CP3 to clips.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Hornets got a pretty nice deal. Gordon, Kaman, Aminu, and an unprotected T'Wolves 2012 pick (and we all know how high that pick's gonna be.)

Gordon + 2012 selection isn't that bad, barring bad drafting by Demps & co.

Wargames

Starter
F*ck ahh well moving on...

Really though im hoping our bench steps up during the back to backs. Also TD needs to play like his job is on the line because if the knicks loose to bad PG play he will be gone next year.......

If he plays well the knicks can make an offer to a player to be the Knicks Sixth man since all our scorers are in the starting Unit. Shumpert is looking like a SG with some handle but hopefully he.can develop into a swingman type player as well.w

smokes

Huge Member
The Hornets fans and many reporters had no problem with Odom, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Dragic, and a 1st round pick

But this is a lot better.

F*ck ahh well moving on...

F*ck what? We had no chance whatsoever of getting CP3 this year. The tiny chance we have of getting him next year just got a lot better with him going to the Clippers. Out of all the teams he could have gone to the Clips are the least likely he'd want to stay with.

Can't find any mention of him being made to opt-in to his player option for this deal which means he should still be a FA next summer :D

finestrg

Rotation player
Poor Chauncey man...Dude's gotta be LIVID right now...I betcha he was just settling down after being dumped by us, thinking about the possibilities of playing with Griffin, Jordan and co, maybe even being the starting PG of that team....now this. I feel for Billups here. He's lashed out publicly a little lately and came off real bitter but he's got a point --- why should an amnestied player not be allowed to pick the team he wants to go to?? And then an amnestied player can't be moved until the followng season?!? WTF is that? Like now, look at this situation -- the Clips trade for Paul, why can't they try to make a trade to accommodate Billups or from their own perspective, to get something for him?? It's a stupid rule imo...Billups may retire now. He's said recently that he doesn't want to be anyone's mentor anymore..And I highly doubt he wants to be Paul's caddy either..

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
damn, good deal both sides. were gonna see a lotta alley-oops in highlights paul-griffin paul-jordan. cant wait to watch them, he said he wants the clippers knowing the knicks and lakers werent a possibility so yea its cool.

as for the hornets what more could you want? get a speedy recovery and a star player in gordon and a potential allstar with that 1st rounder.

fender0577

Rotation player
They got a unprotected pick from the wolves, are you kidding me, that's a top 5 pick.They should have outlawed this practice after Isiah thomas was given them out like free cheese when that sucka tanked us.

platnumn

Benchwarmer
Laughing my ass off at this deal for the Clips. 3 starters and and unprotected 1st rounder, are you kidding me.... For Chris Paul without a guaranteed contract extension?!?!

That's a lot. I mean we paid more for Melo, but we didn't really have a choice, we were getting him no matter what the stakes.

This is a monster huge deal for the Hornets IMO. I wish them well, when I lived down in New Orleans I loved watching CP3 dish.

Forrest17

Rotation player
Laughing my ass off at this deal for the Clips. 3 starters and and unprotected 1st rounder, are you kidding me.... For Chris Paul without a guaranteed contract extension?!?!

That's a lot. I mean we paid more for Melo, but we didn't really have a choice, we were getting him no matter what the stakes.

This is a monster huge deal for the Hornets IMO. I wish them well, when I lived down in New Orleans I loved watching CP3 dish.

It might seem like it but, Kamans contract is expiring, eric gordon is good but he is not the game changer that CP3 is. Sure, draft picks are great, but here is the thing

THey have blake griffin. They don't want to loose blake griffin. They need to start winning now, and keep him happy.. And with Chris Paul, they are a better team than they were yesterday. Plus they have a few too many pgs, they can make some trades and make their team even better.

THey had enough young talent already, they need some experience if they want to get anywhere and they got it. Those other things they gave up to get him are replaceable, Blake Griffin and Chris Paul aren't. Also, they can offer them both a lot more money if they resign there than if they leave during free agency, and now for free agents to sign there, with both those guys that team almost looks better than the Lakers atm without phil jackson.