Shawne Williams takes his talents back to the Garden State

skisloper

Starter
Shawnee blew hot and cold....sometimes he was the man and other times he looked lost..........not a stong defender

At least we have some money so maybe we could make a move

CoolClyde

goodby extra e

let's see, Knicks offered 985K, Nyets offered 4Mill/1year.
how can you blame extra E?

Knicks left him hanging while they waited for Crawful
to make a money decision, and Nyets jumped at the
chance to steal a Knicks contributor. shame on Glenwald.

I hope Knicks go after Mo Evans full-on, and not waste
money and time on back casualty Baron von Hernia.

New New York

Quiet Storm
a player who could backup both Amare and Melo, stretch the defense with is shooting and was a better defender than he is given credit for

This is not like us losing Ewing or anything but a loss nonetheless.

I blame the fact that all we had was the 2.5 million exception, last year we are able to match Jersey's offer.

We gotta stop chasing these gaurds tho and solidify our frontcourt coming off the bench

skisloper

Starter
let's see, Knicks offered 985K, Nyets offered 4Mill/1year.
how can you blame extra E?

Knicks left him hanging while they waited for Crawful
to make a money decision, and Nyets jumped at the
chance to steal a Knicks contributor. shame on Glenwald.

I hope Knicks go after Mo Evans full-on, and not waste
money and time on back casualty Baron von Hernia.

4 million and a starting role....
NETS better pray the Lakers dont trade for Howard....they will lose Williams and be down to crap again....

Take a chance on Baron Davis for cheap money if you can....he is worth the risk all day

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Shawne Williams accepted the same 2yr 5mil dollar deal we were offering from the Nets.
Someone was butthurt

quiggle

Starter
good riddance, like Wil C we will be fine without a former Knicks pothead. good luck in your marriage to Candace parker maybe she and Beyonce can become great friends in Jersey.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Wait. I thought free agents were going to line up to play in New York for cheap. So far we got Bibby and Jeffries. Yikes. Our bench really sucks.

I dont blame shawne but i wish he went to any other team besides the Nets.

My dude right here has the best Knicks blog on the net

I See You My Dude
winning2.gif

Wait. I thought free agents were going to line up to play in New York for cheap. So far we got Bibby and Jeffries. Yikes. Our bench really sucks.

Theres A BIG Difference Between 2 Million Dollar Cheap And 5-7 Million Dollar Cheap

A QUALITY NBA Guy Would Reluctantly Take 5-7 Mill A Year To Win

2 Is An Insult

This Is A League Where Kwame Brown Is Making 7 Million Dollars

Forrest17

Rotation player
Shawne Williams accepted the same 2yr 5mil dollar deal we were offering from the Nets.
Someone was butthurt

Was any other team last year even going to consider putting him on the roster?

We saved this guys career.. I can see if someone else gave him a much better offer, but the same offer to a rival team? Wtf man.

Sure, we did give him a lame offer up front, yes, we did try and get Crawford, but dude come on..

jaydenise

Rookie
good riddance, like Wil C we will be fine without a former Knicks pothead. good luck in your marriage to Candace parker maybe she and Beyonce can become great friends in Jersey.

he's not married to candace parker that's shelden williams. lol.

I will only miss his 3pt shot, the rest of his game was average at best. If his shot loses it's consistancy... he would be more of a hindrance than a contributor. The Knicks really don't need his services as much as they did at the begining of last year. His rebounding look good because we didn't have any rebounders. When you have a rooky guard grabbing most of your boards you know some adjustments need to be made. I do like S. Williams attitude thou...

Red

TYPE-A
For all those who believe "players will take less once we have stars here"

Or "players will take less for a chance at a championship"

All I can say is...

DON'T F*CKING FOOL YOURSELF!

If we could measure or put a number on

PLAYERS WHO HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN

Money -vs- Winning

...it would be a resounding stat.

99% choose money
1% choose winning, if that much.

nyk_nyk

All Star
To all the people beefing about Williams going to the Nets: He was offered a starting position. That's very valuable to a player in his position. He gets more minutes and an opportunity to prove that he IS a starting rotation player. Plus he gets easier shots by way of D-Will.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
damn, im a little upset simply because i like his game so much. great intensity on both ends and his defense is solid. gonna be missed but im happy for him reviving his career and now get the chance to start in NJ. #gonnabemissed

Kiyaman

Legend
To all the people beefing about Williams going to the Nets: He was offered a starting position. That's very valuable to a player in his position. He gets more minutes and an opportunity to prove that he IS a starting rotation player. Plus he gets easier shots by way of D-Will.

:agreed:
Sheldon Williams will do all the dirty work at PF like he did with Al Horford, so Lopez
could improve his skills to be a shotblocking double-double center.
Nets now need a decent scoring SF to go with D-Will.
SG-Terrence Williams wouldve been the perfect guard to tandem with D-Will.
Nets may seek a new headcoach if T-Will explode in Houston.

I would want Shawn Williams back if he had more to offer than open 3 point shots....
here are all the things Shawn Williams dont do well....boxout, screen, rebound, pass,
blockshots, put-backs, and switch oponents on defense.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Bad Move

If he leaves I will be very upset. The rule of thumb is always take care of home first. Obama needs to learn this too!!!!