Aaron Afflalo

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
How bout this guy? I'd rather offer that 5.6mil for this guy rather than Crawford. Averaged 12ppg while in a team full of scorers. Very solid on defense
I think he's the missing piece to this championship puzzle.

Watcha guys think?

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
He's also known as a very hard worker and ultimate team player. These are the kind of guys that we should surround our superstars with. Problem is, I think Denver will want him bavk and match any offer we can give

smokes

Huge Member
He's an RFA. Nuggets will match anything we can offer. I'm not even sure we can meet his qualifying offer of 2.9 million.

Thugball

Benchwarmer
Would love to have him but really don't think we can. Solid shooter and very good defender. He was a great fit on the wing with Melo in Denver and would be agreat fit here too.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Would love to have him but really don't think we can. Solid shooter and very good defender. He was a great fit on the wing with Melo in Denver and would be agreat fit here too.

I want Reggie Williams more, better shooter, athlete, solid defender, better creator off the dribble

finestrg

Rotation player
Good call on this guy CA7. 6'5", 3-pt shooter, defender, pretty athletic esp. during his UCLA days. I used to like Josh Shipp's game for UCLA too. Where is that guy these days? Another guy around 6'5" and like Affalo, he was a good 3-pt shooter, not as athletic as Affalo though (I think he had hip or back problems at one point that sapped some of his athleticism). Speaking of UCLA, imagine if we were able to get Mbah a Moute on this team as an all-purpose defender? Forget about it. That dude's a GREAT defender that can check anyone. Defensive skills are good enough to switch off and guard all different players -- one min, he's doing a good job on D Wade, then LeBron, then he's guarding Bosh in the high post. Not too many guys in the league that have the defensive skills to do that..Not terrible offensively too..Milwaukee sign him yet?? Just thinking out loud...

Back to Affalo, I like him too, but I think Smokes is right -- he is a RFA which means DEN can match any offer that comes down the pike AND we won't be able to match his QO anyway. We don't have the full MLE to offer, only the vet minimum and the room exception which I believe is only a 2-yr, $5M deal. Too bad because he would be a good fit here.

If you listen to Grunwald and D'Antoni lately, they sound like they really want Jamal Crawford. D'Antoni in a Newsday article this morning talking about how effective Craw was last yr off the bench for ATL, and how the reigning 6th MOY would thrive here either off the bench or in a starting role perhaps. Alas, I don't see Crawford passing up the $10M over 2 yrs he currently has on the table from Portland. They can offer double and Portland's close to Seattle, Craw's home town. My thing is, if they're looking for (1) a 3-pt markman, (2) firepower off the bench esp when Melo and/or Amar'e are out of the game (this dude's a bonafide scorer) and (3) a backup SF for Melo just in case we can't come to terms with Shawne Williams --- why not consider 6'6" Reggie Williams?? He's got all of those things covered. To me, he's all 3 rolled in one package. And unlike Crawford, we might be able to get him for the room exception. But no, I gotta read last night that there's a bunch of teams interested in Reggie, but not us:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...s_Bobcats_Spurs_Interested_In_Reggie_Williams

Come on man. How the hell are we not on that list? Go get me Reggie Williams and call it a day. At least inquire for Christ's sake!

Last edited:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Always liked him since his days in UCLA. Felt bad when he lost in the final four. I'm a fan. Also, aside from his shooting efficiency and solid stats, he brings intangibles due to his effort.

Kiyaman

Legend
I want Reggie Williams more, better shooter, athlete, solid defender, better creator off the dribble

Since TMC the Golden State Warriors seem to always have a roster load
of decent guards....which brings me to Azu. What happen to him?

oshi

Benchwarmer
Afflalo is a beast, one of my favorite players. I think he could score more than 12 a game easy but he's a pass first team guy pretty much the opposite of JR on Denver who never turns down a shot. He was shooting a little more off dribble when Melo left, entering his prime getting better every year, so many of his 3s last year looked in and out to me (or just in, haha) very good stroke. I wish he'd go to NY but not happening. I hope he resigns with Denver at least they're my west coast team and were my playoff team back when the Knicks + management was so bad I could barely stomach to watch.