• Creates space and can handle the point if needed - yes

6 28.57%
  • We have enough offense between STAT & Melo but could be good

0 0%
  • We need a perimeter defender, not a scorer

9 42.86%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Knicks Bid For Jamal Crawford

As of now, Knicks are out of contest for Jamal Crawford.

The thing that Douglas has going for him now is that, Chandler protects the paint, but if he's the only guy doing the defensive work, that could raise his chances of getting hurt. He needs some help. Who else would? Shumpert? Melo? We might be better off with Douglas for that alone. Our offense might not be the most fluent, but not only would will we be a high scoring team, we'll have a good defensive center, so Douglas might be the better choice.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

knicks not offering Fields or Douglas, still trying to work out a deal.

Default Grunwald still pursuing Crawford 12/12

Crawford’s agent, Andy Miller, has been trying desperately for the past 48 hours to broker a three-team sign-and-trade deal between the Knicks, Hawks and another club under the salary cap to find a creative way to pay Crawford his market value, sources told The Post. The Warriors are one team Miller has tried to engage.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/sources-knicks-still-after-barea-crawford/

With the signing of Barea, The Knicks are making a strong push for Crawford.

It's probably more likely that Crawford's agent is "spreading" these rumors in an attempt to drive up the price on the Pacers, who are apparently hesitating (or focused on other business).

Sure, getting Crawford would be PERFECT. Start him at SG, or use him as SG. 3-point sniper to spread floor. But, the Knicks can't afford to give away Douglas, nor should they sell on Fields so soon. Shumpert should be a no-no. I would even prefer to keep Joorts or Jordan.

So, we have Walker, Brown & 1 of the Joorts, Jordan duo.

I guess ATL could be swayed to bring back Walker, Brown & Jordan for Crawford... I mean, if you're going to let him walk anyway... why not?

Question is: Will CRAW really take less money, less year, just to return to a team that traded him?

I think the Knicks should offer Bill Walker or Derrick Brown plus Balkman. That's about 2.5 mil in salary. We could offer X-amount above that? Gets us in the 3-5 mil range per? Not sure.

Take it or we move on.

I'm not sure why so many are objecting to us picking up Crawford. The dude is athletic, can light it and has knowledge of our system. He would help spread the floor and should picked up if we can get him.

Im surprised the Knicks wouldnt be willing to part with Fields as part of a deal for Crawford. They have their defensive minded 2 guard with Shumpert, Fields is a more offensive minded type but played like p*ssy ever since we made the Melo trade

Veteran

I always liked JC. He just didn't have the right pieces around him when he was here before. In a way... I'm more confident in aquiring him over the T.Chandler deal.

Why?

Simply because the Knicks have a long history of signing big men who are injury prone. I still don't know why Dallas let go of TC...in a league where big men are scarce. They must know something we don't.

Crawford off the bench or mixed in with the starters is an improvement at the SG.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller
    I always liked JC. He just didn't have the right pieces around him when he was here before. In a way... I'm more confident in aquiring him over the T.Chandler deal.

Why?

Simply because the Knicks have a long history of signing big men who are injury prone. I still don't know why Dallas let go of TC...in a league where big men are scarce. They must know something we don't.

Crawford off the bench or mixed in with the starters is an improvement at the SG.
    They didn't want to spend the money.

And already have/overpaid/committed to Haywood.

Letting go of Chandler, for one instance, helped facilitate their move to get Lamar Odom.

They have a scary versatile, potent front court still, arguably mores. And gained some flexibility to boot going forward, contact-wise.

Originally Posted by finestrg
    Agreed. Been there, done that with this guy. I say keep Toney. We've got enough scoring. I'm also concerned how this guy's freelance-type game would influence Iman Shumpert's game. Shump's got all the tools but one thing coming outta Georgia Tech that he really needs to improve is his shot selection. Crawford's shot selection has always been terrible..I wouldn't want Shump to look at this guy everyday and think it's OK to bomb away and force it like Crawford does..If Toney's gonna go in a deal, I want a better player than Crawford.
    Your are funny if you think JC will just be launching up shots with Amare and Melo on the team. You are basing your comments on what you saw when he was a knick and was counted on to score. Change your logic. JC isn't a scrub and if you put him in a situation where he's just a role player then he's even better (See 6th man of the year). He may not be a great defender but he puts plenty of pressure on the opposing defense.

Can't believe you think the team as its constructed now would even allow anyone other than Amare and Melo to be freelance scorers. If so, then blame the coach!

The New York Knicks are working hard to get Jamal Crawford. Andy Miller, Crawford’s agent, is working really hard to get Crawford back to the Knicks.

But unless he’s willing to take a big paycut, it’s not going to happen. The Knicks have already offered Crawford their mini mid-level of $2.5 million according to the New York Post. Crawford thought this would be a big payday for him and wants more (and frankly deserves more, his market value is higher than that).
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    JC is definitely worth more than the mini mid level but if he decides to take less, i'd want it to be with the NYK.

Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    JC is definitely worth more than the mini mid level but if he decides to take less, i'd want it to be with the NYK.
    Yeah me too, espicially over the Pacers.

Originally Posted by Real NY Baller

Why?

1. Because they got burned with the last like 5 or 6 bigs they extended

2. Because Cuban has dreams of D12

Please tell me you're not complaining about acquiring one of the best defensive centers for our team.

I see it like this...

Billups was resigned to provide a salary match for either CP3 or D12. Without an assurance we could get them, we pulled the trigger on the next best center. Can't ask for much more for Billups.

Or, for Chandler, Gallo, Felton, Curry, Mozgov, Randolph, Turiaf, Rautins, a 1st and 2nd rounder...

We got Melo and Tyson Chandler.

Our plan was 3 stars and filler. Although not our 1st choice, we wound up with 3 stars and filler. We win.