View Poll Results: Right fit?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not at the expense of $5.6M and no defence

    6 28.57%
  • Creates space and can handle the point if needed - yes

    6 28.57%
  • We have enough offense between STAT & Melo but could be good

    0 0%
  • We need a perimeter defender, not a scorer

    9 42.86%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 73

Thread: Knicks Bid For Jamal Crawford

  1. #16
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    damn im loving these Knicks, Animals and are straight up trying to get PLAYERS! J.Crawford would be nice but i wanna keep douglas as our PG to that team i feel when we come together we'd be difficult to beat and can make a run for a chip THIS YEAR. we have our 3 guys that were committed to and they committed to us now were surrounding them and i love it. LEGOOO

    imagine

    Douglas/Shumpert/Bibby
    Crawford/Fields
    Melo/Fields
    STAT/Jorts
    Chandler/Jordan/Jeffries

    we can do work with this team.
    The deal INCLUDED Douglas!

    Sorry but NO, I do not want a streaky chucker... already got a few, no thanks.

    I want defenders, and at the least (Unless T DOug is still hurt) TD can defend his position.

    We should be targeting PG facilitators and defenders as I'm not sure Fields can defend his position either.

  2. #17
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Better than Bibby, that's for sure!!

    Still not ideal, but atleast he's a great ballhandler and I think he could run the PG spot for us.

    We still have Douglas and Shumpert for defensive purposes...but neither of them can bring the ball upcourt yet, Jamal can with his sick handles and experience.

    Would be an ok signing imo.

    His shake and bake moves are some of the sweetest stuff we saw under the Isiah regime

  3. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,693
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Absolutely no reason for Crawford. Douglas plays defense and Crawford never does.

    BUT if Crawford is signed cheap enough I wonder if a deal of Him and Fields is much more valuable then that of Douglas and Fields.....

    We still need a top shooting guard. I view Fields as a 6th man ( for now ) and Tony D as a 7th man.

  4. #19
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,382
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Yeah, we need TD.

    Why not give vet min to Michael Redd?

  5. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Jamal needs to be playing streetball somewhere. As much as I loved that play where he blocked the shot and made it in form half court for the win I still dont want someone throwing it off the backboard and trying to put the ball thru his legs when were losing. Im sure someone will overpay for him anyway.

  6. #21
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    The deal INCLUDED Douglas!

    Sorry but NO, I do not want a streaky chucker... already got a few, no thanks.

    I want defenders, and at the least (Unless T DOug is still hurt) TD can defend his position.

    We should be targeting PG facilitators and defenders as I'm not sure Fields can defend his position either.
    I take that back.

    If Crawford is in at the point, and can be convinced to distribute the ball, he can work in the MOA system as he showed before he got traded.

    He's big and fast enough to guard his position, can break defenses down off the dribble, drive to the hole better than TD, and can knock down the three when needed.

    I change my mind. a team of

    Crawford
    Fields
    Melo
    STAT
    TC

    Bibby
    TD (maybe)
    Williams (maybe)
    Walker
    JJ
    JJ

    Jorts
    Imax

    ...COULD hold their own against any team, especially if Fields can get better at defense and also lets the rookies learn because of depth.

    Is Williams signed?

    and what about Balkman? he's out right?

  7. #22
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,382
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    You know, Crawford took a step backwards last season. Odd as it sounds to say, but the last 2 years Douglas has been (slightly) the better 3-point shooter.

    I'll say that Crawford, when asked to facilitate the offense and think pass first, has proven to be a 5 apg type player. BUT, TD (in a limited spot) posted the same when he was asked to be the PG last season.

    TD is younger and cheaper.

    I think trading Douglas for Crawford is a lateral move. It helps some, but has potential to blow up in our face.

    I think the thing to do is offer balkman, fields, walker, brown, jordan mix.

    Knicks should try to go with:

    Douglas (Bibby)
    Crawford (Shumpert)

    This should be the goal. I believe it is. I think this is why a deal is 50/50, and why a 3rd team needs to be involved.

    I think you keep either Fields/Walker/Brown. Trade 2 of them. Toss in Jordan (would prefer to keep him though). Add Balkman for salary purposes.

    Knicks then sign Shawne Williams, and get ready for battle.

    Of course, maybe the Knicks love Shumpert & have Julyan Stone in line? This might make TD expendable.

  8. #23
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Red i know the rumors have douglas involved in the talks but im hoping not. and my lineup was assuming he's not included in the deal. I think having Crawford bring the ball up would help and douglas can facilitate in a creative way off the ball( run a play, comes the the top of the key gets the ball drives, rolls, find the man the plays for, etc.) MDA can figure something up

    all i know is the prospect of this has me excited cause i feel that would put us in a position to win possibly this year and thats all we want really.

  9. #24
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    You know, Crawford took a step backwards last season. Odd as it sounds to say, but the last 2 years Douglas has been (slightly) the better 3-point shooter.

    I'll say that Crawford, when asked to facilitate the offense and think pass first, has proven to be a 5 apg type player. BUT, TD (in a limited spot) posted the same when he was asked to be the PG last season.

    TD is younger and cheaper.

    I think trading Douglas for Crawford is a lateral move. It helps some, but has potential to blow up in our face.

    I think the thing to do is offer balkman, fields, walker, brown, jordan mix.

    Knicks should try to go with:

    Douglas (Bibby)

    Crawford (Shumpert)

    This should be the goal. I believe it is. I think this is why a deal is 50/50, and why a 3rd team needs to be involved.

