Knicks To Send Low Salary Player To Mavs In Chandler S&T

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Tyson-Chandler-Knicks.png

The Knicks will acquire Tyson Chandler from Dallas via a sign-and-trade.

The Mavericks will acquire a sizable trade exception in the process. The first year of Chandler's deal with the Knicks will be more than $12 million.

Dallas intends to be players in the 2012 free agency market and this acquisition will give them an extra asset.

The Mavericks will also receive a low-salaried player from the Knicks.

Please don't be Landry Fields!

Hopefully it'll be Walker, Rautins or Brown.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...y_Doing_Chandler_Sign_And_Trade#ixzz1g6aRIvMQ

☆ Sorry if this has been posted already.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crazy⑧s;188841 said:
Tyson-Chandler-Knicks.png

The Knicks will acquire Tyson Chandler from Dallas via a sign-and-trade.

The Mavericks will acquire a sizable trade exception in the process. The first year of Chandler's deal with the Knicks will be more than $12 million.

Dallas intends to be players in the 2012 free agency market and this acquisition will give them an extra asset.

The Mavericks will also receive a low-salaried player from the Knicks.

Please don't be Landry Fields!

Hopefully it'll be Walker, Rautins or Brown.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...y_Doing_Chandler_Sign_And_Trade#ixzz1g6aRIvMQ

☆ Sorry if this has been posted already.

We keep our MLE now most likely its Rautins, Walker or Balkman

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Huh? Hopefully I'm wrong again... but I don't think we keep out MLE. We still hafta amnesty billups, they aren't getting billups and low salary player in swap, they are getting trade exception and low salary player. Which means unless we are stupid it's not rautins, we dump the higher salaried balkman rather than the makes by nba standards nothing rautins.

Wargames

Starter
Ok this is being said to be a rumor the Turiaf trade allows the Knicks to sign him outright without any help from the mavs. Also we may have some extra money left over from the Turiaf deal in the TPE. I'm not sure but I think 3 million. So in theory this extra money could be used to round out the roster by signing S. Williams to a multi year deal and maybe gaining another player as well as the 2.5 MLE.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Ok this is being said to be a rumor the Turiaf trade allows the Knicks to sign him outright without any help from the mavs. Also we may have some extra money left over from the Turiaf deal in the TPE. I'm not sure but I think 3 million. So in theory this extra money could be used to round out the roster by signing S. Williams to a multi year deal and maybe gaining another player as well as the 2.5 MLE.

I think we can use the full MLE since the MLE states you can use it if a signing takes you over the cap, the 2.5MLE is for luxury tax teams only shockingly the Knicks are in the luxury tax

portega1968

El Cacique
Dont understand how the mavs get the tpe, and if we are still amnestying billups... and hell yeah it better be kiyaman's favorite tazmanian who gets shipped to the mavs and not our rooks

I still don't get why Dallas doesn't want Billups? They get a solid replacement for JJ Barea and he is an expiring contract. I really want us to save our Amnesty and not waste it on an expiring contract. But oh well at least with this trade we can still keep the MLE.

moneyg

Starter
not sure who is this player would be. i dont think dallas has a need for balkman. we might have a need....considering we are going more defensive now.. but i think jeffereies will be the fist big off the bench...

i think its gonna be rautins... which hasnt showed anything.. hopefully billy walker can show some improvement.. that would help out the 2 spot a great deal.....

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think we can use the full MLE since the MLE states you can use it if a signing takes you over the cap, the 2.5MLE is for luxury tax teams only shockingly the Knicks are in the luxury tax

We do not have the full MLE. The full MLE is reserved for teams over the cap and under the luxury tax. The half-MLE is available for teams under the cap. The mini-MLE ($3 mil) is for teams over the luxury tax.

We only have the half-MLE available. We can only spend $2.5 mil on another player, not $5mil.

Wargames

Starter
Why are we doing a sign Nd trade with mavs. Where was the benefit to the knicks un that trade? Please tell me it wasnt si the knicks could pay tyson more...

finestrg

Rotation player
Rautins is traded do Dallas as a part of the deal according to Alan Hahn.

Weird...I mean we finally DID find a taker for Turiaf in the 11th hour with Washington...Which means we cleared all the necessary cap room to sign Chandler outright now, no? That was the 'Plan A,' right? Then why are we going ahead with plan B, the S&T for Chandler? Makes no sense. I feel like we may have jumped the gun on this trade..You do the S&T once you exhaust ALL POSSIBLE trade possibilities for Turiaf, not before..Not that big a deal I suppose but WTF man, I feel like we just gave away Rautins for nothing here when we may not have had to.

Here we are talking about signing Mike Bibby -- I just looked at this guys stats from last yr in Miami. You know in 20 playoff games (a total of 414 mins logged) he only went to the FT line 4 times. Is that nuts or what? 4 TIMES! Wow. Oh yeah, even though he was good from 3 during the regular season for the Heat (44% I believe) he only shot 20-something % from the field (total AND from 3) in the playoffs. This guy's a far cry from the Mike Bibby of old man. I mean Miami needs a PG and they were content to let this guy go. I tell ya right now, Rautins could've given us more than that. Bibby (at this stage of his career) & Rautins are the same type of players really (not true PGs, more spot up shooters that can bring the ball up), only Rautins is bigger, younger and would've been cheaper. We actually drafted Rautins ahead of Landry, man. Too bad he never got a shot here.

Last edited:

finestrg

Rotation player
Why are we doing a sign Nd trade with mavs. Where was the benefit to the knicks un that trade? Please tell me it wasnt si the knicks could pay tyson more...

Maybe they have their eye on a guy they'd rather bring aboard and it's coming down to Rautins' salary getting in the way. Maybe they're looking to clear Rautins' salary in order to up their offer for Shawne Williams..I mean tell me something that..Otherwise, I can't swallow it.

Also, did I hear right - did we trade Turiaf for a trade exception? How much is that for - his entire salary? That could come in handy, no?

Last edited:

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Wow, I say its not gonna be Rautins and it is lol. I still don't get it at all though, if we sent Balkman thats like 2.1 mill or something... Rautins saves us like 780k

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Damn i thought Rautins can be a contributor for us to some extent. they announced it?
@andyrautins1: I had a great time in NY. Thank you to those who wished me well and supported me throughout my time here. Best of luck to my boys this year.

@HowardBeckNYT: Knicks trades are complete. It's a 3-team deal w/Dallas and Washington. NY sends Turiaf, 2013 2nd-rd pick and cash to Wizards.

Mavericks get Rautins from Knicks, Knicks get Chandler from Mavericks and Wizards get Turiaf and a pick from Knicks, the question is though: what Wizards send to Dallas?

Last edited: