STAT N MELO Talkim bout defense...Who's more likely to step up?

???

• Melo by default, Amare's knees will give out by January

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
sounds like they're committed to the philosophy and know its on them to set the tone. and our defensive leader Chandler wont allow them to half-ass. he's not afraid to get in their ear, he's a leader in his own right. Im looking for him to completely reshape our defense and make a strong push for DPOY. plus stat and melo know they have backup if their man gets by them thus making them more aggressive to defend. its perfect

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Both have had impressive defensive displays. Talking about being committed to defense doesn't mean anything. We have to see if they give the defensive effort.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Carmelo plays some impressive defense if he wants to. Amare once said he's been never taught defense and that's what makes it for him to adjust on the defensive end. But in my opinion they can both be very useful defenders, I hope Woodson can teach them some moves and motivate them enough.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Funny as hell seeing the " LaLa could post me up anytime, ill play some defense on her" option got most of the votes. :)

KingCharles34

All Star
Looks we have a little more faith in Carmelo then Amare, we also believe Jared Jeffries will play better defense then both of them, and most of us would like for LaLa to practice her low post offense while we take turns defending her

RunningJumper, InGodsHands, and Dzwonsson all expressed no interest in letting LaLa work the low post of them. Explain yourselves...

Lala-Anthony.jpg

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
RunningJumper, InGodsHands, and Dzwonsson all expressed no interest in letting LaLa work the low post of them. Explain yourselves...
I don't know, she doesn't look attractive to me, white guys are rarely interested in big black butts and boobs (no racist).

They should both improve under Woodson. However, I think Stat and T.Chandler will have health issues trying to compete in D'Ant's system. Its fast pace and wears you out. Both Stat and Chandler have leg problems. I sure hope Woodson changes the tempo of the game because D'Ant will just burn these guys out with a small rotation and have these aging knee cappers flying up and down the courts...you saw how Stat and Mello looked at the end of last year. Both guys were sitting on the bench wearing ice packs on their knees. T.Chandler will be the next one if D'Ant has his way.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Amare will play decent help defense. But his man defense will ALWAYS blow. Melo's defense will be much better this season. I have far more faith in him.

LALA really isn't that attractive. But, I do like me some padding on the backside thou, more cushing for the pushing. I don't like chicks with long backs and a split at the bottom. Not only is it boyish looking... flat backs can't really take it. Big breast (or implants) are a hugh turn off for me also. Perky and firm is the way to go, Women with milk dudes are a no no. Once that bra comes off and gravity plays it's part...:barf:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Melo and Amare' on Defense

Both Melo and Amare' are terrific athletes and, therefore, physically capable of playing great defense. I think each of them will step up his defense this year because each's past indifference to defense has been highlighted in the media. They both have something to prove.

That being said, I share the concerns of others like RealNY Baller that they will be worked too hard in the D'Antoni system and we do not have much depth up front to permit significant in game rest.

jzero29

Rotation player
We need them on board

Defensive effort and commitment is what we need from them, STopping the other team. Tyson Chandler brings a shot blocking defensive presence into the mix. Hopefully he can inspire, persuade,guilt those other guys into giving it the charles oakly effort

p0nder

Starter
I think on a nightly basis we see Carmelo step up his D. STAT will play help D and lock down in the big games. But we just brought in Tyson Chandler to mostly just cover STAT's ass down low (no homo). He'll probably take the pass on occasion and let tyson step up.

Carmelo tho seems to be the one who really pushed hard for a defensive minded team. he ranted about it a lot last year when he got here. I suspect bringing in Tyson was a move Melo endorsed.

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Watching some Knicks in 60 and Melo has all the potential in the world ... Against the magic 39pts 10 bounds, hustle D. Blocked Howard....guy is a beast!

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
WHOA! LALA IS BAD! You dont have to be ethnic to appreciate some knockers n some curves.... If u say something about her face I say thats what pillows are for

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Looks we have a little more faith in Carmelo then Amare, we also believe Jared Jeffries will play better defense then both of them, and most of us would like for LaLa to practice her low post offense while we take turns defending her

Lala-Anthony.jpg
Man, I want to insert myself inside her right now.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Dude, there is no such a thing as a PR race, Lala is black, do you think there is any race connection between her for example Barea who is also PR and and is white like 75% of all Puerto Ricans...

toNYknicks

Benchwarmer
Puerto rican isnt a race its a nationality but there are plenty of dark skin puerto ricans... People from pr are a mix of Spanish Indian and African decent some just have more of one then the other...Lala got that african booty and them white girl jugs