We Now Need a Point Guard more than anything.

Who do think should start at POINT GUARD?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
The only way I like Jamal Crawford is to use him in order to get Davis! He has yet to prove in any way that he can provide what we are lacking. Saying he wont have to chuck up shots because of Melo and Amare isnt enough especially in an offesinve system that promotes chucking up shots! If we get him without losing Douglas I can't be too mad because im sure he'll show how useless he is but I refuse to lose a valuable player on his account.

Red

TYPE-A
1) He had surgery
2) Crawford has proven he can be an effective player in the league game-in and game-out
3) Douglas is overrated on defense - he takes a ton of chances and got manhandled by Delonte West
4) Douglas has not shown he has the passing ability, meanwhile I think they believe (and I believe) Crawford does - Eddy Curry's best season is largely attributed to Crawford's ability to distribute.
+ We signed Mike Bibby! (not that I'm excited) Bibby is MOA's answer at the point thus Crawford is looked at to probably replace Fields at SG if acquired.

Is Crawford better than Fields?

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
+ We signed Mike Bibby! (not that I'm excited) Bibby is MOA's answer at the point thus Crawford is looked at to probably replace Fields at SG if acquired.

Is Crawford better than Fields?
I gotta go with yes

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
True, but I feel like if he was as bad as you make him out to be he wouldnt have been targeted by the Bulls first. for defense

Red

TYPE-A
Are all our moves anti-MIA?

TC was integral against them in the finals.

Bibby wasn't the best last year but provides a pass first option at the point.

Need someone better to defend the two than Landry...

Knicks Working On Crawford Sign-And-Trade
Dec 11, 2011 11:37 AM EST

The Knicks are seeking a three-team sign-and-trade to acquire Jamal Crawford, according to a source.

One source put the odds of a deal being consummated at better than 50 percent.

Crawford may be able to sign for a deal that puts his annual salary at over $5 million.

According to Ken Berger, the current version of the proposal wouldn't include Toney Douglas.

Sam Amick reports the Warriors are not involved in negotiations.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/217367/Knicks_Working_On_Crawford_Sign_And_Trade#ixzz1gGH4vHYK

CA7

Scoring Champ
Just because he's not an All Defense Defender doesnt mean he cant defend, he's a D'Antoni and Woodson guy so it only makes sense for both to be attracted to him

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Just because he's not an All Defense Defender doesnt mean he cant defend, he's a D'Antoni and Woodson guy so it only makes sense for both to be attracted to him

while i'm happy we got a defensive assistant, I'm not convinced Woodson is some defensive guru and to be honest, I dont like "Dantoni type guys". To me, that means he's a guy who lacks toughness, efficiency, defensive motivation and defensive IQ. Just cuz he played for Woodson (and I believe Atlanta's players gave up on Woodson during the playoff series when Orlando killed them 2 yrs back) doesn't mean he's a good pickup.

I'm just shocked people think he's bringing anything more than volume scoring and ball hogging, which we have enuff of, on the roster and in coachign philosophy.

Red

TYPE-A
while i'm happy we got a defensive assistant, I'm not convinced Woodson is some defensive guru and to be honest, I dont like "Dantoni type guys". To me, that means he's a guy who lacks toughness, efficiency, defensive motivation and defensive IQ. Just cuz he played for Woodson (and I believe Atlanta's players gave up on Woodson during the playoff series when Orlando killed them 2 yrs back) doesn't mean he's a good pickup.

I'm just shocked people think he's bringing anything more than volume scoring and ball hogging, which we have enuff of, on the roster and in coachign philosophy.

For what it's worth Jared Jeffries is a D'Antoni guy also.

...known for his defense (gulp).:whatever:

Forrest17

Rotation player

Tbh, I really think we do need a legit scoring option to come off the bench, Other than Amar'e and Melo, we don't really have any reliable scorers.. especially in the back court or on the bench.. Fields and TD really weren't effective at all in the play offs on either side of the floor..neither was Mike Bibby.. And other than them all we've got is Bill Walker.. While I know they should improve this year, I still don't want to take the chance of what happened to us last year, happening again. I hear that we aren't going to give up TD for Crawford, because I wouldn't want to do that either, but he would add alot to this team that we do actually need imo.

KBlack25

Starter
alanhahn Alan Hahn
Hearing Jamal Crawford 3-team scenario doesn't have legs, though #Knicks do like Crawford. Not pursuing trade. #fb

Knicks#7

Rookie
:agreed::agreed:
Tbh, I really think we do need a legit scoring option to come off the bench, Other than Amar'e and Melo, we don't really have any reliable scorers.. especially in the back court or on the bench.. Fields and TD really weren't effective at all in the play offs on either side of the floor..neither was Mike Bibby.. And other than them all we've got is Bill Walker.. While I know they should improve this year, I still don't want to take the chance of what happened to us last year, happening again. I hear that we aren't going to give up TD for Crawford, because I wouldn't want to do that either, but he would add alot to this team that we do actually need imo.

fender0577

Rotation player
we don't need scoring and what does crawford do?Score, and we need more defence.Is reggie Evans , or ron artest out there?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Crawford would be great pick up however unlikely I say wait for JR Smith to come back from China and use him as our instant offense guy if Melo or STAT are either sitting out or just plain off

Red

TYPE-A
Looks like TD is the STARTER, Bibby the back-up.

