• We have enough offense between STAT & Melo but could be good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We need a perimeter defender, not a scorer

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

Red

TYPE-A
The deal INCLUDED Douglas!

Sorry but NO, I do not want a streaky chucker... already got a few, no thanks.

I want defenders, and at the least (Unless T DOug is still hurt) TD can defend his position.

We should be targeting PG facilitators and defenders as I'm not sure Fields can defend his position either.

I take that back.

If Crawford is in at the point, and can be convinced to distribute the ball, he can work in the MOA system as he showed before he got traded.

He's big and fast enough to guard his position, can break defenses down off the dribble, drive to the hole better than TD, and can knock down the three when needed.

I change my mind. a team of

Crawford
Fields
Melo
STAT
TC

Bibby
TD (maybe)
Williams (maybe)
Walker
JJ
JJ

Jorts
Imax

...COULD hold their own against any team, especially if Fields can get better at defense and also lets the rookies learn because of depth.

Is Williams signed?

and what about Balkman? he's out right?

mafra

Legend
You know, Crawford took a step backwards last season. Odd as it sounds to say, but the last 2 years Douglas has been (slightly) the better 3-point shooter.

I'll say that Crawford, when asked to facilitate the offense and think pass first, has proven to be a 5 apg type player. BUT, TD (in a limited spot) posted the same when he was asked to be the PG last season.

TD is younger and cheaper.

I think trading Douglas for Crawford is a lateral move. It helps some, but has potential to blow up in our face.

I think the thing to do is offer balkman, fields, walker, brown, jordan mix.

Knicks should try to go with:

Douglas (Bibby)
Crawford (Shumpert)

This should be the goal. I believe it is. I think this is why a deal is 50/50, and why a 3rd team needs to be involved.

I think you keep either Fields/Walker/Brown. Trade 2 of them. Toss in Jordan (would prefer to keep him though). Add Balkman for salary purposes.

Knicks then sign Shawne Williams, and get ready for battle.

Of course, maybe the Knicks love Shumpert & have Julyan Stone in line? This might make TD expendable.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Red i know the rumors have douglas involved in the talks but im hoping not. and my lineup was assuming he's not included in the deal. I think having Crawford bring the ball up would help and douglas can facilitate in a creative way off the ball( run a play, comes the the top of the key gets the ball drives, rolls, find the man the plays for, etc.) MDA can figure something up

all i know is the prospect of this has me excited cause i feel that would put us in a position to win possibly this year and thats all we want really.

Red

TYPE-A
You know, Crawford took a step backwards last season. Odd as it sounds to say, but the last 2 years Douglas has been (slightly) the better 3-point shooter.

I'll say that Crawford, when asked to facilitate the offense and think pass first, has proven to be a 5 apg type player. BUT, TD (in a limited spot) posted the same when he was asked to be the PG last season.

TD is younger and cheaper.

I think trading Douglas for Crawford is a lateral move. It helps some, but has potential to blow up in our face.

I think the thing to do is offer balkman, fields, walker, brown, jordan mix.

Knicks should try to go with:

Douglas (Bibby)

Crawford (Shumpert)

This should be the goal. I believe it is. I think this is why a deal is 50/50, and why a 3rd team needs to be involved.

I think you keep either Fields/Walker/Brown. Trade 2 of them. Toss in Jordan (would prefer to keep him though). Add Balkman for salary purposes.

Knicks then sign Shawne Williams, and get ready for battle.

Of course, maybe the Knicks love Shumpert & have Julyan Stone in line? This might make TD expendable.

Red i know the rumors have douglas involved in the talks but im hoping not. and my lineup was assuming he's not included in the deal. I think having Crawford bring the ball up would help and douglas can facilitate in a creative way off the ball( run a play, comes the the top of the key gets the ball drives, rolls, find the man the plays for, etc.) MDA can figure something up

all i know is the prospect of this has me excited cause i feel that would put us in a position to win possibly this year and thats all we want really.

what about his shoulder injury?:shrug:

and the fact that Fields is the question mark if he's a starter, that means either bet on Iman or get better because TD can't do that day in day out.

That makes Crawford more needed than TD with Bibby signed, and would force Fields where he should be (if he's here)- the bench.

KBlack25

Starter
The deal INCLUDED Douglas!

Sorry but NO, I do not want a streaky chucker... already got a few, no thanks.

I want defenders, and at the least (Unless T DOug is still hurt) TD can defend his position.

We should be targeting PG facilitators and defenders as I'm not sure Fields can defend his position either.

Eh - TD got burned by Delonte West over and over in the playoffs last year.

He is a good defender, sure, but he takes a ton of ill-advised chances.

Red

TYPE-A
Eh - TD got burned by Delonte West over and over in the playoffs last year.

He is a good defender, sure, but he takes a ton of ill-advised chances.

He was playing pretty good until he got hurt.

He lead the league in 3's the 2nd half of the season. For his first real stint at the one where he didn't have to look over his shoulder he held his own, not really much more you could ask for. He heated up a few games.

The question here is what Bibby brings (according to MOA) and can TD run the offense and be more of a facilitator? The playoffs are a different animal and TD was injured. I'm wondering if maybe his shooting shoulder was hurt and Mike doesn't have any confidence in him.

I'd say he's expendable for the formula

YOUNG-CHEAP-BETTER but then again Crawford is older, more expensive, and has yet to run the point for a season. Maybe Mike has soured on Fields?

