Three Willy Offered $980K

Do you want 3 Willy back in O&B?

• Yep. Paul's become an illegitimate chance. Get him back.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Nope. Save the cash for unforeseen future transactions.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • 1 year. Keep him as a trade chip.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • My anus is killing me!

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Once again, for those who didn't really follow that CBA roundabout: the 2011/12 luxury tax threshold is set at $70.3M, the full mid-level exception is available for all non taxpayers which means for all teams with cap under $70.3M; our salary cap without Billups' contract wiped off the books and Turiaf's $4M deal being traded and with Chandler's contract of $14M this season, Jeffries' minimum contract of $1.4M, Shumpert's possible contract of $1M and Harrellson's minimum contract of $0.5M reaches a total value of $58.1M, which is almost $12M below the luxury tax threshold which makes us a non taxpayer and that means we have full mid-level exception rights within our hands.

edit: we just waived Brown and short after he signed with the Bobcats.

You are incorrect. The full MLE is for teams below the luxury tax but above the cap, or below the cap by the MLE amount. The mini-MLE ($2.5 mil) is additional money for teams under the cap, and for teams above the luxury tax. The Knicks being under the cap by $15 mil does not allow them to spend the $15 mil on Chandler and then another $5 mil on another player. That is what the mini-MLE is for.

CoolClyde

extra e please

Damn. Knicks sign the Giraffe for $1.4 and offer Extra E less?
that's just plain stupid, but I assume a direct miniscule brain-power
endorsement from Mike Antoni... watch the Nyets pick him up for a
few rubles more... we need his 3's more than we need the Giraffe's...
offense... defense... flops... neck stretch percentage?
someone in NYK management is a fool for the city,
and i'm not talking Foghat!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
- Non-Taxpayer Middle Exception: set at $5M in years 1 and 2, growing 3% annually thereafter; maximum contract lenght of 4 years; can be used every year.
- Taxpayer Middle Exception: set at $3M in year 1, growing 3% annually thereafter; maximum contract lenght of 3 years, can be used every year.
- Mid Level Exception for Room Teams: A new exception is available for teams that use Room under the Salary Cap (and therefore forfeit their Non-Taxpayer Middle Exception and Bi-Annual Exceptions). The exceptions allows a team using Room to thereafter sign one or more free agents to a contract with a total first year salary up to $2.5M and up to 2 years in lenght. Exception amount to grow 3% annually.

We've started this offseason with a salary above the cap (around $60M), which means we had our full MLE rights. We amnestied Billups and traded Turiaf and our cap dicreased to a $42M level and we lost our full MLE. Our next move was to sign Chandler, Shumpert and Harrellson and resign Jeffries which made our cap increase up to $59M and that is again above the cap, but we won't regain our full MLE? It's a nonsense that makes rich getting richer and doesn't make the league more competitive at all...

smokes

Huge Member
- Non-Taxpayer Middle Exception: set at $5M in years 1 and 2, growing 3% annually thereafter; maximum contract lenght of 4 years; can be used every year.
- Taxpayer Middle Exception: set at $3M in year 1, growing 3% annually thereafter; maximum contract lenght of 3 years, can be used every year.
- Mid Level Exception for Room Teams: A new exception is available for teams that use Room under the Salary Cap (and therefore forfeit their Non-Taxpayer Middle Exception and Bi-Annual Exceptions). The exceptions allows a team using Room to thereafter sign one or more free agents to a contract with a total first year salary up to $2.5M and up to 2 years in lenght. Exception amount to grow 3% annually.

We've started this offseason with a salary above the cap (around $60M), which means we had our full MLE rights. We amnestied Billups and traded Turiaf and our cap dicreased to a $42M level and we lost our full MLE. Our next move was to sign Chandler, Shumpert and Harrellson and resign Jeffries which made our cap increase up to $59M and that is again above the cap, but we won't regain our full MLE? It's a nonsense that makes rich getting richer and doesn't make the league more competitive at all...

The strange thing is we haven't signed Chandler yet... And it looks like we are going to acquire him via S&T. Can only teams under the cap give the trade exception that this deal is based upon? Otherwise theoretically we could fill our roster with the 14 million spare cap room we have and then S&T for Tyson.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It is looking like we will sign-and-trade for Chandler. If this is true, this is great news for two reasons. 1.) We wil have the full MLE ($5 mil) and 2.) We save the amnesty.

CA7

Scoring Champ
It is looking like we will sign-and-trade for Chandler. If this is true, this is great news for two reasons. 1.) We wil have the full MLE ($5 mil) and 2.) We save the amnesty.

No we still lose the amnesty but we keep the FULL MLE like I said. I'm hoping either 1 of 2 things happen

1) Use the full MLE on Jason Richardson and Sign Baron Davis with the bi annual exception

2) Use the full MLE on Jason Richardson and trade Ronnie Turiaf to Charlotte for DJ Augustine

But most likely we

Sign Carlos Arroyo and keep it moving sadly

LJ4ptplay

Starter
****Update: Now it seems we will amnesty Billups but still sign-and-trade for Chandler so Dallas can get a $12 mil Traded Player Exception.***

F#ck!! This screws us and gives Dallas something for nothing. Can we get somebody in the Knicks organization that knows how to negotiate and not bend over and take it in the *ss for every team?!?! Damn we are a desperate organization.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
No we still lose the amnesty but we keep the FULL MLE like I said. I'm hoping either 1 of 2 things happen

1) Use the full MLE on Jason Richardson and Sign Baron Davis with the bi annual exception

2) Use the full MLE on Jason Richardson and trade Ronnie Turiaf to Charlotte for DJ Augustine

But most likely we

Sign Carlos Arroyo and keep it moving sadly

If we amnesty Billups, we lose the MLE as well.

CoolClyde

Mo' Mo!

"There’s speculation the Knicks are being used to drive up the Kings’ price. Crawford’s agent Andy Miller was ticked at the Knicks for their Chauncey Billups treatment."

at this point, I say go after Mo' F*cking Evans AND Extra E, and forget Crawful.
between his mom wanting him to stay close to home, and a money-hungry agent
pissed off at Knicks re Chancey, the writing's on the wall, Crawful is NOT signing
with Knicks. forget the Crawfish!

I like Mo' Evans game, he's aggressive, defensive, in your face, just the kind of tough guy
we need to go with Chanhandler, STAT, Toney Defense and crew. Mo' Defense! I've seen
him take over games with his limited minutes, c'mon man, get this guy!

AND don't give up on Extra E! He's the man! Extra E with the Threeeeee!

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Shawne Williams is hurt right now after the pursuit of J-Craw and is mulling over the Knicks deal tonight, expect a decision tomorrow.