Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CP3 to clips.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

damn, good deal both sides. were gonna see a lotta alley-oops in highlights paul-griffin paul-jordan. cant wait to watch them, he said he wants the clippers knowing the knicks and lakers werent a possibility so yea its cool.

as for the hornets what more could you want? get a speedy recovery and a star player in gordon and a potential allstar with that 1st rounder.

Superstar

They got a unprotected pick from the wolves, are you kidding me, that's a top 5 pick.They should have outlawed this practice after Isiah thomas was given them out like free cheese when that sucka tanked us.

Veteran

All the wiser we made the Tyson Chandler deal. There's no way we could have competed with that.

Laughing my ass off at this deal for the Clips. 3 starters and and unprotected 1st rounder, are you kidding me.... For Chris Paul without a guaranteed contract extension?!?!

That's a lot. I mean we paid more for Melo, but we didn't really have a choice, we were getting him no matter what the stakes.

This is a monster huge deal for the Hornets IMO. I wish them well, when I lived down in New Orleans I loved watching CP3 dish.

Superstar

Originally Posted by platnumn
    Laughing my ass off at this deal for the Clips. 3 starters and and unprotected 1st rounder, are you kidding me.... For Chris Paul without a guaranteed contract extension?!?!

That's a lot. I mean we paid more for Melo, but we didn't really have a choice, we were getting him no matter what the stakes.

This is a monster huge deal for the Hornets IMO. I wish them well, when I lived down in New Orleans I loved watching CP3 dish.
    It might seem like it but, Kamans contract is expiring, eric gordon is good but he is not the game changer that CP3 is. Sure, draft picks are great, but here is the thing

THey have blake griffin. They don't want to loose blake griffin. They need to start winning now, and keep him happy.. And with Chris Paul, they are a better team than they were yesterday. Plus they have a few too many pgs, they can make some trades and make their team even better.

THey had enough young talent already, they need some experience if they want to get anywhere and they got it. Those other things they gave up to get him are replaceable, Blake Griffin and Chris Paul aren't. Also, they can offer them both a lot more money if they resign there than if they leave during free agency, and now for free agents to sign there, with both those guys that team almost looks better than the Lakers atm without phil jackson.

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    The Hornets fans and many reporters had no problem with Odom, Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Dragic, and a 1st round pick
    That maybe the case but this a much better package for a rebuiliding franchise.

Originally Posted by Forrest17
    It might seem like it but, Kamans contract is expiring, eric gordon is good but he is not the game changer that CP3 is. Sure, draft picks are great, but here is the thing

THey have blake griffin. They don't want to loose blake griffin. They need to start winning now, and keep him happy.. And with Chris Paul, they are a better team than they were yesterday. Plus they have a few too many pgs, they can make some trades and make their team even better.

THey had enough young talent already, they need some experience if they want to get anywhere and they got it. Those other things they gave up to get him are replaceable, Blake Griffin and Chris Paul aren't. Also, they can offer them both a lot more money if they resign there than if they leave during free agency, and now for free agents to sign there, with both those guys that team almost looks better than the Lakers atm without phil jackson.
    All of that being said, Jack, Gordon, Ariza, Kaman, and Okafor isn't exactly a terrible starting 5...add in Landry and Belinelli off the bench and....that might be a playoff team. They just need a backup PG.

Edit: My bad, Landry isn't there anymore. They still might be good enough to sniff out the 8th seed.

Another Edit: I forgot Pondexter who showed some signs of life last year, that team isn't terrible.
    Last edited by nuckles2k2; Dec 14, 2011 at 19:40.

Veteran

Originally Posted by Forrest17

You are 100% right....Now they are assured that as long as Paul and Griffin succeed then Griffin will sign long term when the time running......They gave up alot but if this secures Griffin for many years then a brilliant move....You cannot lose a superstar...

Now what do the Lakers do......I hope they get HOWARD by trading Gasol and Bynum.....Then grab Williams from the next at the end of the season...

Paul to the Clippers leaves the Lakers with one option and that is Howard....Nets have to be freaking out

Superstar

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
    All of that being said, Jack, Gordon, Ariza, Kaman, and Okafor isn't exactly a terrible starting 5...add in Landry and Belinelli off the bench and....that might be a playoff team. They just need a backup PG.

Edit: My bad, Landry isn't there anymore. They still might be good enough to sniff out the 8th seed.

Another Edit: I forgot Pondexter who showed some signs of life last year, that team isn't terrible.
    yeah they could still be a playoff team but the league REALLY needs to sell that team or else no decent free agents will ever sign there and anyone who is under contract now will be gone as soon as possible lol.

If they can't keep the team there I would like to see the Supersonics make a come back.

Thumbs down

Jerry Buss must be frothing at the mouth.

Kobe, too.

The Lakers offer in conjunction with the Rockets was 10x what N.O ended up with, IMO.

Do the Lakers play in Cleveland this year? Owner/dick cheese, Dan Gilbert, was the one that started the movement against Paul to the Lakers. Regardless of whether or not the CBA was redrawn to help out small market teams, the best offer is the best offer. Interfering with that as a matter of 'principal' is absurd. This wasn't about Robin Hood stealing from the rich to give to the poor, but that's what it became.

Then, to add insult to injury, the NBA send Paul to the very same arena. That's a pretty big F.U.

On a brighter note, the NBA's top 10 plays of the day just got a whole lot sexier. No doubt part of the influence.

Trade approved, Paul is a Clipper...

I HIGHLY CP3 signs with whatever that team has left LOL!

Superstar

Originally Posted by Crazy⑧s
    Jerry Buss must be frothing at the mouth.

Kobe, too.

The Lakers offer in conjunction with the Rockets was 10x what N.O ended up with, IMO.

Do the Lakers play in Cleveland this year? Owner/dick cheese, Dan Gilbert, was the one that started the movement against Paul to the Lakers. Regardless of whether or not the CBA was redrawn to help out small market teams, the best offer is the best offer. Interfering with that as a matter of 'principal' is absurd. This wasn't about Robin Hood stealing from the rich to give to the poor, but that's what it became.

Then, to add insult to injury, the NBA send Paul to the very same arena. That's a pretty big F.U.

On a brighter note, the NBA's top 10 plays of the day just got a whole lot sexier. No doubt part of the influence.
    I think the reasoning was salary. The lakers gave up alot in that deal, but they also freed up a lot of cap space, keep a lot of tradable assets and I think that is what the league didn't like, because they still could have gone after Dwight Howard which would have been a nightmare for everyone in the league other than Laker fans.

The Hornets don't get as much talent here, but they get much cheaper, younger players that are also very talented, and an unprotected 1st round draft pick instead of our pick from Houston which will most likely not be very high.

I think the league is going to try and sell the team very soon after this disaster and they want whoever steps in to have as much flexablility in terms of cap space and high picks as possible

Superstar

Originally Posted by NY17KNICKS
    I HIGHLY CP3 signs with whatever that team has left LOL!
    Well I mean, what were we left with after the trade for carmelo? They have two legit superstars now, the role players will follow, like they have with us... They have a pretty good young center, chauncy, a few decent back up guards, Caron Bulter.. All they have to do is fill out the roster a bit which they can easily do because the clippers are a much more attractive team now than before.

Originally Posted by platnumn
    Whoaaa, so it wasn't even an extend and trade? Holy ****, risky stuff from the Clippers.

Still, it's gonna be fun watching Paul and Griffin this year.