Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dolan Thinks those Nets are Joking? D12 to Nets?

Default Dolan Thinks those Nets are Joking? D12 to Nets?

Great, now it begins, Nets offering Lopez and 2 first round picks (a real trade deal, not belly button lint) to Orlando for Dwight Howard.

And Chris Paul is a Laker...

#basketball reasons

Originally Posted by la2ny
    And Chris Paul is a Laker...

#basketball reasons
    we're not gonna be lucky enuff that Stern steps in to directly save us this time. Or somehow steps in and makes sure D12 gets traded to the Knicks. It's not gonna happen. D-12 is gonna pair with D-Will and now we're screwed.

Superstar

Even if the nets get howard and we get tyson, the knicks still have a better team, and im from brooklyn.

Originally Posted by fender0577
    Even if the nets get howard and we get tyson, the knicks still have a better team, and im from brooklyn.
    I dunno B, Dwight is almost like 2 stars in one. Plus, after this shortened season, Nets will have room for better veterans next year, who will wanna play with a smart D-Will, Superman, in a new stadium, and for coach Avery Johnson. Knicks will be scrambling for a new coach, we'll probably still be terrible on D....

I dunno, I'm just really worried about D12 going to the Nets. And not just for the short term, for the long term, I dont think Knicks ownership is taking the Nets organization seriously. I hate the idea of some team coming into our borders and making a fool of us......maybe I'm just overreacting....

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    I dunno B, Dwight is almost like 2 stars in one. Plus, after this shortened season, Nets will have room for better veterans next year, who will wanna play with a smart D-Will, Superman, in a new stadium, and for coach Avery Johnson. Knicks will be scrambling for a new coach, we'll probably still be terrible on D....

I dunno, I'm just really worried about D12 going to the Nets. And not just for the short term, for the long term, I dont think Knicks ownership is taking the Nets organization seriously. I hate the idea of some team coming into our borders and making a fool of us......maybe I'm just overreacting....
    This will always be the Knicks city. The Brooklynettes certainly look good with Howard and Dwill but a core of Melo, Amare and Chandler will be fine.

Superstar

I just think Tyson fits exactly what we need, a good 7footer who thinks defense first and he will add years to STAT.As with the nets signing people next year there is gaurantee that will happen.Looking at the teams today if both players sign, we have the better team.Tyson just announced he is signing with the knicks.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    This will always be the Knicks city. The Brooklynettes certainly look good with Howard and Dwill but a core of Melo, Amare and Chandler will be fine.
    people wear Kobe and Jordan jerseys in this town. I've seen it. Don't think people aren't gonna jump all over Dwight + D-Will. And they have that fake marketing campaign about Jay-Z "bringing the Nets to Brooklyn", it's insulting and they will fall for it.....maybe I'm afraid of change lol, I'm just used to the Nets being terrible and irrelevant and I think it should stay that way lollll

A bit.

We beat D12 and Orlando without a true center last year, and they had Nelson plus more.

We beat D Will and the Nets, and he had Lopez again with no true center.

Hate to say it, but with D'Antoni plus defense, teams will struggle to keep up with us. We win on two fronts.

Orlando has stated that they are not going to just let Dwight dictate where he goes and that they are not losing him for nothing....both proclamations sound like they are nixintg any deal to The Nets

Just like CP3 wanted to be a Knick does not mean that is the only place he re-up his deal!

The Lakers can offer up a much, much better package than New Jersey could!

Andrew Bynum,Matt Barnes and Gasol plus either a first rounder or taking back Hedo's contract (maybe both) gets this deal done!

Fisher
    Kobe
    Artest(refuse to use new name)
    Odom
    Howard

Equals NBA Championship(s)

Orlando

Nelson
    Reddick
    Q-Rich
    Gasol
    Bynum

A 5th seed in the East (no different than if Howard stayed put) with about 25 million in cap room after resigning Bynum next year to keep rebuilding.

or they end up with Brook Lopez and two late first rounders, you be the judge

tampering charges coming up for Brooklyn and Houston

Uh oh!

he New Jersey Nets met with Dwight Howard Thursday night in a move that would be a violation of the league's tampering rules, according to multiple sources.

Howard
    Howard met with Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov and the Nets general manager Billy King in Miami, sources said. Howard was joined by a few business associates.

The meeting violates the NBA's tampering rules because Howard's current team, the Orlando Magic, did not know about the meeting or give the Nets permission to meet with Howard, according to the sources.

NBA.com reported that the Magic are considering filing tampering charges against two teams, one being the Nets. SI.com reported that the other team is the Houston Rockets.

The meeting was the first between Howard and the Nets but the second between Howard's representatives and the Nets.

At the meeting, the group discussed a deal in which Howard would be traded to New Jersey. The plan was for Howard to ask Orlando to trade him Friday morning.

Sources said the Magic had been discussing a possible trade with New Jersey the past few days but that nothing had been agreed to.
    What a crazy year for the NBA!

Originally Posted by quiggle
    tampering charges coming up for Brooklyn and Houston
    just bout to post about it....No way they trade him to either team now!

I have always respected Billy Kings, how does he do something so foolish.

Read my above post on why The Lakers are the front runners

Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Uh oh!

What a crazy year for the NBA!
    Yeah and this is just Day 1!!!!!!

psuh hard for the Nets, because if they get better no doubt youll see more of Beyonce whose hotter than LaLa