Maybe it's a Bibby/Crawford back-court with Iman/Fields off the bench.

iJoe

Rotation player
he Knicks and Hawks were in active discussions today on a three-team sign-and-trade deal that would bring combo Jamal Crawford back to the club, according to an NBA source.
One source said the trade has a better than fifty-fifty chance of happening. The Warriors are the third team involved in the talks. But Crawford's agent, Andy Miller, told the Indianapolis Star that his client is still considering the Pacers.
Knicks guard Toney Douglas, a native of Atlanta, has been included in one scenario of the talks that began Saturday. But sources now say the Knicks won't part with Douglas in a deal for Crawford.
Crawford is one of the hotter free-agents available but the market hasn't been as strong as expected for him. The Knicks only have their $2.5 million mini exception available to offer in a two-year package - which Crawford would not accept. In the sign-and-trade proposal, there's a chance Crawford can clear over $5 million per season.

Looks like this deal is getting closer.

I'm not a big fan of Crawford, but for the price? I'm happier. If he doesn't mind going 6th man like he did for the Hawks, we could be getting a steal.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Looks like this deal is getting closer.

I'm not a big fan of Crawford, but for the price? I'm happier. If he doesn't mind going 6th man like he did for the Hawks, we could be getting a steal.

Yeah, while I don't love it he could be very useful... We really do need a legit scoring option to come of the bench if we want to get anywhere.. Tbh in high pressure situations or in big games I don't really see anyone on our bench being able to pick up the scoring slack in Melo and Amar'e aren't playing.. This season is going to be crazy so they both will have to take entire games off, which would leave us really bare imo in terms of scoring.. But he would help out alot.

Red

TYPE-A
In a 66 game season depth will be important. While not the ideal end-all-be-all for us at SG, Crawford is an upgrade over Fields who at this point is a bench player primarily at SF then SG. Thats his natural position. Come in, have a few plays called for him, make good decisions and contribute as a boost off the bench.

Crawford provides another able body to score when a) Melo needs a breather or is off, b) Bibby is off, or is getting beat, or needs a breather

and can start at the two in the mean time. He will not hesitate to shoot during kick-outs, can penetrate, and stay in-front of his man. He can push the break and play the passing lanes. Rebound demands, previously expected by Fields, are no longer needed with our front court.

He is the best available, is a vet by now, knows his role, and can be looked at as an asset given the circumstances and our all-in attitude.

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Truthfully I hope I eat my words! I'm not here to say I told you so and if Jamal can come without giving up any real pieces then Hey! Why not? If he plays the 2 we're going to need him to step up and defend and slash at the basket instead of settling for stop and pops. :crossfingers:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
The thing that Douglas has going for him now is that, Chandler protects the paint, but if he's the only guy doing the defensive work, that could raise his chances of getting hurt. He needs some help. Who else would? Shumpert? Melo? We might be better off with Douglas for that alone. Our offense might not be the most fluent, but not only would will we be a high scoring team, we'll have a good defensive center, so Douglas might be the better choice.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Grunwald still pursuing Crawford 12/12

Crawford?s agent, Andy Miller, has been trying desperately for the past 48 hours to broker a three-team sign-and-trade deal between the Knicks, Hawks and another club under the salary cap to find a creative way to pay Crawford his market value, sources told The Post. The Warriors are one team Miller has tried to engage.

:boohoo:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/sources-knicks-still-after-barea-crawford/

mafra

Legend
It's probably more likely that Crawford's agent is "spreading" these rumors in an attempt to drive up the price on the Pacers, who are apparently hesitating (or focused on other business).

Sure, getting Crawford would be PERFECT. Start him at SG, or use him as SG. 3-point sniper to spread floor. But, the Knicks can't afford to give away Douglas, nor should they sell on Fields so soon. Shumpert should be a no-no. I would even prefer to keep Joorts or Jordan.

So, we have Walker, Brown & 1 of the Joorts, Jordan duo.

I guess ATL could be swayed to bring back Walker, Brown & Jordan for Crawford... I mean, if you're going to let him walk anyway... why not?

Question is: Will CRAW really take less money, less year, just to return to a team that traded him?

I think the Knicks should offer Bill Walker or Derrick Brown plus Balkman. That's about 2.5 mil in salary. We could offer X-amount above that? Gets us in the 3-5 mil range per? Not sure.

Take it or we move on.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I'm not sure why so many are objecting to us picking up Crawford. The dude is athletic, can light it and has knowledge of our system. He would help spread the floor and should picked up if we can get him.

KingCharles34

All Star
Im surprised the Knicks wouldnt be willing to part with Fields as part of a deal for Crawford. They have their defensive minded 2 guard with Shumpert, Fields is a more offensive minded type but played like p*ssy ever since we made the Melo trade

I always liked JC. He just didn't have the right pieces around him when he was here before. In a way... I'm more confident in aquiring him over the T.Chandler deal.

Why?

Simply because the Knicks have a long history of signing big men who are injury prone. I still don't know why Dallas let go of TC...in a league where big men are scarce. They must know something we don't.

Crawford off the bench or mixed in with the starters is an improvement at the SG.

iSaYughh

Starter
I always liked JC. He just didn't have the right pieces around him when he was here before. In a way... I'm more confident in aquiring him over the T.Chandler deal.

Why?

Simply because the Knicks have a long history of signing big men who are injury prone. I still don't know why Dallas let go of TC...in a league where big men are scarce. They must know something we don't.

Crawford off the bench or mixed in with the starters is an improvement at the SG.

They didn't want to spend the money.

And already have/overpaid/committed to Haywood.

Letting go of Chandler, for one instance, helped facilitate their move to get Lamar Odom.

They have a scary versatile, potent front court still, arguably mores. And gained some flexibility to boot going forward, contact-wise.