Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Warriors Waive Jeremy Lin

  1. #1
    Member TheChosen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    6

    Default Warriors Waive Jeremy Lin

    Warriors Waive Jeremy Lin, Preparing Offer Sheet For Jordan

    Dec 09, 2011 6:26 PM EST

    The Warriors have waived Jeremy Lin, sources have confirmed.


    Lin was pulled from practice on Friday and informed of the decision.


    Golden State's decision was due to salary cap reasons in their efforts to make a run at DeAndre Jordan.

    Via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    I think the Knicks should really look into this kid. At least as a back up. We can get him on this team for very cheap. Even if we can bring him into training camp just to see what he has to offer.

  2. #2
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Interesting. I could be down for Lin man. He surprised a lot of people when he had that big game for Harvard against UConn a couple of years ago. I remember watching that game..Then he played real well in the summer league after going undrafted (for the Warriors I believe), going toe-to-toe with John Wall one game, even outplaying Wall that game if I remember right...He definitely could be an option on the cheap. Thanks for sharing this info bro.

    A guy I really starting thinking about was Patrick Mills. Then I just read a little while ago that he signed a deal to go play in China with no out clause not too long ago. I missed that. Signed that 1-yr deal in China for only between $1-1.5M. Wow. That's peanuts..****, I would've given Patty that to come here. Personally, I think he's got some nice talent.

    I heard someone mention Jarrett Jack's name on this board yesterday somewhere. I always thought he was a pretty good player.

    I know you guys are gonna laugh but 2 other guys we could go get right now are 6'3" Ben Hansbrough or 6'1" Curtis Jerrells. Both are playing in Europe right now. So is 6'3" DL MVP and DL champion from last yr Curtis Stinson. We ain't talking Magic Johnson here with any of these guys but I think any of these 3 could come in here and give us solid mins running some point. Knicks should be on the phone checking in with the agents of all 3 of these guys.
    Last edited by finestrg; Dec 09, 2011 at 20:46.

  3. #3
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Sorry, forget Jack. Just checked -- he's not a FA. New Orleans owes this guy $10+M over the next 2 seasons.
    Last edited by finestrg; Dec 09, 2011 at 20:45.

  4. #4
    Member WNY_Knickfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rochester
    Posts
    453
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Agree, I like all 3 pgs you mentioned, sometimes with right surrounding pieces you don't even need anything amazing out of your pg, just be solid, hard working and able to hit when open. I remember like, Ime Udoka, nothing great but after we gave him a shot he latched on with the Spurs for awhile I believe just because he was solid. I realize the guy I am about to mention is regarded as a top QB in the NFL, but I think Roethlisberger... guys had good defenses and running game and has basically been asked to be solid and not blow it. That's all we really need right now in my opinion. Besides I'm a bigger fan of a Hansbrough or Stinson or Jerrells who I can watch grow and I feel more confident would be very appreciative of the opportunity like a Shawne Williams from last year and work hard and not take it for granted, than say an Arenas or Bibby who I don't want. I know they can shoot it a little but idk man, I'd prefer to roll with a guy that can defend a bit and is on the upswing than a guy that can shoot the 3 and... not much else

  5. #5
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    736
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by WNY_Knickfan
    Agree, I like all 3 pgs you mentioned, sometimes with right surrounding pieces you don't even need anything amazing out of your pg, just be solid, hard working and able to hit when open. I remember like, Ime Udoka, nothing great but after we gave him a shot he latched on with the Spurs for awhile I believe just because he was solid. I realize the guy I am about to mention is regarded as a top QB in the NFL, but I think Roethlisberger... guys had good defenses and running game and has basically been asked to be solid and not blow it. That's all we really need right now in my opinion. Besides I'm a bigger fan of a Hansbrough or Stinson or Jerrells who I can watch grow and I feel more confident would be very appreciative of the opportunity like a Shawne Williams from last year and work hard and not take it for granted, than say an Arenas or Bibby who I don't want. I know they can shoot it a little but idk man, I'd prefer to roll with a guy that can defend a bit and is on the upswing than a guy that can shoot the 3 and... not much else
    Couldn't agree more man. Absolutely -- gimme some young player with potential I can really get behind and watch grow over some retread any day of the week.

