Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Davis Likely To Be Amnestied, End Up With Knicks

Veteran

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Baron is lazy, out of shape, and nonchalant when he isn't happy or motivated.

1st off i agree with ya... b u t.. what a statement to make about a guy... if he's happy or motivated...

fuk he's making 14m...and he aint happy or motivated... fuk him.. i'd ban his fat ass ... let him pay for 2 fukin seats and go to turkey or spain n play..

fuk him...

Originally Posted by paris401
    1st off i agree with ya... b u t.. what a statement to make about a guy... if he's happy or motivated...

fuk he's making 14m...and he aint happy or motivated... fuk him.. i'd ban his fat ass ... let him pay for 2 fukin seats and go to turkey or spain n play..

fuk him...
    with that 14mil he is getting, he can VACATION in those locales without losing sleep over bball, 4real!

Veteran

Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    The Baron is clearly the best low-risk, high-reward guard we can sign.

This is a very sound move.

Baron is lazy, out of shape, and nonchalant when he isn't happy or motivated.

However, when The Baron is in a situation he finds challenging, interesting, and fruitful he always has been -- and still is -- an able, above average to good point guard.

If he wants to play for us....with the talent we have, and MDA coaching, this could prove to be the best pickup of free agency (not that Davis is the best player, obviously).

If Davis goes down, we still will have our pick of one of our current combo guards to slot in alongside Bibby, while still leaving a combo guard (either Douglas or Shumpert, likely) to slot alongside Fields for our 2.

Davis-Bibby
    Douglas-Shumpert
    Melo-Fields
    Amare-Jeffries
    Chandler-Jordan

Ideally, Fields coming on as our 6th man, who we can use in both the 2 and 3. If Douglas/Shumpert aren't showing us ****, we can always slot Landry back in as a starting 2.

what about Walker and Shawnee Williams,,,,

Veteran

Originally Posted by paris401

fuk him...
    I can't really disagree with ya; if I ran a team, I would call that **** out if a player tried to punk the franchise and fans like that.

Pro-Baron people often put it like this: he plays down, or up...to his competition/teammates/etc. So if he's on a legit team, with hardcore fans, pumped up arenas, etc, he will bring it.

Veteran

Originally Posted by skisloper
    what about Walker and Shawnee Williams,,,,
    I don't see Walker doing **** for us this year, or getting any quality minutes barring injuries or total performance collapse by our guards.

He's in the third tier backup mix right now for the 2 and 3 spot, no?

Williams, ya, I forgot to add him to the depth chart, lol. I guess his value goes up some if Jordan sucks, and we play Jeffries more at the 5, and Williams then gets more play backing up Amare at the 4?

Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    Dec 12, 2011 1:35 PM EST

While Baron Davis has left Cleveland to have his back examined, a source says it is likely that he is amnestied by the Cavaliers and that he ends up signing with the Knicks.

But Davis may not be available to play for a while due to his bad back.

Via [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I understand picking up a veteran like him but why would you risk a roster spot knowing he has back issues?
    i like the idea of davis but if he has health issues then we dont need him taking away minutes from TD, Bibby and Shumpert

Superstar

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    i like the idea of davis but if he has health issues then we dont need him taking away minutes from TD, Bibby and Shumpert
    I have a feeling that this might not be 100% true.. In order for him to sign with the Knicks even if he is amnestied teams under the cap can claim him off waivers.. If no one does THEN he can sign where he wants.. I don't think that this is a fake injury so that the cavs won't want him anymore, I think they were going to waive him regardless, but I think this might be so that no one under the cap will jump on the chance to claim him off waivers

Originally Posted by smokes
    You stole my avatar!
    Dude I used to post here for a long time before. Haven't been online here in a long time. But that STAT pic has always been my avatar since like a year ago.

Looks like you stole my avatar lol.

Oh let's not bring his back issues or player development into this. Let's get our championship goals rolling. The young guys will get their day, and maybe soon.

Veteran

At worst Baron is a mentor for TD and Shumpert - as much as it's true that Baron isn't much of a superstar, he's still got much better PG skills than those two.

Look at how great Darren Collison was playing when he had Chris Paul mentoring him from the bench.

Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    At worst Baron is a mentor for TD and Shumpert - as much as it's true that Baron isn't much of a superstar, he's still got much better PG skills than those two.

Look at how great Darren Collison was playing when he had Chris Paul mentoring him from the bench.
    And the Cavs actually won some big games with him.

Superstar

Baron can still ball. I was at the Clips/Knicks game last year, and he was pretty impressive. I me we have swiss cheese D, but he could get to the rim when he wanted.

I think, like others have said, he needs to be motivated. I'd rather have him than Bibby, any day.

Superstar

Plus, with Ronny gone, we need another epic beard on the team.

Would be great to have somebody with streetball handles and very good NBA skill in New York.

[Only registered and activated users can see images. ]]

3:42 PM, December 12, 2011
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Knicks' interest in Cavaliers point guard Baron Davis could be tempered by a revelation that his recent back injury could be more serious than previously thought.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Davis, who hurt his back at the beginning of training camp, is seeking a second opinion on the injury. The Cavaliers belief after Davis' physical is the back issue could keep him out weeks.

Davis wants to play in New York if he becomes an amnesty free agent but the Cavs are waiting before making the decision. The amnesty process is complicated and teams under the salary cap put in bids for Davis' services, meaning he can't initially pick his own destination.
    The Knicks are over the salary cap and must wait to see if Davis is claimed

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Damn... It looks like his back injury is worse than we thought.
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast