Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CP3 to the Lakers. *UNOFFICIAL*

Breaking News CP3 to the Lakers. *UNOFFICIAL*

Some of you may be familiar with IncarceratedBob. I believe he is somewhat a credible source.

At this time the Lakers have met a deal IN PRINCIPLE with the Hornets to receive Chris Paul Monday

no suprise there

so lets stop with the CP3 whore mongering, go get some size, get a cheap point guard who doesn't need to jack up shots and hopefully accelerate D'antoni's firing

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Some of you may be familiar with IncarceratedBob. I believe he is somewhat a credible source.

At this time the Lakers have met a deal IN PRINCIPLE with the Hornets to receive Chris Paul Monday
    im kind of happy about this because i did not want to see the knicks trade amare for cp3, that would of looked really bad from a PR standpoint

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    im kind of happy about this because i did not want to see the knicks trade amare for cp3, that would of looked really bad from a PR standpoint
    completely agree....outside of Dwight Howard/Blake-Griffin/LeBron (lol, I kno, alot of guys), I wouldn't trade Stat for anyone....

Lets not act like Amare didnt sh*t on Duncan and KG when they were in their primes. Hes a keeper

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Lets not act like Amare didnt sh*t on Duncan and KG when they were in their primes. Hes a keeper
    i just want SIZE.....why is it such a bad thing to have Melo + Stat + (group of defensive bigs who keep Amare out of foul trouble)? Point guards are a dime a dozen, you dont have to have one who puts out 12 assists a game.....

Oh the same guy who said Nnamdi agreed to sign with the Jets in principle, that Melo was traded to the Nets, that Dwight was traded for Bynum/Pau multiple times, Cliff Lee to the Yankees, the Jets would release Braylon Edwards after his DUI, etc.

Yeah he isn't a credible source at all. He uses the "agreed in principle" line so if he doesn't get traded he can backtrack and say "OH IT WAS IN PRINCIPLE THAT MEANS IT WASN'T OFFICIAL THEN IT FELL THROUGH!"

Originally Posted by NYKnicks11
    Oh the same guy who said Nnamdi agreed to sign with the Jets in principle, that Melo was traded to the Nets, that Dwight was traded for Bynum/Pau multiple times, Cliff Lee to the Yankees, the Jets would release Braylon Edwards after his DUI, etc.

Yeah he isn't a credible source at all. He uses the "agreed in principle" line so if he doesn't get traded he can backtrack and say "OH IT WAS IN PRINCIPLE THAT MEANS IT WASN'T OFFICIAL THEN IT FELL THROUGH!"
    and the credibility crumbles!!

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    i just want SIZE.....why is it such a bad thing to have Melo + Stat + (group of defensive bigs who keep Amare out of foul trouble)? Point guards are a dime a dozen, you dont have to have one who puts out 12 assists a game.....
    I partially agree, I love watching point guards to be honest but we've seen many championship teams that didnt have great point guards. The Lakers won twice with Derek Fisher, last year the Mavs won with an old Kidd. We just need to find a point guard that can play some defense, is a decent passer, and hit open shots. You gotta have a point guard that can hit open shots, if you dont have that your basically rondo and the scumtics

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I partially agree, I love watching point guards to be honest but we've seen many championship teams that didnt have great point guards. The Lakers won twice with Derek Fisher, last year the Mavs won with an old Kidd. We just need to find a point guard that can play some defense, is a decent passer, and hit open shots. You gotta have a point guard that can hit open shots, if you dont have that your basically rondo and the scumtics
    Tony Parker never averaged more than 6.9 dimes a game and that was 3 years ago. Fisher is a career 3 dimes a game and only 40% from the field! Everytime I hear Ric Bucher say "it's a point guard league", I scream.....

Originally Posted by NYKnicks11

I said I BELIEVE he's credible.

Those are the reports he missed. He's also got alot more.
    Another person has come through with the news also.
    Right now this is the story, If its true we can move on

so is CP3 just playing one season with Lakers and bolting for Knicks, or will he be signed to new extended year deal. his credibility crumbles faster because dont come to NY background toast a big 3 then go hang West Coast and only see LeBron twice a season possible Finals, thats weak like when he punch other players in the sacks.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    so is CP3 just playing one season with Lakers and bolting for Knicks, or will he be signed to new extended year deal. his credibility crumbles faster because dont come to NY background toast a big 3 then go hang West Coast and only see LeBron twice a season possible Finals, thats weak like when he punch other players in the sacks.
    why are people hanging onto that wedding toast so much? smh.....everyone who was at the wedding claims he said it in a joking manner.....

I said I BELIEVE he's credible.

Those are the reports he missed. He's also got alot more.
    Another person has come through with the news also.
    Right now this is the story, If its true we can move on
    Believe what you want, he is a guy on twitter who just posts his own speculation and if he is right he throws himself a parade and has all his followers retweet his prediction. If he is wrong he backtracks hard and makes a ton of excuses.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

He'll become a free agent and then resign with the Lakers, there is no way he will accept Knicks' $57M four year offer over a $102M five year contract with the Lakers + now that we've got Tyson on board we'll have maybe a couple of bucks to spend which is obviously not enough space to sign anyone.