Never heard of that, any sources?
Yep. Paul's become an illegitimate chance. Get him back.
Nope. Save the cash for unforeseen future transactions.
1 year. Keep him as a trade chip.
My anus is killing me!
Never heard of that, any sources?
We do have the mini-MLE available to us though. The mini-MLE is reserved for teams under the cap. This is $2.5 mil.
Once again, for those who didn't really follow that CBA roundabout: the 2011/12 luxury tax threshold is set at $70.3M, the full mid-level exception is available for all non taxpayers which means for all teams with cap under $70.3M; our salary cap without Billups' contract wiped off the books and Turiaf's $4M deal being traded and with Chandler's contract of $14M this season, Jeffries' minimum contract of $1.4M, Shumpert's possible contract of $1M and Harrellson's minimum contract of $0.5M reaches a total value of $58.1M, which is almost $12M below the luxury tax threshold which makes us a non taxpayer and that means we have full mid-level exception rights within our hands.
edit: we just waived Brown and short after he signed with the Bobcats.
Last edited by Weissenberg; Dec 09, 2011 at 18:22.
we should give him a better deal...smh
Damn. Knicks sign the Giraffe for $1.4 and offer Extra E less?
that's just plain stupid, but I assume a direct miniscule brain-power
endorsement from Mike Antoni... watch the Nyets pick him up for a
few rubles more... we need his 3's more than we need the Giraffe's...
offense... defense... flops... neck stretch percentage?
someone in NYK management is a fool for the city,
and i'm not talking Foghat!
- Non-Taxpayer Middle Exception: set at $5M in years 1 and 2, growing 3% annually thereafter; maximum contract lenght of 4 years; can be used every year.
- Taxpayer Middle Exception: set at $3M in year 1, growing 3% annually thereafter; maximum contract lenght of 3 years, can be used every year.
- Mid Level Exception for Room Teams: A new exception is available for teams that use Room under the Salary Cap (and therefore forfeit their Non-Taxpayer Middle Exception and Bi-Annual Exceptions). The exceptions allows a team using Room to thereafter sign one or more free agents to a contract with a total first year salary up to $2.5M and up to 2 years in lenght. Exception amount to grow 3% annually.
We've started this offseason with a salary above the cap (around $60M), which means we had our full MLE rights. We amnestied Billups and traded Turiaf and our cap dicreased to a $42M level and we lost our full MLE. Our next move was to sign Chandler, Shumpert and Harrellson and resign Jeffries which made our cap increase up to $59M and that is again above the cap, but we won't regain our full MLE? It's a nonsense that makes rich getting richer and doesn't make the league more competitive at all...
It is looking like we will sign-and-trade for Chandler. If this is true, this is great news for two reasons. 1.) We wil have the full MLE ($5 mil) and 2.) We save the amnesty.
1) Use the full MLE on Jason Richardson and Sign Baron Davis with the bi annual exception
2) Use the full MLE on Jason Richardson and trade Ronnie Turiaf to Charlotte for DJ Augustine
But most likely we
Sign Carlos Arroyo and keep it moving sadly
****Update: Now it seems we will amnesty Billups but still sign-and-trade for Chandler so Dallas can get a $12 mil Traded Player Exception.***
F#ck!! This screws us and gives Dallas something for nothing. Can we get somebody in the Knicks organization that knows how to negotiate and not bend over and take it in the *ss for every team?!?! Damn we are a desperate organization.