    Hansbrough has the same toughness and grittiness that his brother has. Right off the bat, that's a huge plus. This dude's a bulldog. Now you factor in the skill level (where he even surpasses his brother Tyler imo) -- he can handle it well enough, passes it well, penetrates and he can absolutely shoot the lights outta that damn ball from deep. He's an NBA player imho and definitely someone that would fit in our system under our coach. He's really everything we need in a PG for this system really..Some people wanna focus on what he can't do or one bad game he may have had in colllege -- not me man. I focus on positives and I know for a fact this kid has many. Pluses far outweigh any minuses. Here's a clip of Hansbrough outplaying Kemba Walker last year before the refs fouled him outta this game early. I mean this was in Kemba's gym for Christ's sake:



    Honestly, with Curtis Jerrells, I don't see any seperation in talent from Brandon Jennings. Both athletic scoring lefty points. This kid's still young too (2 yrs younger than Toney Douglas actually). Jerrells has been flying well under the radar for a couple of yrs now and I honestly don't have the slightest idea why. Definitely not a lack of talent issue, that's for sure. What I esp. like is that's he's had some nice success for KK Partizan, even winning a title with that Euro. team recently. I know Euro. ball isn't the NBA but winning a title in whatever league you're playing in has gotta say something...He wouldn't even have to come in here and play the same way offensively -- he'd actually have it a lot easier here than what he's been used to. All he would have to do is distribute the ball primarily, get out and push the ball with those young legs, play D and just be a 3rd, 4th or 5th threat offensively if and when plays break down and depending on who's on the floor with him at any given time. That's it. And not for anything, like I 've been saying about this kid recently, I actually like the idea of having a scoring point on the floor. The last thing you want is for defenses to key in on Melo and STAT -- you want other guys out there that are capable of scoring the ball...Why are we talking about a well-past his prime Mike Bibby when this kid's out there? Raise your hand if you think we'd be better off with a retread like Mike Bibby running the team over this kid. Here's highlights from Partizan, the DL (Austin Toros) and Baylor University:





    There aren't that may highlight clips out there for Curtis Stinson so just trust me on this guy. Nothing spectacular or flashy but he's capable of getting the job done. Very meat-and-potatoes type of PG. Picture something in the Anthony Carter-mold only this guy's younger, stronger and a better floor general. Has always played good D wherever he's been, college or the NBDL, either for the Iowa Cyclones or the Iowa Energy..I'd prefer Hansbrough or Jerrells more if I had a choice (see that's what kills me about this situation -- there's actually a choice of good quality PG options out there for the Knicks right now on the cheap, not just one guy. The Knicks aren't looking hard enough!!), but this guy would also be a nice pickup.

    I can't wait to see who we invite to training camp.
    Last edited by finestrg; Dec 10, 2011 at 10:19.

  6. #6
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    Warriors Waive Jeremy Lin, Preparing Offer Sheet For Jordan

    Dec 09, 2011 6:26 PM EST

    The Warriors have waived Jeremy Lin, sources have confirmed.


    Lin was pulled from practice on Friday and informed of the decision.


    Golden State's decision was due to salary cap reasons in their efforts to make a run at DeAndre Jordan.

    Via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]



    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    I think the Knicks should really look into this kid. At least as a back up. We can get him on this team for very cheap. Even if we can bring him into training camp just to see what he has to offer.
    Lin is under rated, we should pick him up....nice find!

  7. #7
    Member TheChosen1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    363
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Awesome. Good to see the Knicks giving this kid a chance. Will be a solid back up for us until we recover from our PG injuries. Nice!

  8. #8
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    The Real Find....bunmp

  9. #9
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    This is as comedic as it is fantastic.

    I can't resist the temptation to go on a Warriors board and just let them know all about it.

    I'm going in! I could be some time.

  10. #10
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,071
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    OMG, so much fun, LMAO.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    OMG, so much fun, LMAO.
    dude this is freaking hilarious and i havent even gotten to the lakers game yet. you just made my day. obviously not going to my 930am because i have to sit here and read this.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    497
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    "But he didn't know space on the floor, where to go. Watching some of their games, because we're getting ready to get on a trip to go out to New York, you see that he's getting it. He knows where to go. How deep does he drive, what pass needs to be made? These are all things the staff, myself, tried to teach last year and he finally has put it all together."

    yup. this is all on gsw's staff.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,301
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    The GS Warriors since the years of "TMC" has never had a weak roster of
    guards in their backcourt....Starks/Spree/B.Davis

    Its very hard to compete for the 3rd & 4th spot in the guard rotation in GS
    when the judges are the starters "Curry & Ellis"

Similar Threads

  1. David Lee S&T with Warriors
    By buffalochip in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jul 07, 2010, 21:56
  2. Monte Ellis Being Shopped....
    By Toons in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Nov 06, 2008, 23:28
  3. Replies: 76
    Last Post: Jan 31, 2008, 19:05
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: Mar 03, 2007, 14:37
  5. Replies: 14
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2005, 18:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •