Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Stat for CP3 straight up?

Default Would you trade Stat for CP3 straight up?

A while ago we heard a rumor that the Knicks were considering trading Stat for Chris Paul. I was just wondering what all of you thought about it. Personally I would be totally against that trade. First off If it weren't for Stat Melo and Chandler wouldn't even be on this team. He started the trend to revitalize the Knicks and I think the man deserves a least some sort of respect and loyalty. Secondly from a team perspective I actually like the Knicks better with the combo of Stat, Melo and Chandler than Paul, Melo and Chandler. I think the Knicks would cause far more matchup problems with the stronger front court then the better balance.

Never. I would rarely trade height for a point guard and both have knee problems so that's a wash. Only if CP3 would come with a re-worked contract for Okafor (unlikely), that's the only way I could think about the deal.

Amare leaves something to be desired on defense but u need inside scoring, explosion at the rim. Competent point guards can be found for less money, as we saw with Felton.

Veteran

No.

The reason?

IMO the difference between Amar'e Stoudemire and a league average PF, such as, say, JJ Hickson, is WAY BIGGER than the difference between Chris Paul and, say, Ramon Sessions, Raymond Felton, or George Hill. Solid PGs are easier to find than solid PFs and in this system all we need is someone who can run a pick and roll and he'll do everything he needs to do. *cough*STEVE NASH*cough*

Superstar

I wouldn't do it either. Trading Amar'e for CP3 feels like robbing Peter to pay Paul...literally in this case. LOL.

Agree with all points being made here by everybody.

Absolutely not.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

ummmmmm NO

NO! Before the LA drama, maybe, but now I believe CP3 rather wanna be a Laker than a Knick - STAT started this...I wanna see hm finish it - with a Championship ring.

Originally Posted by LeFlume
    STAT started this...I wanna see hm finish it - with a Championship ring.

Precisely. STAT came here solo and carried the team before the calvary arrived. I don't see any PG being able to do that ... ever. PG's can be groomed a lot easier in this league than big men. Player's like STAT don't come along too often

Veteran

LOL if STAT didn't come here we'd probably be signing Carlos Boozer to a max contract.

The idea of trading STAT should be far from the minds of any Knicks fan who has a sense of anything even closely remotely resembling loyalty.

near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG

The team is already creating a team without CP3, benefiting who we have now. The Knicks are officially creating a team around Melo and Amare, by adding Ty Chandler and Bibby. They look to continue adding more role players and trying to become contenders this season. To me this is better than adding CP3, Tyson Chandler was a shocker and looks to be a blessing in disguise.

Now we don't have to wait a season to have a team the Knicks want to build. The time is now, our time is now.

No

/end thread.

Now that depends....if I were guaranteed that once STAT and CP3 passed their physicals and everything were set...that Missy Peregrym would show up at my front door requesting a "taste of milk chocolate" then I'd do the deal.

Nothing short of that tho.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    The idea of trading STAT should be far from the minds of any Knicks fan who has a sense of anything even closely remotely resembling loyalty.
    Business is business, there isn't any loyalty when t comes to a business and wining! Keep in mind, if Phoenix added that 6th year Amare would still be there. Melo wanted to come here and he even made it clear to the Knicks that he would sign with NJ if the Knicks couldn't get something done by the trade deadline. So, the players do not have any loyalty why should the owners.
    That being said, Amare is one of the most talented bigs in the game and while he has his short comings when it comes to playing consistent defense, he still is a dominate big man. I would however trade him in a heart beat for the right player or players. But, not let your heart be still... No GM would take his non-insured contract so he's not going anywhere.

Originally Posted by Dario8676
    A while ago we heard a rumor that the Knicks were considering trading Stat for Chris Paul. I was just wondering what all of you thought about it. Personally I would be totally against that trade. First off If it weren't for Stat Melo and Chandler wouldn't even be on this team. He started the trend to revitalize the Knicks and I think the man deserves a least some sort of respect and loyalty. Secondly from a team perspective I actually like the Knicks better with the combo of Stat, Melo and Chandler than Paul, Melo and Chandler. I think the Knicks would cause far more matchup problems with the stronger front court then the better balance.
    NO

Amare started everything positive here in NY

His signing was a new era for the Knicks.

He was the reason Melo came here and Him with melo is the reason tyson came here.

Amare is our identity, tough and relentless, he is one of our leaders.