CP3 to clips.

Paul1355

All Star
what we should be focusing our attention on is how we are going to match up and get past this team for the next 3 or 4 years

bulls

rose vs douglas ?
fields vs Rip hamilton ?
Melo vs Deng
Amare vs Boozer
Chandler vs Noah

this will be our hardest match up for the foreseeable future.

why are we even talking about the clippers ?

Hopefully Douglas and Shumpert can play some hard nosed D on Rose with Chandler waiting for him to drive.

Fields will have a hard time with Hamilton, just remember how Ray Allen destroyed Fields by running around screens and always being open in the playoffs.

Melo will own Deng, Amare will destroy Boozer(not even a chance). And Chandler is better than Noah.

I think as long as the back court can hold their own, we should beat the Bulls.

quiggle

Starter
so how would Chandler match up against D12? maybe some of you younger generations will now appreciate what its like to be owned by the Bulls for the next several seasons.

Paul1355

All Star
so how would Chandler match up against D12? maybe some of you younger generations will now appreciate what its like to be owned by the Bulls for the next several seasons.

compared to most teams, we actually can play defense against Dwight with Tyson. Most teams can't say that. The Heat will get owned by Dwight down low, the Celtics have no chance(Jermaine Oniell? LOL)....

Hawks maybe with Al Horford but he is more of a PF with good speed and ahtleticism IMO

We have a chance to finally play d on dwight

2) jordan is still unproven
You obviously haven't watched Deandre Jordan much. Deandre is a 7'0 beast that patrols the paint and is an athletic freak(which will be a plus this season since we will have a shorter season with more back to back games). How is he unproven if he averaged 7.2 RPG and 1.8 BPG while being a back-up for Kaman? This will be only his 3rd season and he is only 23, he will only improve with more playing time and not to mention he will be playing with the best PG in the league today.

3) Billups and Butler potentially might not even make it through the entire season
Just because Bilups got a knee injury that he never has gotten before in his life doesn't mean he is injury prone. So should we say that Amare and Tyson won't make through the entire season just because they were injured before too?

I admit I was exaggerating with my last post but you can't lie that the Clippers are starting to rapidly improve. They have a great core with Griffin,Paul,Deandre to go a long with a vet in Chauncey. I agree their bench is nothing to brag about but it's not horrible, they got Foye,Williams,Bledsoe,and Gomes. Plus Cp3 makes everyone on his teams better, which is why I see Griffin and Deandre both having great seasons this year.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
But this is a lot better.

F*ck what? We had no chance whatsoever of getting CP3 this year. The tiny chance we have of getting him next year just got a lot better with him going to the Clippers. Out of all the teams he could have gone to the Clips are the least likely he'd want to stay with.

Can't find any mention of him being made to opt-in to his player option for this deal which means he should still be a FA next summer :D

The bolded sounds somewhat promising..

Totally dissappointed about how this went down. Guess I should have been more realistic. :cry:

Smokes,

You were right.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
ok a few things

1) relax

2) jordan is still unproven

3) Billups and Butler potentially might not even make it through the entire season

4) their bench is awful

5) cp3 and griffen are going to be awesome I agree, but those two with a bunch of young unproven players, and two injury prone veterans doesnt put you in contention with the mavs, lakers, spurs, thunder just yet

allbeit, I will say that they will be significantly improved.

dont buy into the hype

no haterade being drunk over here

just being as real about it as I Can be.

they arent even prepared to compete with the grizzlies just yet

best possible outcome 6th seed in the west
lose to the thunder, lakers, or mavs in 6 in the first round.

thank you for your time.

I hear you. But I'm not sure I'd underestimate the combo of Paul /Griffin.

That's a devastating two-some. With a little defense that team can be very good.

Barring injury, I see them as on par with a team like OKC.

th3realicon

Rotation player
CP-got-Stern_d_medium.gif