The Official Welcome Tyson Chandler Thread

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Yes it's not a done deal but I am confident it will get done.

With the addition of Tyson we have the best frontcourt in the NBA! Defense, rebounding and boatloads of scoring! Great pickup for The Knicks!

C7' 1", 235 lbs
BornOct 2, 1982 in Hanford, CA (Age: 29)
Drafted2001: 1st Rnd, 2nd by LAC
CollegeNone
Experience10 years

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Number 8! From Dominquez High Schooool! Tysoooooooon Chandluh!!!!!!!! *and the Garden goes wild* :gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
what? best frontcourt in the nba? LMAO

Amare - no defence
Carmelo - no defence

get real people and stop embarrasing yourselves.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
what? best frontcourt in the nba? LMAO

Amare - no defence
Carmelo - no defence

get real people and stop embarrasing yourselves.

Please dude, all your posts are negative trolls about the Knicks on a Knick forum. Melo and STAT are two top 10-12(Melo is def top 10) players in the league and CHandler is second only to D12 at the center position right now. Name a team with a better frontcourt...

Red

TYPE-A
I don't like celebrating before the results are in.

Too many players using us as leverage

Cp3 was a laker, then not, then...

This deal is contingent on Turiaf being traded

We had grant hill then we didn't, then...

And yeah IF this were to happen, YES we will have the best front court in the NBA. I challenge anyone to name another.

Bosh-James-Haslem?

Durant-Ibaka-Perkins?

Who?

Maybe Pierce-Green-Garnett? Don't think so...

fender0577

Rotation player
Now the knicks are back, i almost cried when i heard this last night.As nice as CP3 is, i have been straving to get Tyson chandler here, second best defensive center in the NBA.PS I will really Dominate NBA 2k12 now, HA HA.

Last edited:

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Please dude, all your posts are negative trolls about the Knicks on a Knick forum. Melo and STAT are two top 10-12(Melo is def top 10) players in the league and CHandler is second only to D12 at the center position right now. Name a team with a better frontcourt...

Los Angeles Lakers.

nyk_nyk

All Star
It's been a long time and not since Camby have we had (once he signs) a legitimate center to rely on. I love that Amare can just focus on playing PF and we'll no longer allow average PF C guys to get their career highs on us.

Only thing is we have a real problem at PG now. I pray to the baketball gods that Shump turns out to be a surprise in the mold of Rondo. The kid says he can play the 1 or 2. We'll see soon enough.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
With that frontcourt they went to finals 3 times winning 2 rings. I think that speaks for itself.

And I meant Bynum/Gasol/Odom of course.

I'm not saying that Chandler/Melo/Amare is bad but come on they haven't played one game together yet. It may work if Amare and Carmelo become better defenders, but I seriously doubt that will happen, especially If we consider fact that our coach doesn't include defence in his gameplan.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
We have needed a legitimate center for the longest time and having Tyson Chandler would fill a huge hole that we have needed for ages.

The quality of the average big man in the league has been steadily decreasing for the past ten years. It has been getting harder and harder to find a decent big man who can rebound and play defense. Tyson Chandler fills a HUGE hole - anybody who watched the Mavericks, myself included (I went to a game at American Airlines arena when I was traveling in Dallas), knows that Tyson Chandler was the reason the Mavs finally got their championship - he was THAT much better than Brendan Haywood.

I'm not sure whether or not the signing will work out in the long-term but I'm finally beginning to grasp why the Knicks would do something like this. A superstar player like Chris Paul is amazing to have, yes, but the Mavericks won with ONE superstar and a bunch of roleplayers because they had an elite big man who could shut down the drives to the basket and a bunch of roleplayers who did well.

If we picked up Chris Paul we would be an amazing team, no doubt about it. Probably win 65 games in the regular season. But we would still get ABUSED down low by any team with a PF who is even close to competent. If we play a lineup of Shumpert, Fields, Melo, Amar'e, and Chandler, we have good defense in the backcourt, OK defense on the wings (Melo is good when he actually tries), and one of the league's better defensive big men patrolling the paint, and that's something we haven't been able to say since the days of Patrick.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
With that frontcourt they went to finals 3 times winning 2 rings. I think that speaks for itself.

And I meant Bynum/Gasol/Odom of course.

I'm not saying that Chandler/Melo/Amare is bad but come on they haven't played one game together yet. It may work if Amare and Carmelo become better defenders, but I seriously doubt that will happen, especially If we consider fact that our coach doesn't include defence in his gameplan.

Ask yourself why on a Knick forum in a thread that should be something to celebrate you are the only one being negative. :barf:

It's an easily observable pattern...

and how is Carmelo doing in NBA finals? oh wait he hasn't been there, and never will be.

Why should we get respect? Only two teams in NBA are worse on defence than us.

sure we can win 4 in a row...in a summer league lol

etc.

etc.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Another lockout shortened season and another revamped Knicks team poised to take the league by surprise. I think we can overachieve with Tyson filling up the middle since it allows Melo and STAT to do what they do best. Hopefully we can nab Baron Davis!

la2ny

Starter
Yeah, I don't want to count eggs before they hatch, but it'll be refreshing seeing a legit 7 footer on the floor for a change. Also has any of you guys forgot about Kurt Thomas, maybe he can replace Turiaf?