Bring Back Felton and it's a wrap

DrB

Benchwarmer
Thoughts

:crossfingers:
Yes for the first time in 5 years or so the focus has not been on next off season, but now, yet....you can't help but think about what we can do with a full MLE next off season.

At first glance people may want to finally reunite Nash and Dantoni (assuming he is does not get...well you know) but Nash will be like 38 or so and while I do not doubt he will stay play top notch ball, he is obviously not a long term solution

so I propose we bring back Felton,like Nash he is familar with Amare, but Nash has not played with Chandler Raymond has, also Raymond has thrived playing run and gun Dantoni ball and hard nosed Larry Brown type ball which is good if Mike is coach next year or when Dantoni is....well you know and a more defensive minded coach is brought back!

Plus if Shump does what I expect of him he will be starting over Feilds come the start of next year and he (Felton) and Shump in the backcourt would be serious defensively.

Felton
Shump
Melo
Stat
Chandler

sure Mia will call, but like I said Raymond was teamates with two of our starters (as well as friends off the court with both of them) and all jokes aside if Dantoni is back next year you gotta believe Raymond would take a deal over Mia. simpily because of how well he did in Mike D's offense,especially if it is for the same exact dollar amount, this time he would get a 4 or 5 year deal and we could even throw in a no trade clause for 2 years so he knows he has a stable home.

re-sign Toney and Feilds and this is now looking like a real team here!!!

Thoughts!?
I think that you are a knowledgeable fan...but what we want and what we get are two different things. I was a big FELTON fan when he was here and really played beyond what I expected. Having said that...1. NEVER can you win a Champanionship without a dominant center who can both defend and score. We now have that center in Chandler and frankly he's a better fit than Dwight Howard would have been.

2. Amare and Melo STILL have not played well similtaneously. They are never in the flow together and I got the feeling Amare deferred to Melo early on and then he was badly hurt for the playoffs. The way Amare was fouled after his 30 plus string of games will not happen again with Chandler as an enforcer on the court. Turiaf could not score from 5 feet plus away from the hoop and Jeffries could not catch the ball. Why we signed Jefferies even for the 221,000 is a mystery for me?
3.I don't know anything about the rookies but FIELDS must step it up from game one. He was lost after Melo got here and was not in the flow. As a result he was aiming his shots. You players know what I am talking about. Lastly, we need a point guard who can really run "the pick and roll" as Nash did with Amare. That will get rid of his 30 foot jumpers which is not Amare's game. 4. So the KEY will be TONEY DOUGLAS...thank goodness we have Bibby as a back up as the rookies develope. Compare the Knicks BIG 3 to Miami's 3 and it's close...edge to Miami but its close. GO KNICKS...:gony:

Last edited:

Forrest17

Rotation player
:crossfingers:
I think that you are a knowledgeable fan...but what we want and what we get are two different things. I was a big FELTON fan when he was here and really played beyond what I expected. Having said that...1. NEVER can you win a Champanionship without a dominant center who can both defend and score. We know have that center in Chandler and frankly he's a better fit than Dwight Howard would have been.

2. Amare and Melo STILL have not played well similtaneously. They are never in the flow together and I got the feeling Amare deferred to Melo early on and then he was badly hurt for the playoffs. The way Amare was fouled after his 30 plus string of games will not happen again with Chandler as an enforcer on the court. Turiaf could not score from 5 feet plus away from the hoop and Jeffries could not catch the ball. Why we signed Jefferies even for the 221,000 is a mystery for me?
3.I don't know anything about the rookies but FIELDS must step it up from game one. He was lost after Melo got here and was not in the flow. As a result he was aiming his shots. You players know what I am talking about. Lastly, we need a point guard who can really run "the pick and roll" as Nash did with Amare. That will get rid of his 30 foot jumpers which is not Amare's game. 4. So the KEY will be TONEY DOUGLAS...thank goodness we have Bibby as a back up as the rookies develope. Compare the Knicks BIG 3 to Miami's 3 and it's close...edge to Miami but its close. GO KNICKS...:gony:

I think our big three has an edge over Miami's because I think Amar'e, Chandler, and Melo all have specific roles, where as Miami, is just kind of all over the place...

Like I am still not sure what Chris Bosh is doing there, he is a power forward who only likes taking jump shots, which is weird... Lebron is the small forward but hes also the point guard... They just don't quite mix together all that well.. While Stat and Melo didn't really mix right away either, I think with Chandler in the mix it will help because now Amar'e has a defined position, before we weren't sure, is he the center? or is he just the forward? Where is he supposed to be playing? I think this will help melo and him mix.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Forgot I made this thread

This thread has new meaning now!

I of course made this thread before it had been reported that Raymond was out of shape and of course before the off season in Portland.

That said...I stand behind my claim that this would make us a Title Contender more now than ever.

Lin's status as an "icon" far exceeds his abilities! I am not saying he will not be a great NBA PG one day but as it stands he is a work in progress.

The Knicks are built to win now. They need players ready to compete now, not players who we are waiting to come into their own.

Felton is as good now as he'll ever be! Lin has the potential to be a couple of level higher (although they are about on the same level right now)....so be it!

See we need a Chris Childs type of PG, we need a deliberate floor general, no real flash, just a hard nosed approach.

Plus I have said it before...Lin played the better part of 20 games in Dantoni's system which after 20 games Chris Duhon looked All Star worthy

Yes Raymond had his best season statistically as a Knick with Dantoni, but he has proved he can play in other systems. Getting The Larry Brown seal of approval as a PG says a lot!

just my take