    I think you keep either Fields/Walker/Brown. Trade 2 of them. Toss in Jordan (would prefer to keep him though). Add Balkman for salary purposes.

    Knicks then sign Shawne Williams, and get ready for battle.

    Of course, maybe the Knicks love Shumpert & have Julyan Stone in line? This might make TD expendable.
    Originally Posted by DaTPRiNCE
    Red i know the rumors have douglas involved in the talks but im hoping not. and my lineup was assuming he's not included in the deal. I think having Crawford bring the ball up would help and douglas can facilitate in a creative way off the ball( run a play, comes the the top of the key gets the ball drives, rolls, find the man the plays for, etc.) MDA can figure something up

    all i know is the prospect of this has me excited cause i feel that would put us in a position to win possibly this year and thats all we want really.
    what about his shoulder injury?

    and the fact that Fields is the question mark if he's a starter, that means either bet on Iman or get better because TD can't do that day in day out.

    That makes Crawford more needed than TD with Bibby signed, and would force Fields where he should be (if he's here)- the bench.

  10. #25
    Veteran KBlack25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    2,668
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Red
    The deal INCLUDED Douglas!

    Sorry but NO, I do not want a streaky chucker... already got a few, no thanks.

    I want defenders, and at the least (Unless T DOug is still hurt) TD can defend his position.

    We should be targeting PG facilitators and defenders as I'm not sure Fields can defend his position either.
    Eh - TD got burned by Delonte West over and over in the playoffs last year.

    He is a good defender, sure, but he takes a ton of ill-advised chances.

  11. #26
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by KBlack25
    Eh - TD got burned by Delonte West over and over in the playoffs last year.

    He is a good defender, sure, but he takes a ton of ill-advised chances.
    He was playing pretty good until he got hurt.

    He lead the league in 3's the 2nd half of the season. For his first real stint at the one where he didn't have to look over his shoulder he held his own, not really much more you could ask for. He heated up a few games.

    The question here is what Bibby brings (according to MOA) and can TD run the offense and be more of a facilitator? The playoffs are a different animal and TD was injured. I'm wondering if maybe his shooting shoulder was hurt and Mike doesn't have any confidence in him.

    I'd say he's expendable for the formula

    YOUNG-CHEAP-BETTER but then again Crawford is older, more expensive, and has yet to run the point for a season. Maybe Mike has soured on Fields?

    Maybe it's a Bibby/Crawford back-court with Iman/Fields off the bench.

  12. #27
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    525
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    he Knicks and Hawks were in active discussions today on a three-team sign-and-trade deal that would bring combo Jamal Crawford back to the club, according to an NBA source.
    One source said the trade has a better than fifty-fifty chance of happening. The Warriors are the third team involved in the talks. But Crawford's agent, Andy Miller, told the Indianapolis Star that his client is still considering the Pacers.
    Knicks guard Toney Douglas, a native of Atlanta, has been included in one scenario of the talks that began Saturday. But sources now say the Knicks won't part with Douglas in a deal for Crawford.
    Crawford is one of the hotter free-agents available but the market hasn't been as strong as expected for him. The Knicks only have their $2.5 million mini exception available to offer in a two-year package - which Crawford would not accept. In the sign-and-trade proposal, there's a chance Crawford can clear over $5 million per season.
    Looks like this deal is getting closer.

    I'm not a big fan of Crawford, but for the price? I'm happier. If he doesn't mind going 6th man like he did for the Hawks, we could be getting a steal.

  13. #28
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    538
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by iJoe
    Looks like this deal is getting closer.

    I'm not a big fan of Crawford, but for the price? I'm happier. If he doesn't mind going 6th man like he did for the Hawks, we could be getting a steal.
    Yeah, while I don't love it he could be very useful... We really do need a legit scoring option to come of the bench if we want to get anywhere.. Tbh in high pressure situations or in big games I don't really see anyone on our bench being able to pick up the scoring slack in Melo and Amar'e aren't playing.. This season is going to be crazy so they both will have to take entire games off, which would leave us really bare imo in terms of scoring.. But he would help out alot.

  14. #29
    TYPE-A Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,308
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    In a 66 game season depth will be important. While not the ideal end-all-be-all for us at SG, Crawford is an upgrade over Fields who at this point is a bench player primarily at SF then SG. Thats his natural position. Come in, have a few plays called for him, make good decisions and contribute as a boost off the bench.

    Crawford provides another able body to score when a) Melo needs a breather or is off, b) Bibby is off, or is getting beat, or needs a breather

    and can start at the two in the mean time. He will not hesitate to shoot during kick-outs, can penetrate, and stay in-front of his man. He can push the break and play the passing lanes. Rebound demands, previously expected by Fields, are no longer needed with our front court.

    He is the best available, is a vet by now, knows his role, and can be looked at as an asset given the circumstances and our all-in attitude.

  15. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Truthfully I hope I eat my words! I'm not here to say I told you so and if Jamal can come without giving up any real pieces then Hey! Why not? If he plays the 2 we're going to need him to step up and defend and slash at the basket instead of settling for stop and pops.

Similar Threads

  1. What to do with Curry
    By LJ4ptplay in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: Mar 11, 2010, 15:53
  2. Knicks @ Celtics 23/02/10
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2010, 10:39
  3. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 19:22
  4. New York Knicks at Atlanta Hawks Game Thread 2/29
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: Mar 01, 2008, 10:58
  5. Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jul 25, 2007, 23:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •