Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone worried that if D.Howard goes to the NJN's they would be better than us?

Originally Posted by toNYknicks
    Id worry just as much as I worried about the Magic, which is not that much. Can Dwight dominate a game? of course. Do I think the Magic or the Nets are going deep into the playoffs? negative!

Cuse.. Didnt all those people get paid out to move? I beleive the last person to leave got like a million dollars. Brooklyn would benefit from a succeesful Nets team the only downside I see is how crowded Atlantic Ave is going to be. Everyone I know form BK is excited about the Nets but maybe it's different when you know somebody who lived there.
    I'm sure there are people who are excited and I pity them. We've had a basketball team for decades.....a part of me (and it's probably completely irrational but wut the hey?) just can't accept the Nets as a BROOKLYN team. I just can't. It doesn't even sound right, Brooklyn Nets? It's a joke and they're fooling everyone with that Jay-Z marketing crap. I just wanna shove that billboard up Prokorov's butt.....

brooklynettes.....sounds about right

Worried? No. I do not care about what the Nets do, I care about what the Knicks do. And what the Knicks are doing I think will work.

Veteran

Howard will end up at the LAKERS....
    Lamar Kardashian now with Dallas...
    frees up cap space....will be Gasol and Bynum for Howard and Turk...then they use amnesty for Turk.

Nets get stuck with NENE and Williams moves to Dallas next season

NETS WILL BE SCREWED

Originally Posted by skisloper
    frees up cap space....will be Gasol and Bynum for Howard and Turk...then they use amnesty for Turk.

NETS WILL BE SCREWED
    can we get Turk once he hits waivers? A lack of a stretch 4 killed us last year after we gave up Gallinari.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Not to sound negative but having the best center in the NBA and one of the best PG's would make the Nets a top 5 seeded team in the East.It would remind me of the days when the Nets had Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson. I just don't know why Howard all of sudden wants to go to a team that no superstar free agent wanted to go to in the past few years. I still think that the Knicks are a better team than the Nets even with Dwight Howard.But having to see Dwill and D12 on the same team 4 times a year will be a tough competition for the Knicks.
    CAN'T WAIT!

Originally Posted by skisloper

NETS WILL BE SCREWED
    Gasol and Bynum is going to also net the Lakers Jameer Nelson, just watch. Also, you can't amnesty anyone you have acquired after the new cba has been ratified. Nets with NeNe, Brook, and Deron, maybe resign Kris Kardashian, they could probably be a 7th or 8th seed. It is the eastern conference after all.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    Not to sound negative but having the best center in the NBA and one of the best PG's would make the Nets a top 5 seeded team in the East.It would remind me of the days when the Nets had Jason Kidd, Kenyon Martin and Richard Jefferson. I just don't know why Howard all of sudden wants to go to a team that no superstar free agent wanted to go to in the past few years. I still think that the Knicks are a better team than the Nets even with Dwight Howard.But having to see Dwill and D12 on the same team 4 times a year will be a tough competition for the Knicks.
    Nets will def be a force with Williams and Dwight.

BUT with Tyson Chandler, the pressure is lowered.

Without Tyson and with Dwight in NJ we would get dominated by Dwight.

With Chandler we have someone playing D on Howard all night which saves Amare's body and energy.

Not worried now that we have Tyson.

We are still better.

They need another piece to be in our ballpark.

If they added Dwight with another good FA like Nene then I would worry.

Lakers have said there is "no way" they're giving up Gasol and Bynum. Not happening.

Superstar

Not worried at all, were still better on paper at least.

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    Lakers have said there is "no way" they're giving up Gasol and Bynum. Not happening.
    Lakers would be retarded to rather have Gasol and Bynum than Howard

Call them retarded then cuz thats their mind set

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Lakers would be retarded to rather have Gasol and Bynum than Howard
    I dunno. A big part of the Lakers' championships with them was because the two big man causing major mis-match problems. Bynum just has to stay healthy.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    I dunno. A big part of the Lakers' championships with them was because the two big man causing major mis-match problems. Bynum just has to stay healthy.
    Unfortunately, this has never been, and will never be, the case.

If Bynum stays healthy then Gasol and Bynum >> Howard also assuming whatever made Gasol play like a p*ssy last year has been resolved.

Howards overrated a little. Hes still a great player all around...great defensively, good offensively. Hes not great on offense. Gasol is easily more skilled and Bynum has some nice moves too. Bynum never had a problem outplaying Perkins when hes healthy. We all know Perkins slows down Dwight. Bynums still improving, if that dude can stay healthy he'll be a beast. Great size and athleticism mixed with skills. If they're gonna trade Bynum it should be for a point guard, they really could use one to take some of the pressure off Kobe as he gets a little older