D'antoni Talks about Woodson

Ewing33Swisher

Benchwarmer
"Defensivly we're going to do exactly what we did last year.. The idea is to just get them motivated and keep them up there in a different voice, which can help. Mike will be great on the defensive end. … Again, we’re getting into a little habit of offense-defense coaches, but you coach the whole game. He’ll help me on the offensive end and defensive end — wherever we need him at. He’s a very good coach, as the other guys, and we’ll sit in the room together and figure out what we need to do, and do it."

- Mike D’Antoni on working with Mike Woodson

http://www.theknicksblog.com/2011/12/12/figure-out-what-you-need-to-do-and-do-it/#disqus_thread

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
This means Mike D won't worry about coaching defense and just let Chandler be the anchor while Woodson is in charge of the defensive department.....seriously.

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Quotes like that makes me dislike D'Antoni even more. He can't even say that Woodson was hired to help the team on defense. He didn't come to help offensively, although, he may anyway. He can because you (D'Antoni) are horrible defensively. I know it, my grandmother knows it, my gf's dog knows it, but you won't acknowledge it at all. You are in denial.

At least he is far better than the "coach" in Miami.

I don't know if they can coexist. But, at least D'Antoni seems like he's onboard.

Is it me, or does it seem to me that MDA is saying they arent going to change any technical aspects of the defense that was played last year? I'm sure Woodson wasnt brought here primarily to be a rah-rah type of coach. We need his technical expertise...

shaolin

Benchwarmer
^^ Yes. D'Antoni is making it seem like he will still be king of the hill offensively and defensively, but throws, we can use his help. He needs to leave. I would almost rather see us fail if that means D'Antoni gets fired.