Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: I want Rip

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default I want Rip

    Guys the more I'm thinking about it the more I hope we grab Rip Hamilton I mean he is the perfect 2 guard for us, Fields would be better coming off the bench since he struggles with Melo in and with Rip in the fold it makes more potent offensively, earlier I stated how Pierce/Allen compliment each other so well, well we can get an even better duo in Anthony/Hamilton while Shumpert plays the Rondo role and STAT and Chandler defend the paint, its the perfect situation for our team to be in, hopefully my fantasy becomes a reality, if not at least I can do it in 2K

  2. #2
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Definitely but again, if he got amnestied then we have to hope that a lot of other teams pass on him which seems extremely unlikely.

    He would be a great fit on this team, veteran, championship experience, pretty good 3 point shooter to help spread the floor, good defender, great height and length for a 2... You can't go wrong with him but it's just so unlikely

  3. #3
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Definitely but again, if he got amnestied then we have to hope that a lot of other teams pass on him which seems extremely unlikely.

    He would be a great fit on this team, veteran, championship experience, pretty good 3 point shooter to help spread the floor, good defender, great height and length for a 2... You can't go wrong with him but it's just so unlikely
    He got bought out not amnestied so he can sign with whoever he wants, I'm thinking its between Chicago, maybe Dallas and possibly us

  4. #4
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    He got bought out not amnestied so he can sign with whoever he wants, I'm thinking its between Chicago, maybe Dallas and possibly us
    What on earth? There must be something up there surely? He is owed 12 million for the next 2 seasons and from my limited cap knowledge that stays on their books until the contract expires?

  5. #5
    Scoring Champ CA7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,869
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    What on earth? There must be something up there surely? He is owed 12 million for the next 2 seasons and from my limited cap knowledge that stays on their books until the contract expires?
    He wanted to be free to sign with any team instead of being picked up by a non contender so he sacrificed some money in order to be on a contender either way amnesty or not they'd owe him so to save money he gets bought out and they save some cash since they aren't in the luxury tax anyway

  6. #6
    Veteran Wargames's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,202
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by CA7
    He wanted to be free to sign with any team instead of being picked up by a non contender so he sacrificed some money in order to be on a contender either way amnesty or not they'd owe him so to save money he gets bought out and they save some cash since they aren't in the luxury tax anyway
    I really don't see him coming here after the whole billups "amnesty" move. But he would feast here as a scorer. Running through screens would work well because he wouldn't be the focus of the defense. Think open looks like Ray Allen had a few years ago. He wants to start thought and if fields is playi g better the Knicks won't guarantee him those minutes. The Bulls will though since Crawford is a Sixth man at his prime.

    Also who is the Knicks sixth man now? TD, Jefferies Or S. Williams?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •