adding a legit PG and Tyson Chandler.

Davis
Fields
Melo
STAT
Tyson Chandler

That is a championship caliber starting 5!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Yes Davis is 32 and yes he is injury prone but if we can get him for cheap he should fit nicely coming to a big stage with bigger egos to keep him in check and a sense he has something to prove.

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
I would love this move and it would allow us to keep STAT while adding a legit PG and Tyson Chandler.

Davis
Fields
Melo
STAT
Tyson Chandler

That is a championship caliber starting 5!

how could we fit in Chandler while fitting in Davis?

KingCharles34

All Star
Im not really a big Baron Davis fan, its not really his age that bothers me. Its more his heart and motivation. The question is, did we see him playing out of shape and looking somewhat lethargic in recent years because he hasn't been on a playoff team since the Warriors, when he gave us memorable performances as GS upsetted the #1 seeded Mavericks. Would playing on a tough playoff team motivate Baron Davis to get into great shape, and is he the right type of point guard for this team? How hard has he worked this summer?

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
It would probally be similar as to when the Celtics signed Marbrury after his buyout. He would have to be open to a Vet min. deal that would be the only way possible.

i'm assuming he would only be open to the vet minimum if his previous contract was fully paid, right?

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
That's what happens when you don't read everything first.

I just posted this very idea on the T. Chandler thread.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
i'm assuming he would only be open to the vet minimum if his previous contract was fully paid, right?

I believe amnesty contracts are fully paid but teams can spread the payments over the remaining term of the contract if they desire instead of a lump sum like a buyout.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Remember that the Cavs have to pay him his contract money which is almost $28M over the next two years. We can offer him everything what's left on our salary which will be around additional $4M if we traded Turiaf for a minimum contract, a pick and cash consideration. Getting paid $36M and playing for a team with Stoudemire, Anthony and Chandler on its roster is a win-win situation.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
He's aging, but Carmelo can't play 40 minutes every game during this shortened and heavy season. We need someone to play backup small forward and we can get Grant for a part of our mid-level exception, deal, period.

KingCharles34

All Star
They better get Hill :mad:

Hes a perfect fit. Can play and defend both SG and SF, can also defend point guards and he can probably play that position as well. hes also got a nice jumpshot and can hit 3's

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Honestly I'd rather have Brooks, Stuckey, Ford, Barea or Telfair over Baron Davis.

Stuckey? yes. All those other guys? not really. And i'm not high on Davis either....but i think Barea is way overrated and he'll be overpaid this offseason by someone, Telfair is garbage. I'm just sick of these point guards who take alot of shots, i can't stand it, dribble down the clock and get knocked around in the paint, makes me sick.....