Thread: Meanwhile in Venezuela

Default Meanwhile in Venezuela

We have the FIBA qualifying tournament going on with our guy Papanik .

Game 1 vs Jordan he put up some nice numbers
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Game 2 vs Puerto Rico he shoots 3-6.

Looking good..Vegas Odds that he ever steps on US soil with the knicks currently are are at 2:1.

Nice job thanks, i wanted to actually see our ghost pick play.

He seems to move without the ball well and find the open spaces on the floor, can run the floor and shoot pretty well and is more athletic than i thought.

Seems like a good pick for us if he comes over, plus his energy will go well with the garden crowd.

Nice thread, BillyHo!

You need to stick around, amigo. Can we trade you from your more visited site (presumably this is your 2nd option site) for some of the less desirables on here? You can keep your Bird rights, if you please.

Looks like he is not a starter over there

Originally Posted by dasilva1079
    Looks like he is not a starter over there
    Did you click on the second link? His name is starred and he played 34 minutes. Game 1 was against Jordan..not really a competitive team, so maybe they started their veterans or something.

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Nice thread, BillyHo!

You need to stick around, amigo. Can we trade you from your more visited site (presumably this is your 2nd option site) for some of the less desirables on here? You can keep your Bird rights, if you please.
    ha ha ha. I've been a loyal member of the KO Knicks bandwagon since we got good again in 2010, can't you see how loyal a frontrunner I am?

Nice find, I hope to see him in the olympic games on tv

People forget we also have the draft rights to Giorgio Printezis so we basically have the two best players on the Greek team.

Well in true knick fashion, our Nikobockers really laid an egg in the quarterfinal game, losing by one to Nigeria. Greece was the heavy favorite in this game.

Papaknick hit clutch 3 with 14 seconds left to take a 1 point lead, but they couldn't hold on. This means no trip to London for the greeks. Spanoulis dropped 25 though.

Odds of seeing this guy wear a knick uniform: 4:1.
    Last edited by BillyHoyle; Jul 07, 2012 at 01:50.

yeah, i saw how Balkmania's kicking ass for Puerto Rico, an inspiration to the team. seems like every NBA scrub becomes a hero in the Int'l league, like the foreign version of the d-league...

He seems to be sort of a step ahead of his teammates skill-wise

and did anyone notice Barea and Balkman in the second game? Greece still won though

really sucks how Greece was knocked out...I wanted to see our two draft picks play...oh well.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

I am LIVID and PISSED off the Puerto RIcan national's team poor defense.

Ramos is just such a piece of sh*t for being 7"3 with t-rex arms and having the laziest work ethic I ever seen since Eddy Curry. Dude is lucky to play with good point guards like Barea and Arroyo. Dude is 7"3 with no back to the basket game. I mean he has a game, but its frail and weak for a 7"3 285 lb man.

Santiago is old as f*ck, we seriously need to consider in bringing in Ricky Ledo, Mo Harkless and Victor Davila on the national team. We need use our most athletic men to be more impactful on the floor.

I hate the Arroyo/Barea backcourt. They can't play together and its bad for the defense.

It sucks to see such a talented roster like PR get knocked out because of the execution of the coach has an 8th grade basketball playbook. I hope he dies slow.

Well, we traded the rights to both the Greeks, so it looks like the Greek collapse didn't matter after all.... Kind of a bummer to think that the former Nikobockers may have played a role in ending Linsanity.