The Knicks, Hawks and Warriors were in talks Sunday on a three-team sign-and-trade that would bring combo guard Jamal Crawford back to the club, according to an NBA source.
Although a source thought it had a better than 50-50 chance of happening, one person familiar with the Knicks thinking said they will not include guard Toney Douglas, a native of Atlanta, or Landry Fields in a Crawford package, which has damaged the chances of this going down.
Crawford is one of the top free agents available but the market hasn't been strong for him. The Knicks have offered Crawford their $2.5 million mini exception which he has rejected. Crawford prefers a sign-and-trade so he can make upwards of $5 million per season.
Agent Andy Miller told the Indy Star Crawford is still considering the Pacers, however Indiana signed power forward David West Sunday.
One person familiar with the Knicks thinking said Douglas is the club's starting point guard and they don't want to give him up in this scenario for Crawford. It is possible the Knicks are also being used to drive Crawford's market value up elsewhere.
The Knicks traded Crawford three years ago to create cap room for 2010 but was a favorite of coach Mike D'Antoni's. Crawford has tweeted his interest in the Knicks this morning.
Meanwhile the Knicks announced the signing today of another Hawks guard Mike Bibby and view him as Douglas' backup.
"Mike is a veteran point guard who we know can be successful in our system," Knicks interim general manager Glen Grunwald said in a statement. "He's an effective player who has a long track record of leading his teams to postseason success."
Rookies Iman Shumpert and Josh Harrellson and Jared Jeffries officially signed their contracts today and practiced, giving them 11 in uniform, including Tyson Chandler.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knick...to_bring_X88nsR7szxSK1IbIoh87LN#ixzz1gGcJD4HO

Fields is expendable IMO. as is TD.

Do we want our core of STAT & Melo to be headed by Douglas?

One day after reaching a surprising agreement with center Tyson Chandler, the New York Knicks are attempting to acquire another notable free agent. The Knicks are zeroing in on Jamal Crawford and trying to add the veteran shooting guard through a sign-and-trade, according to sources close to the situation.

The Knicks contacted Crawford’s camp on Friday and are trying to sell him on the situation. Crawford would have to take a significant pay cut to join the Knicks, but sources say he’s open to the idea.

New York is over the cap and has no exception money. They also have few trade assets to offer. If the Hawks were willing to do a sign-and-trade with New York built around Renaldo Balkman’s $1.67 million deal, Bill Walker’s $916,000 deal and Toney Douglas’ $1.145 million deal, the Knicks would be sending out $3.73 million in salaries. The new collective bargaining agreement would allow New York to take back 150 percent plus or minus $100,000, which would give Crawford a starting salary of $5.6 million.

Last season, Crawford averaged 14.2 points for the Atlanta Hawks. In 2010, Crawford won the NBA’s Sixth Man of the Year award. Mike Woodson, who is now an assistant coach with the Knicks, coached Crawford in Atlanta and the two are still very close.

The Knicks are doing whatever they can to surround Carmelo Anthony and Amar’e Stoudemire with talent. The addition of Chandler was a start and they’d love to add Crawford to their core as well.

Last edited:

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
WHOA...Fields is far from expenable unless your talking someone of significant quality. Fields should of been rookie of the year because Blake wasnt a rookie. Blakes rookie season was spent hurt! I would more easily trade Toney than Fields. If we keep Jeffries and lose Landry it would be an abomination

Red

TYPE-A
WHOA...Fields is far from expenable unless your talking someone of significant quality. Fields should of been rookie of the year because Blake wasnt a rookie. Blakes rookie season was spent hurt! I would more easily trade Toney than Fields. If we keep Jeffries and lose Landry it would be an abomination

Fields regular season stats were inflated by the increased possessions created by this system, including missed shots.

When the team more closely resembled what we have now (Melo) and the bright lights were on, Fields avg < 2pts per in the playoffs.

D'Antoni uses (maybe because he was forced to) Fields out of position at SG, out of his league at starter. If his value or demand is perceived to be what you say (greater than TD, ROY) then now is the time to cash in.

His contract runs out next year. You've seen him at his best, he's a back-up SF. If you can get a better starting SG with him, you do it, instead of waiting for him to blossom.

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Landry had the 2nd most rebounds amongst rookies behind Griffin and 2nd most rebounds amongst guards in the NBA, not to mention he was a ROOKIE! Outside of Ogres like Dwight, Shaq, Bynum , etc or the next coming of magic johnson it is exceptionally rare for rookies to have a significant impact. Not to mention his late season woes to me were more of Dantoni's fault then anything else. Regardless of his intangibles and already proven chemistry with the team I would trade him also but not for a Jamal Crawford type player! ...idk might just be me but Landry Fields potential> Jamal Crawford

Red

TYPE-A
Landry had the 2nd most rebounds amongst rookies behind Griffin and 2nd most rebounds amongst guards in the NBA, not to mention he was a ROOKIE! Outside of Ogres like Dwight, Shaq, Bynum , etc or the next coming of magic johnson it is exceptionally rare for rookies to have a significant impact. Not to mention his late season woes to me were more of Dantoni's fault then anything else. Regardless of his intangibles and already proven chemistry with the team I would trade him also but not for a Jamal Crawford type player! ...idk might just be me but Landry Fields potential> Jamal Crawford

Relative to the system. What do you think happens when you hurry and shoot 7 seconds into the clock over a season? And last I checked MOA is still the coach.

Who do you think he's worth...

OJ Mayo?

DeAndre Jordan?

Cut it out.

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
No smart guy! but I think keeping landry and watching his growth is less of a risk than trading him for Jamal. Anyway since they're not going to do that regardless it's kind of pointless.