Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you trade Stat for CP3 straight up?

Chris Paul is being a punk and Amar'e/Chandler with Melo gives opposing teams greater match-up problems (Pau/Bynum with Kobe).

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Chris Paul is being a punk and Amar'e/Chandler with Melo gives opposing teams greater match-up problems (Pau/Bynum with Kobe).
    not the same dude.....Pau/Bynum are efficient with the ball. Amare and Melo are barely a combinbed 50% inside the 3 pt line

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    not the same dude.....Pau/Bynum are efficient with the ball. Amare and Melo are barely a combinbed 50% inside the 3 pt line
    It's still relative though. Two good players in the frontcourt with the scorer Melo is is more dangerous than only one big man who's not good at defense with an elite PG.

Veteran

Yes.

But NO laughed us down, so this is beyond speculation. Like hometheater mentioned: uninsured knees. Amare isn't being traded for equal'ish value, ever.

We should be happy to go to war with Amare.

Amare just needs to stay healthy and work on his defense. Chandler will be a huge, huge help -- so will our rounded out coaching staff, and MDA finally having a legit year with a complete roster to make us as good as we can be.

This will be a great year, Amare will be a great part of it.

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Yes.

But NO laughed us down, so this is beyond speculation. Like hometheater mentioned: uninsured knees. Amare isn't being traded for equal'ish value, ever.

We should be happy to go to war with Amare.

Amare just needs to stay healthy and work on his defense. Chandler will be a huge, huge help -- so will our rounded out coaching staff, and MDA finally having a legit year with a complete roster to make us as good as we can be.

This will be a great year, Amare will be a great part of it.
    they're gonna struggle to put it all together, you kno that. I dont wanna hear from Dantoni about how he hasnt had time with the roster....he's never had a good defensive squad, i hope Woodson has an impact....

In a heartbeat. Amare is good, real good, but CP3 is on another level. You cannot substitute one of the best point guards EVER. Look at some of the New Orleans teams that made the playoffs and advanced to the second round. You take CP3 out that team and you have a bunch of average ball players (NBA standards of course) that are most likely picking top 10 every year.

Amare plays no defense and is a below average rebounder (maybe average at best). Melo can play defense, when he's motivated, and is an excellent rebounder and scorer.

However, if we can get a PG with Ramon Sessions speed and passing, that would make me a happy Knicks Fan. We are missing a point guard and feel that that is crucial.

But, I'd still make that trade. No way NO makes that trade though straight up. Not fair. We'd have to through in a first rounder pick.

Veteran

Originally Posted by CuseGirl
    they're gonna struggle to put it all together, you kno that. I dont wanna hear from Dantoni about how he hasnt had time with the roster....he's never had a good defensive squad, i hope Woodson has an impact....
    MDA has also never had a center like Chandler.

But if D'antoni is bitching about time, while we get shredded on the defensive end like we have in years past, I'll be first in line to roast the man and his mustache!

Veteran

I'll take CP3 over Stat because Stat is injury prone, makes too much money, and a point guard such as Paul fits the system well. If Amare didn't have health issues, I'd say no to CP3