Amnesty Thread: Who will we pick up

portega1968

El Cacique
First ones out there:

Vince Carter
Gilbert Arenas

Let's post other names that are amnesty-ied and who you want on our roster if they are not claimed by under-the-cap teams.

I think Vince Carter would fit in nicely as our starting SG.

la2ny

Starter
Yeah i considered VC too. Having Laundry come off the bench would be best for us and him.

Wargames

Starter
I think Rip would of been perfect due to his ability to catch and shoot off of screens (which is what the Knicks need their SG to do most of all) but with Billups gone by amnesty I doubt he even thinks about the Knicks.

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
I think we should see what VC still has left in his tank. I don't think B.Diddy and Arena's are good pickups. B.Diddy still might have something left but his chucking definitely gets me worried. Arena's may have learned from the whole situation from Washington but the last thing this team needs is another head case. That brings drama to this franchise. I suggest we wait to see who else get's amnestied before we jump on what's out there right now.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
were not getting anyone. whoever gets amnestied is either 1) not worth our time or 2) will cost more than we can give them...remember its more like waivers than FA.

smokes

Huge Member
Lol I posted a thread on VC and everyone shot it down. Least there's a few people who think he's viable.

I'd love RIP but no way he will be passed up by all the teams ahead of us. Baron is also in the amnesty pile isn't he? Again it's pretty unlikely any of these nice vets are gonna be passed on by 20ish teams.

Wargames

Starter
Lol I posted a thread on VC and everyone shot it down. Least there's a few people who think he's viable.

I'd love RIP but no way he will be passed up by all the teams ahead of us. Baron is also in the amnesty pile isn't he? Again it's pretty unlikely any of these nice vets are gonna be passed on by 20ish teams.

Actually the rumor is the reason he hasn't been waived so far is he is working on a deal to remove some of the money owed him by the Cav's in order to be a complete FA and thus be able to avoid the waiver wire completely. This way the Cav's can then use their Amnesty on Antwan Jamison instead and remove 30 million from the cap this year going into next years FA class that is full of role players to put around their young PG. Add in Gilbert's letter on CP3 and you could see why they're probably going to wait a few days before the Cav's release their current starting PG to go play for the Knicks.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2011/12/cleveland_cavaliers_say_baron.html

This of course makes sense since Baron seems to really want to come to NY and play. His P'n'R game and alley oops would likely earn him one more decent contract if he played as NY's PG and he wouldn't need anything over the Vet Min for 2 years.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks/post/_/id/7182/source-knicks-are-targeting-baron-davis

The Knicks FO probably know this but Gilberts Snippy email means the deal has to wait so the Knicks are just going to go through the motions until Baron becomes available.

Wargames

Starter
Does he wanna come to NY? Last I heard he wanted to go to the Lakers.

idk this is a weird free agency I hear Vince Carter is going to the Mavs....

but hey that espn report is from today so who knows, plus the Knicks are in communication with his agent.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Hamilton got bought out and most likely ends up in Chicago

Davis is getting bought out and will end up here or Miami since the Lakers are working on getting Paul still

Wargames

Starter
Hamilton got bought out and most likely ends up in Chicago

Davis is getting bought out and will end up here or Miami since the Lakers are working on getting Paul still

Hamilton on the Bulls is more dangerous than Crawford because he plays defense well enough to be a starter and not a sixth man.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think we need to get Rip Hamilton and let Iman Shumpert run the show with Fields, Douglas, Williams, Jeffries and Jordan off the bench.

I look at how Pierce/Allen compliment each other so well and I can see Hamilton/Anthony doing the same exact thing, Shumpert will be our Rondo, but bigger and more explosive less passing ability but he can get better with STAT and Chandler being the KG/Perk of our team

Shumpert
Hamilton
Anthony
Stoudemire
Chandler

Thats 6'6-6'7-6'8-6'11-7'1 with out defense starting strong at the 1 and finishing strong at the 5 and our offense being fluent in between