Pfffff. Heat want Chauncey.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
With Tyson Chandler on the verge of signing w/NY, Miami is looking into ways of acquiring Chauncey Billups, league sources tell SI.

Chris Mannix via Twitter.

He'd be massive for them. I don't buy in to it, but if it happened, the rivalry is reborn with a whole new sense of seething hatred.

****ing Riley.

Cretin.

KingCharles34

All Star
I hate to say it but Miami will win the East with him unless the Knicks and Bulls can finish up free agency real strong

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I hate to say it but Miami will win the East with him unless the Knicks and Bulls can finish up free agency real strong
they would be a million times better with a center and lebron running point forward than with chauncey. you can get a better shooter for a handful of change. if you're looking for the clutch factor, you probably shouldn't have built around lbj lol.

mafra

Legend
I get the feeling NYK will trade Billups back home. Send him to DEN along with a player like Walker or Brown.

Billups + Walker for Miller. Knick send 15 mil and take back 8.

This allows them to keep Turiaf and still 3 mil to play with. Sign Shumpert and another player.

DEN does this because both Miller & Billups have expiring deals. CB is a local kid, wants to be part of the org long term after he retires. They do a solid by CB, and get a young player in return. Lawson is their starting PG anyway.

Win-Win for both players.

Billups going to MIA encounters the same stumbling block Davis to NY has... Not up to the player. If a team bids on the player, CB & BD have no choice in the matter.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I get the feeling NYK will trade Billups back home. Send him to DEN along with a player like Walker or Brown.

Billups + Walker for Miller. Knick send 15 mil and take back 8.

This allows them to keep Turiaf and still 3 mil to play with. Sign Shumpert and another player.

DEN does this because both Miller & Billups have expiring deals. CB is a local kid, wants to be part of the org long term after he retires. They do a solid by CB, and get a young player in return. Lawson is their starting PG anyway.

Win-Win for both players.

Billups going to MIA encounters the same stumbling block Davis to NY has... Not up to the player. If a team bids on the player, CB & BD have no choice in the matter.
would denver take cb in a 3way for ty chandler? i don't love the idea of swapping him for miller just to free up a few mil right now.

mafra

Legend
would denver take cb in a 3way for ty chandler? i don't love the idea of swapping him for miller just to free up a few mil right now.

DAL doesn't want any contract beyond this season. Wouldn't count on them getting involved (unless we still had Brewer, who they have now anyway).

I think DEN might do it. Karl & DEN front office respect Billups. They get another player along with him (Walker, Brown or Turiaf).

It could work. BUt don't expect another team getting involved, unless DAL is some team wants Turiaf. Could Dallas get involved? Sure, if they like Turiaf.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
DAL doesn't want any contract beyond this season. Wouldn't count on them getting involved (unless we still had Brewer, who they have now anyway).

I think DEN might do it. Karl & DEN front office respect Billups. They get another player along with him (Walker, Brown or Turiaf).

It could work. BUt don't expect another team getting involved, unless DAL is some team wants Turiaf. Could Dallas get involved? Sure, if they like Turiaf.
turiaf doesnt have to be involved. with barrea leaving and kidd joining aarp maybe they'll want andre. maybe they like wil.

mafra

Legend
turiaf doesnt have to be involved. with barrea leaving and kidd joining aarp maybe they'll want andre. maybe they like wil.

That's true.

Man, if DEN would take back Billups... SWEET!

Miller plus extra cap space!

maybe we still get HIll for SG. At least we would have about 3 mill to offer to 1-2 players.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
That's true.

Man, if DEN would take back Billups... SWEET!

Miller plus extra cap space!

maybe we still get HIll for SG. At least we would have about 3 mill to offer to 1-2 players.
is this your alternative to chandler? i thought we had to clear up ~14 mil to add him.

mafra

Legend
is this your alternative to chandler? i thought we had to clear up ~14 mil to add him.

Well, tha's true. Chandler replaces Billups salary. We still would have to deal Turiaf, just to sign Shumpert and add another free agent PG.

Miller only works if Turiaf, Walker, Balkman are included.

I would hate to see a player like Billups go to the Heat...our rivals. That would just be insane. If that happened we better have a decent replacement at the PG.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I read players on amnesty waivers essentially go through a silent auction. In Chauncey's case I'm almost certain theres a team willing to offer more than Miami possibly could. Hopefully the same is true with Baron Davis and the Knicks.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I read players on amnesty waivers essentially go through a silent auction. In Chauncey's case I'm almost certain theres a team willing to offer more than Miami possibly could. Hopefully the same is true with Baron Davis and the Knicks.

This is accurate. Amnestied players have no say so over where they end up (which is why CB is pisssssed). Also, lottery teams get the first opportunity to bid on the player's contract.