Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Bibby To Sign with Knicks

Originally Posted by mafra
    I think we signed Bibby b/c we're confident T-Douglas is fine to run the point. he's had 2 years in the offense. Is healthy. Plays excellent defense. Can hit the 3. Remember a guy like Rondo, and what happened to his game when the talent around him improved?

Let's compare Rondo to Douglas, the first 2 years of their careers:

Minutes per game
    Rondo had 23:30 & 29:53
    Douglas had 19:23 & 24:18

Points per game
    Rondo had 6.4 & 10.6
    Douglas had 8.6 & 10.6

Assists per game
    Rondo had 3.8 & 5.1
    Douglas had 2.0 & 3.0

Steals per game
    Rondo had 1.6 & 1.7
    Douglas had 0.8 & 1.1

Turnovers per game
    Rondo had 1.8 & 1.9
    Douglas had 1.0 & 1.1

Rebounds per game
    Rondo had 3.7 & 4.2
    Douglas had 1.9 & 3.0

3-point shooting pct
    Rondo shot 20.7 & 26.3
    Douglas shot 38.9 & 37.3

*Although Rondo shot 48 total 3s his first 2 years, while Douglas shot about 560 of them.

Their FG% & FT% were pretty much dead even.

BOTH PLAYERS improved gradually, from season to season. Douglas improved his soph season & he played the entire year with a bum shoulder.

I think it's fair to expect Douglas to continue progressing. He is healthy, added 15 pounds of muscle.

Both players play GREAT defense.

Both players are basically the same size. Rondo the longer wingspan, while Douglas an inch taller.

Both were very good players in college.

Rondo saw his career take off when the Big-3 emerged in BOS. I expect the same thing to happen with Douglas, now that he's playing with one of the best front courts in the NBA.

Rondo was the better pure PG. A much better passer, But Douglas is a much better shooter (from downtown). Both can penetrate.

The key is: Will Douglas learn to be a pass-orientated PG. Facilitate? Run the p-&-r? We shall see.

Put, brace yourself. Our Big-3 might find out sometime in the upcoming post season, that we have a nother emerging star...
    good post....douglas just has to improve finding the open man, especially on fast breaks

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    good post....douglas just has to improve finding the open man, especially on fast breaks
    & isn't good at attacking the basket.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Red
    Douglas reminds me of Gallo in this way. Very frustrating.

When he does attack, he's quite successful and it looks like a natural skill set.

Arguably, this is why getting Barea in liu of Tony is optimal; Barea knows what he can do and is good at, and has a burning desire to commit to it.

I honestly view Tony as a richer man's Nate Robinson at the end of the day. That isn't a bad thing, but it is what it is.

Default Welcome The Bib

I, for one, welcome The Bib to NYC. looking forward to see him dishin and swishin, drivin and thrivin, droppin dimes and poppin threes in the garden of dreams! Poppa Hank, former NBA GREAT and a head coach, must be way proud, son! Basketball blood runs in the Bib's veins, he's smart and can easily thrive in the SSOL, AND make life easy for the best front line in the league, while helping Toney D, Laundry Folds and Sherbert along the way. as long as we keep Toney D, and not trade him for JJ Bare Heya, I think we're set (if we get JJ to take a 2-year deal w/out losing TD, all the better).

HEY! Mike the Bib's got his own website. Check out his bio and tell me this guy is not what we need:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

as AOL would say...Welcome! you've got male! (no homo)

Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    I, for one, welcome The Bib to NYC. looking forward to see him dishin and swishin, drivin and thrivin, droppin dimes and poppin threes in the garden of dreams! Poppa Hank, former NBA GREAT and a head coach, must be way proud, son! Basketball blood runs in the Bib's veins, he's smart and can easily thrive in the SSOL, AND make life easy for the best front line in the league, while helping Toney D, Laundry Folds and Sherbert along the way. as long as we keep Toney D, and not trade him for JJ Bare Heya, I think we're set (if we get JJ to take a 2-year deal w/out losing TD, all the better).

HEY! Mike the Bib's got his own website. Check out his bio and tell me this guy is not what we need:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

as AOL would say...Welcome! you've got male! (no homo)
    Agreed. Mike Bibby is a welcome addition to this KNicks team. Every team needs a shooter, and this guy can still stroke it (that's what she said). The fact is, Miami reached the NBA Finals with Bibby as their starting PG. Let's give this guy a chance.

Veteran

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    Agreed. Mike Bibby is a welcome addition to this KNicks team. Every team needs a shooter, and this guy can still stroke it (that's what she said). The fact is, Miami reached the NBA Finals with Bibby as their starting PG. Let's give this guy a chance.
    and hopefully our next sign is JJ who made bibby look like an old man

Originally Posted by skisloper
    and hopefully our next sign is JJ who made bibby look like an old man
    If we somehow get Bibby and JJ, we will have three guys who went to last year's NBA Finals on our team along with Tyson. Thats a helluva lot of championship experience right there.

Default champs

Originally Posted by MeloforMayor
    If we somehow get Bibby and JJ, we will have three guys who went to last year's NBA Finals on our team along with Tyson. Thats a helluva lot of championship experience right there.

true dat! folks talked bout Chauncey's championship experience, but those detroit days were 7 years removed.
    waive bye bye mr big shot! don't let that door hit ya in the (14M) amnestied a$$.

Originally Posted by Red
    dont agree with that. Douglas can drive, he is just not Rajon Rondo when he drives. Driving to the hoop is not his game but he can do it on fast breaks.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i like it we got a veteran to be in Douglas' ear to help keep him focused through a tough stretch or game. and helps off the bench

I hope Rick Bruson comes out of retirement so he could give the Knicks more players that have NBA finals experience.