STAT not going to play full schedule

quiggle

Starter
feel sorry for those who buy their tickets in advance with intentions to see him play and he takes the day off.

?Depending on how the games feel and add up, it may be smart to take a recovery day depending on how we are playing and what kind of approach we?re taking toward that game,? Stoudemire said. ?It may be smart to take some recovery days.??

?You want to stay healthy,?? added Stoudemire, whose surgically repaired knee caused his $100 million contract not to be insured. ?It will be a very impactful season. We got to get our rest and be healthy and maintain rest.??

p0nder

Starter
while it sucks for the ticket holders hoping to see him, i understand where he is coming from. I just played 3 games in 5 nights and my healthy 26year old legs are hurtin'. i can only imagine what playing 6 or 7 games in 8 nights is going to do to some of these guys.

As a knicks fan, i want to see the knicks preserve their 100 million dollar man for as long as possible. With Stat we are a dominant team, without him we are the Melo Show.

quiggle

Starter
hey that is no excuse that is their job and they are getting paid. so they play three games in a row, and Renaissance Man sits out the third but is perfectly fine to play is that fair to the fans who pay good money for this?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
at the end of the day health is a factor we need him healthy and as fresh as possible for the playoffs thats whats important and im all of him taking a game off. same with the other guys. you'll see it a lot around the league as well

I just hope this is not connected to the back problems he suffered in the Playoffs last year. Bad knees and a bad back is not a good combination at all :crossfingers:

nyk_nyk

All Star
This is not something he should be commenting on publicly! His answer to any question like this should be "we'll see what happens". What's the benefit of revealing that you will miss games purposely???

Dumb! If his minutes have to be reduced at times then fine but he should be playing every game if healthy.