Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CP3 to clips.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Sage
    Whoaaa, so it wasn't even an extend and trade? Holy ****, risky stuff from the Clippers.

Still, it's gonna be fun watching Paul and Griffin this year.
    well they got him so that he can't opt out of it after this season like he was before, so they'll have him this season and next

and tbh I think he will resign there because under the new cba I think they can pay him a lot more than they could before.. And plus he is in LA, and plays with Blake Griffin and a few other really good players as well, This team is on the way up, not plummiting down because the league owns it like the Hornets were... It was risky but I really see this paying off big time.

Call me crazy but I could see the Clippers winning the West this season, their team has gotten really good these past few days. They got the best pg in the league to go along with a beast in Griffin, a rapidly improving Deandre Jordan, Caron butler and a veteran in Billups. All they need now is an SG.

I'm also a fan of the Hornets, and I'm pretty happy about it.

Originally Posted by AmareForPresident
    Call me crazy but I could see the Clippers winning the West this season, their team has gotten really good these past few days. They got the best pg in the league to go along with a beast in Griffin, a rapidly improving Deandre Jordan, Caron butler and a veteran in Billups. All they need now is an SG.
    The team could be scary.

Superstar

In any other season I don't think I would agree, but I mean, this shortened season and seeing as how all the games will be so close together I think them and OKC will be top three. Youth and athleticism will be huge this season, which they have a lot of.

I like this deal for both sides, can't wait to see CP3 to GRIFFIN!!

Default Billups might play SG

If Billups starts at SG then we have to take the Clippers even more seriously.

Paul
    Billups
    Butler
    Griffin
    Jordan

Is a great team, but with a limited bench.

If they keep Mo Williams then the bench is ok but epect MO to be moved since they have Eric Bledsoe.

Paul would handle the ball most of time, Chauncey camps out on the 3 point line, Butler can hit the mid range, Blake and Jordan set picks and rotate rolling to the hoop. Then Chauncey can handle the ball, kick out to any of the 4 players.....great team.

Watch out for the Clippers!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

ok a few things

1) relax

2) jordan is still unproven

3) Billups and Butler potentially might not even make it through the entire season

4) their bench is awful

5) cp3 and griffen are going to be awesome I agree, but those two with a bunch of young unproven players, and two injury prone veterans doesnt put you in contention with the mavs, lakers, spurs, thunder just yet

allbeit, I will say that they will be significantly improved.

dont buy into the hype

no haterade being drunk over here

just being as real about it as I Can be.

they arent even prepared to compete with the grizzlies just yet

best possible outcome 6th seed in the west
    lose to the thunder, lakers, or mavs in 6 in the first round.

thank you for your time.

what we should be focusing our attention on is how we are going to match up and get past this team for the next 3 or 4 years

bulls

rose vs douglas ?
    fields vs Rip hamilton ?
    Melo vs Deng
    Amare vs Boozer
    Chandler vs Noah

this will be our hardest match up for the foreseeable future.

why are we even talking about the clippers ?

Originally Posted by DontForgetDerekHarper
    what we should be focusing our attention on is how we are going to match up and get past this team for the next 3 or 4 years

bulls

rose vs douglas ?
    fields vs Rip hamilton ?
    Melo vs Deng
    Amare vs Boozer
    Chandler vs Noah

this will be our hardest match up for the foreseeable future.

why are we even talking about the clippers ?
    Hopefully Douglas and Shumpert can play some hard nosed D on Rose with Chandler waiting for him to drive.

Fields will have a hard time with Hamilton, just remember how Ray Allen destroyed Fields by running around screens and always being open in the playoffs.

Melo will own Deng, Amare will destroy Boozer(not even a chance). And Chandler is better than Noah.

I think as long as the back court can hold their own, we should beat the Bulls.

so how would Chandler match up against D12? maybe some of you younger generations will now appreciate what its like to be owned by the Bulls for the next several seasons.

Originally Posted by quiggle
    so how would Chandler match up against D12? maybe some of you younger generations will now appreciate what its like to be owned by the Bulls for the next several seasons.
    compared to most teams, we actually can play defense against Dwight with Tyson. Most teams can't say that. The Heat will get owned by Dwight down low, the Celtics have no chance(Jermaine Oniell? LOL)....

Hawks maybe with Al Horford but he is more of a PF with good speed and ahtleticism IMO

We have a chance to finally play d on dwight

2) jordan is still unproven
    You obviously haven't watched Deandre Jordan much. Deandre is a 7'0 beast that patrols the paint and is an athletic freak(which will be a plus this season since we will have a shorter season with more back to back games). How is he unproven if he averaged 7.2 RPG and 1.8 BPG while being a back-up for Kaman? This will be only his 3rd season and he is only 23, he will only improve with more playing time and not to mention he will be playing with the best PG in the league today.

3) Billups and Butler potentially might not even make it through the entire season
    Just because Bilups got a knee injury that he never has gotten before in his life doesn't mean he is injury prone. So should we say that Amare and Tyson won't make through the entire season just because they were injured before too?

I admit I was exaggerating with my last post but you can't lie that the Clippers are starting to rapidly improve. They have a great core with Griffin,Paul,Deandre to go a long with a vet in Chauncey. I agree their bench is nothing to brag about but it's not horrible, they got Foye,Williams,Bledsoe,and Gomes. Plus Cp3 makes everyone on his teams better, which is why I see Griffin and Deandre both having great seasons this year.

Originally Posted by smokes
    But this is a lot better.

F*ck what? We had no chance whatsoever of getting CP3 this year. The tiny chance we have of getting him next year just got a lot better with him going to the Clippers. Out of all the teams he could have gone to the Clips are the least likely he'd want to stay with.

Can't find any mention of him being made to opt-in to his player option for this deal which means he should still be a FA next summer
    The bolded sounds somewhat promising..

Totally dissappointed about how this went down. Guess I should have been more realistic.

Smokes,

You were right.