Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 52

Thread: CP3 to the Lakers. *UNOFFICIAL*

  1. #1
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Breaking News CP3 to the Lakers. *UNOFFICIAL*

    Some of you may be familiar with IncarceratedBob. I believe he is somewhat a credible source.

    At this time the Lakers have met a deal IN PRINCIPLE with the Hornets to receive Chris Paul Monday

  2. #2
    Member CuseGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    no suprise there

    so lets stop with the CP3 whore mongering, go get some size, get a cheap point guard who doesn't need to jack up shots and hopefully accelerate D'antoni's firing

  3. #3
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Some of you may be familiar with IncarceratedBob. I believe he is somewhat a credible source.

    At this time the Lakers have met a deal IN PRINCIPLE with the Hornets to receive Chris Paul Monday
    im kind of happy about this because i did not want to see the knicks trade amare for cp3, that would of looked really bad from a PR standpoint

  4. #4
    Member CuseGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    im kind of happy about this because i did not want to see the knicks trade amare for cp3, that would of looked really bad from a PR standpoint
    completely agree....outside of Dwight Howard/Blake-Griffin/LeBron (lol, I kno, alot of guys), I wouldn't trade Stat for anyone....

  5. #5
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Lets not act like Amare didnt sh*t on Duncan and KG when they were in their primes. Hes a keeper

  6. #6
    Member CuseGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Lets not act like Amare didnt sh*t on Duncan and KG when they were in their primes. Hes a keeper
    i just want SIZE.....why is it such a bad thing to have Melo + Stat + (group of defensive bigs who keep Amare out of foul trouble)? Point guards are a dime a dozen, you dont have to have one who puts out 12 assists a game.....

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Some of you may be familiar with IncarceratedBob. I believe he is somewhat a credible source.

    At this time the Lakers have met a deal IN PRINCIPLE with the Hornets to receive Chris Paul Monday
    Oh the same guy who said Nnamdi agreed to sign with the Jets in principle, that Melo was traded to the Nets, that Dwight was traded for Bynum/Pau multiple times, Cliff Lee to the Yankees, the Jets would release Braylon Edwards after his DUI, etc.

    Yeah he isn't a credible source at all. He uses the "agreed in principle" line so if he doesn't get traded he can backtrack and say "OH IT WAS IN PRINCIPLE THAT MEANS IT WASN'T OFFICIAL THEN IT FELL THROUGH!"

  8. #8
    Member CuseGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks11
    Oh the same guy who said Nnamdi agreed to sign with the Jets in principle, that Melo was traded to the Nets, that Dwight was traded for Bynum/Pau multiple times, Cliff Lee to the Yankees, the Jets would release Braylon Edwards after his DUI, etc.

    Yeah he isn't a credible source at all. He uses the "agreed in principle" line so if he doesn't get traded he can backtrack and say "OH IT WAS IN PRINCIPLE THAT MEANS IT WASN'T OFFICIAL THEN IT FELL THROUGH!"
    and the credibility crumbles!!

  9. #9
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    i just want SIZE.....why is it such a bad thing to have Melo + Stat + (group of defensive bigs who keep Amare out of foul trouble)? Point guards are a dime a dozen, you dont have to have one who puts out 12 assists a game.....
    I partially agree, I love watching point guards to be honest but we've seen many championship teams that didnt have great point guards. The Lakers won twice with Derek Fisher, last year the Mavs won with an old Kidd. We just need to find a point guard that can play some defense, is a decent passer, and hit open shots. You gotta have a point guard that can hit open shots, if you dont have that your basically rondo and the scumtics

  10. #10
    Member CuseGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    I partially agree, I love watching point guards to be honest but we've seen many championship teams that didnt have great point guards. The Lakers won twice with Derek Fisher, last year the Mavs won with an old Kidd. We just need to find a point guard that can play some defense, is a decent passer, and hit open shots. You gotta have a point guard that can hit open shots, if you dont have that your basically rondo and the scumtics
    Tony Parker never averaged more than 6.9 dimes a game and that was 3 years ago. Fisher is a career 3 dimes a game and only 40% from the field! Everytime I hear Ric Bucher say "it's a point guard league", I scream.....

  11. #11
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by NYKnicks11
    Oh the same guy who said Nnamdi agreed to sign with the Jets in principle, that Melo was traded to the Nets, that Dwight was traded for Bynum/Pau multiple times, Cliff Lee to the Yankees, the Jets would release Braylon Edwards after his DUI, etc.

    Yeah he isn't a credible source at all. He uses the "agreed in principle" line so if he doesn't get traded he can backtrack and say "OH IT WAS IN PRINCIPLE THAT MEANS IT WASN'T OFFICIAL THEN IT FELL THROUGH!"
    I said I BELIEVE he's credible.

    Those are the reports he missed. He's also got alot more.
    Another person has come through with the news also.
    Right now this is the story, If its true we can move on

  12. #12
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    so is CP3 just playing one season with Lakers and bolting for Knicks, or will he be signed to new extended year deal. his credibility crumbles faster because dont come to NY background toast a big 3 then go hang West Coast and only see LeBron twice a season possible Finals, thats weak like when he punch other players in the sacks.

  13. #13
    Member CuseGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    176
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by quiggle
    so is CP3 just playing one season with Lakers and bolting for Knicks, or will he be signed to new extended year deal. his credibility crumbles faster because dont come to NY background toast a big 3 then go hang West Coast and only see LeBron twice a season possible Finals, thats weak like when he punch other players in the sacks.
    why are people hanging onto that wedding toast so much? smh.....everyone who was at the wedding claims he said it in a joking manner.....

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    104
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    I said I BELIEVE he's credible.

    Those are the reports he missed. He's also got alot more.
    Another person has come through with the news also.
    Right now this is the story, If its true we can move on
    Believe what you want, he is a guy on twitter who just posts his own speculation and if he is right he throws himself a parade and has all his followers retweet his prediction. If he is wrong he backtracks hard and makes a ton of excuses.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  15. #15
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    He'll become a free agent and then resign with the Lakers, there is no way he will accept Knicks' $57M four year offer over a $102M five year contract with the Lakers + now that we've got Tyson on board we'll have maybe a couple of bucks to spend which is obviously not enough space to sign anyone.

Similar Threads

  1. Lakers have NO PLANS to trade for Melo
    By kylepicklehead in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Feb 09, 2011, 16:43
  2. Lakers at Knicks 2/2/09
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Feb 03, 2009, 09:14
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2008, 17:06
  4. New York Knicks vs LA Lakers Game Thread 1/29
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: Jan 30, 2008, 20:40
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun 20, 2007, 16:50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •